The Corroboree
MountainGoat

Medicinal Marijuana Laws Passed in QLD Parliment

Is consumption of cannabis classed as medicinal cannabis or only pharm items such as Marinol? 

Meaning of medicinal cannabis

(1) Medicinal cannabis is a cannabis product that is—

(a) not an approved good; and

(B) used, or is intended by the manufacturer of the product

to be used, for human therapeutic purposes.

In this section—

approved good means a registered good or a listed good under

the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (Cwlth).

7 Meaning of cannabis product

A cannabis product is any product—

(a) that is or was any part of a plant of the genus Cannabis,

whether living or dead; or

(B) otherwise derived, wholly or in part, from any part of a

plant of the genus Cannabis, whether living or dead; or

© that has, or is intended by the manufacturer of the

product to have, a pharmacological effect that is

substantially similar to the pharmacological effect of a

product mentioned in paragraph (a) or (B).

• Like 1

I read somewhere I think it was the federal classification of cannabis has been changed. its been reclassified as a single compound? Or medicinal cannabis has only been registered as a single compound? I believe this compound was THC. So if I remember correct medicinal cannabis is now marinol etc and not buds. I assume all these new licenses being handed out (?) are for extraction? I can't see pharmacy stocking strains and this has been said by the top dogs that it won't be happening. Let alone a doctor recommending "a fattie before bed".

dont be happy or relieved there are new laws in place for Aussies. They stink and don't benefit anyone except for a few terminal ill. Access is pathetic, the govt test plants look like hemp and there's still no clear pathway to having medicinal available. 

I dont have any answers only complaints sorry:(

• Like 5

That definition is confusing as all hell. So apparently the object of this Act is to allow prescription of approved "medicinal cannabis" products:

Object of Act
The object of this Act is to provide for regulated access to medicinal cannabis in Queensland through—
(a) the prescription of medicinal cannabis, under a system of medicinal cannabis approvals, by single-patient prescribers; and
(B) the prescription of medicinal cannabis, without medicinal cannabis approvals, by patient-class prescribers.

And yet their definition of "medicinal cannabis" is that it is not a TGA-approved product?

On 14/10/2016 at 1:59 PM, Nothink said:

Meaning of medicinal cannabis

(1) Medicinal cannabis is a cannabis product that is—

(a) not an approved good; and

(B) used, or is intended by the manufacturer of the product

to be used, for human therapeutic purposes.

In this section—

approved good means a registered good or a listed good under

the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (Cwlth).

Er...what?

The only thing I can think of is that it might be trying to distinguish "medical cannabis" products from the [ultra-low-THC] CBD-oil products which have been quietly TGA-approved for a couple of years now. As in, y'know, actual medical marijuana products, rather than just the hemp-oil stuff that they've approved already. This is just a guess though, as the faux-English they use in those documents makes it really goddamn difficult to understand what the fuck they are saying. Can we please get those SimpleEnglish Wiki people to write up our legislation from now on?

• Like 2

*takes deep breath*....*brain screams stop tapping, stop tappin*

*brain says get some sleep*

looks like a fckn cadet put that shit together trying to rush out on a friday afternoon.

Fuck all these cunts.

Thats how I feel now, may edit this later...may not:wink:

• Like 3

The whole thing is a joke and is intentionally confusing. Just like the the RDT laws.