The Corroboree
2Deep2Handle

I moved to Nrth NSW from Goldy

Hey folks. Made the big move with my family (along with my plants) a couple of months ago, and was just wondering if there are many members in the Coffs Harbour region.

I'm very close to Woolgoolga (or Whoopi as its affectionately known), and wanted to possibly catch up with some other gardening enthusiasts out there.

Putting it out there :D

2Deep

• Like 2

Good move LOL.

I'll be down that way for good towards the end of the year. I'm pretty sure there are a few of us in the area, Tarenna for one.

Might have to do a meet some time :)

Nice one. Im in NNSW but a fair way north of you

Iwould certainly be keen to catch up at some point though.. maybe we could arrange a NNSW meet for sometime!

Hi 2Deep,

I'm just on the otherside of Coffs (but moving to Sydney real soon) ...still keen on finding out who's in the area though as my plants will still be here for a while and the plan is to buy some land up this way eventually - maybe near Valla or Repton

Holy shit no way, I'm moving to Coffs in a few weeks, still waiting to hear if my lease application was accepted for a place I really like. My partner has to stay down here for work which blows but it'll only be for six months. I have to come back to Syd to continue study hopefully once the legal case has finished. I'll be studying Counseling online and will have to get a job (blurgh!!!! Lol) but being surrounded by family in the fresh non-toxic air and non-hectic vibes. I so wanted a place with land but they weren't appropriate or affordable. 

• Like 2

Good to see there are some SABers in the area.

Halcyon keen as for a meet if your ever down this way. I though Tarenna was a bit north of me? closer to where niggles is?

Niggles, We both pretty much made the journey at the same time. Hope to catch up

Flux, thats pretty much why i moved down here. Affordable land and not stuck in the rat race that is 'The gold coast' I love Glenreigh.

FancyPants Give me a yell when your down here. I still owe you some seeds I believe ;) I hope you get accepted on your application. Make sure your partner looks after your plants while your gone! Thats why my collection has literally been dragged all over the country and back with me, as i don't trust anyone to care for my babies (I dont trust me with my babies either,but much easier to be angry with myself when things go belly up)

As circumstance would have it, in a few weeks I'll be living in my greatgrandmother's old house! Next door to my grandmother's (both passed) where an auntie and uncle and their kids live (hopefully they'll respect my privacy or good lord there's going to be some awkward situations...). I'll also be there for a year now, as six months just isn't enough time to get some work/life experience really going. It's a huge block of land and a huge house in town which is going to need some minor renos (much of it in original condition). So many of my earliest memories made in these two homes and backyards; brushing my mum's mum's mum's fine silver hair while singing What A Friend We Had In Jesus, being shown how to work the old pianola, eating then promptly puking molasses for the first time. My Self has been disconnected, fractured, thin, and I've not felt at ease for too long; in this place I will heal. In this place I will restore what was lost of me. In this place I will grow stronger, of this I have no doubt. And as incredible bonus I'll have plenty of space so I'll be bringing a few more plants than I originally thought I could - Werd to tha Dood! 

All the weird shit that happens in the world, and I'm still amazed at how mysteriously the Universe works. The Path moved surely under my feet even as I felt numb and unmoved; my Journey takes a new direction - back along the path of the Beam (for the Ka-Tet who ken my palaver)

Bring on the SAB Bee Bee Queues!

Edited by FancyPants
  • Like 2

Guys! Are we up for a MEETUP?? 

I'm still looking for work - no surprise there, i havne't had a job in a long time so my resume looks shit as hell. My partner moved up but now he hasn't been able to get work and he's been actively applying since I moved here. Him not getting work IS a big surprise though, and extremely disappointing. Looks like he's going to have to move back to Sydney for a job he's been 99.9% offered unless he gets one here by miracle before the other one starts. If the place which offered him a job down there has a position for me too, I'll probably have to move back down for a year so that we can hopefully relocate back up to Coffs after 12 months - otherwise we'll be doing the long distance thing :( 

My great grandparents' house we're living in has some cool aspects, but some very frustrating downsides being in a wheelchair. I'm now cash poor as FUCK and STILL waiting for the court decision (so angry I'm not going into it) so that I can sell my Sydney home and be able to pay the bills and buy a house up here.  

I've got a friend coming to visit from the 3/5 - 6/5 so after that would be good for us. We don't have a BBQ or enough seating though so can't host at ours. There's a shittonne of BBQ areas anywhere from Bello to Corindi if nobody else has a BBQ either? 

(Also I'll admit to being selfish here, I've been meaning to organise a catchup for ages but we've been too stressed or busy, but now that a couple of our peyotes are in dire need of help we need some expert assistance!) 

Would love to hear how you others who moved recently have fared!

Hi

I live in Coffs Harbour, work in Grafton.  Now that my kids are teenagers, I'm finally getting back into ethnobotanicals, after many years out of it.  My friends Ryan and Paul used to be more active on this board I believe, when they had an nice ethnobotanical property in Boambee.  I have a couple interesting plants growing, and want to resume my mycological explorations.  Anyway would be nice to meet some like-minded folks in the area?  I tried to send a few messages but apparently only can do that once per day, anyway hopefully will see you around!

Wow didnt realise there were a few in the area just moved here a couple months ago. Best decision ever made, feels like home.