The Corroboree
Guest corroboree_frog

Unusual plant blooming patterns

Guest corroboree_frog

Hi all,

I have noticed some unusual plant blooming patterns and general wildlife oddities in the southern hemisphere as of late. I have noticed weeds and plants blooming that normally bloom in spring blooming in mid winter and I have noticed flies and butterflies that are normally dormant till spring appearing in little bursts every few weeks or so.

Has anyone else around the world noticed this or am I just over analysing?

Look up haarp, and Obama illuminati...

everything is fucked:wink:....and by that I mean out of kilter

Edited by waterboy 2.0

how long have you been noting the dates, data and all?? 

I have been noticing nature 10 years now, I am at the northern hemisphere, and NO SINGLE YEAR is the same with any other.. 

this includes spring blooming, fungi genera present each year and fungi quantities, rain, you name it.. 

"the planet is fine, the people are fucked!"

• Like 2

No year is the same for sure sagi, but  the timings are well and truely off deep in the south I'm observing, animals (including international migratory), plants and fungi, and fire/dry seasons as a few examples. Let alone flora community changes.

I've been noticing it over 40+years, more striking changes over the last 10-15 years, but the oral history of generations of this patch of rock and dirt goes back a hellava lot longer than that and thats not lining up anymore as well, and the fluctuations are well out of the range of  these observations.

The natural world is, well was my "clock".....

people are fckd as well no doubt...lol...me included

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 3

Like I said, look up haarp and Obama illuminati, and tell yourself that the planet is fine.

On 16/07/2016 at 4:39 PM, darkzen15 said:

I have noticed weeds and plants blooming that normally bloom in spring blooming in mid winter and I have noticed flies and butterflies that are normally dormant till spring appearing in little bursts every few weeks or so.

Has anyone else around the world noticed this or am I just over analysing?

Extrapolating from insufficient data perhaps? Doesn't mean you are wrong

I've lived in the one place nearly 30 years, and early bud- break for many Spring blooming plants has been absolutely a feature of most winters- I first noted it over 25 years ago when working pruning stonefruit.

Early blooming isn't regarded well in most orchards as there is a good chance a later frost will knock the blossom off, the plants will have to use their reserves to re-flower and the crop will yield slightly less.

What I have noticed is that over the last 20 or so years I have been using progressively less firewood to keep warm in winter. That could be for a number of reasons- increasing tree cover round the house is reducing both heat loss and the flow of cold air down the hill to the house, I don't go out til 3am as often and don't work in orchards at 6am any more, and have switched to mostly car driving in the last 5 years, I'm single right now so roaming round the house looking like a complete dag isn't an issue, and I'm not as big a sook as I was when i first moved here. Etc.

But yeah, I do believe anthropic generated climate change is a real thing. However if HAARP turns out to be an actual working thing right now I will grind up and eat my crash helmet.

• Like 2

who said the climate should be eternally the same?? remember ice ages??

maybe the earth is taking care of us. we're the pests. 

• Like 1

I didn't say that climate should be the "same" BTW....my kin walked across a land bridge now under sea to get here back in the day, and their were glaciers about at the time.

The climate has and will always change, that is normal over geological timescales and the records  of cycles are there in ice, in rock, in sediments and you can see and "read" them there. You shouldn't  be able to notice significant changes in your lifetime though... that shit aint in the geological, ice core or sediment records.

Defo agree Sagi we are "pests", I'd even go so far to say "we" are "parasites" with some behaviours when regarding the general interactions with the world around "us" , humans have no problems destroying anything to advantage themselves. The Earth is taking care of itself its not being malicious, but its the poorest in the world that are copping it first and the worst though.

EDIT - In regards to climate change I aint claiming the end of the world....lol....but its gunna impact a lot of folk no doubt.

Edited by waterboy 2.0

I am not doubting the change in general .. My grandmother used to say it rained more some decades ago.. I even think I remember it, it doesnt rain as dramatically as it used to in automn.. 

But I am not sure the change is man-made or mostly man-made... 

^ So, don't you ever wonder where all our carbon dioxide goes to???

Carbon levels have been increasing since the day we started digging it up and pumping into the air.  It's that simple. It naturally belongs in the ground, not in the air.

The equation boils down to 1 + 1 = 2.

If a rat keeps pissing in your well, eventually your drinking water is going to start tasting like rat piss, right?

Well, that day has arrived, and it's going to get a lot worse before it starts getting better again. -we haven't even stopped the rats pissing in the well yet :blink:

• Like 1

^ So, don't you ever wonder where all our carbon dioxide goes to???

hmmmmm,  dont plants eat it?? :P:P:P

Carbon levels have been increasing since the day we started digging it up and pumping into the air.  It's that simple.

is it?   natural proceedures like the circle of water, the circle of carbon etc are 1+1=2 ? Come on dude. 

It naturally belongs in the ground, not in the air.

you mean, like hundreds of species of plants that do not naturally belong to australia or europe but we still grow them?? 

or enormous surfaces of land being cultivated for a single crop so that we feed the cattle for all the meat we need - natural ??? 

whats natural ?

humans have gone beyond what is natural 

but in a way whatever humans do is still natural

If a rat keeps pissing in your well, eventually your drinking water is going to start tasting like rat piss, right?

perhaps, but maybe you are going to develop a taste for rats piss or rats piss tasting water, or even evolve so that rats piss can be metabolised and even be useful....  OR,  you get poisoned and rats win.. 

I see no reason for worries in any case

we people wanna access every single shit across the globe, buy cheap shit made by workers in asia that work for 1$ per month, we need our social media and technology and tablets so that we connect with the www ALWAYS and that stupid gadgets people get so excited about

so

we want all this but we dont want capitalism sideeffects and we love trees and oh bad humans are destroying the earth... 

well I think I remember there have been heated talks for this matter here, I admit I havent read extensively on it, but I am cynic and occasional misanthrope, if we indeed are changing the climate, lets hope we are the first to get it in the ass.. 

I mean, in africa they have several exotic diseases nobody cares to make a vaccine for . they dont have clean water... 

people die from malaria and its normal... but when a westerner, a tourist or something, gets malaria in africa, then its something for the news... 

the west enviromentalists concern is that we burn too much charcoal and fuels... 

so yeah, I dont have the highest regard for enviromentalists, I have met some real assholes and they are often ignorant, I mean they dont know shit apart from parroting stupid mottos.. 

well, I cant think of a better birth control than earth getting back at us... Unfortunately the poor will be most victimised by it... 

PS: Obama illuminati, HAARP ,  etc 

now what the fuck is Obama illuminati?? 

you know being a conspiracy theorists is not working positively in what people think about your arguements, right?? 

• Like 1

You shouldn't  be able to notice significant changes in your lifetime though...

how do we know that?? are we sure the past should repeat? how do we know earth aint going to do something different and new this time?   maybe what george carlin is suggesting,  temperatures rising, so that human pest gets a lesson? 

• Like 1

Dude, plants don't replenish coal, oil and gas deposits. 

Carbon parts per million have increased, doubled actually, from what is natural. Your 'plants' ain't doin' s#!t. It's just getting more concentrated by the day.

It really is 1 +1=2 stuff. You start with 1 part per million (natural) add another 1 ppm ( man made from fossil fuels) you end up with (drumroll) 2 parts per million!!!  -NOT NATURAL! There, that wasn't so hard to grasp was it...

Now, if a fart-ass sneaks into your bedroom every night and drops a huge fart, pretty soon you'll start having very stinky nightmares LOL. And the poor African Violet on your window sill ain't gonna save you buddy :P

Edited by Halcyon Daze

don't forget those natural underground coal fires that have been burning for thousands of years if not more. :P i bet they are helping. 

• Like 1

turns out it's the hottest june on record

but it's ok because 

a) the guardian is leftist propaganda

B) getting hotter is actually and indication that we're heading into an ice age (climate change is weird like that)

people tend to notice patterns... 

in southern greece, where we got regular extreme heat waves which are always dry

this year we had heat in march, then had cool april and may and even half june, then extreme heat... strange yeah , but the weather seems a bit strange these last years.... mild winters,  2 seasons instead of 4 etc..  

I read that in mid peloponese we had a record of rain for 50 years.... because yeah, we also had a rain and cool break, after the heat wave, then again a heat wave, then 3 days  of coolness then again heatwave gradually... wouldnt call it the hottest summer ever 

HAARP must be doing this :P 

anyways

maybe I am saying there are much more at stake with what this world is leading to, apart from climate problems.. 

many mediterranean cities by the sea are expected to have issues with the sea level rising , say in the next 50 years... I joke about this saying that , since my house in on the hills , my house is gonna worth lots more in a couple years.... it will be by the beach and you will be able to dive and see the sunken city below...  amazing tourist attraction... 

we too small to even begin to state we know how our planet works.. 

but war , hatred, right wing tendencies rise, so we might have more serious issues here...  

but all this in natural... 

did you hear ISIS provides amphetamines to its "warriors" ?? boy these dudes sure have a plan 

Edited by sagiXsagi

There are natural cycles sure, and natural occurrences which fuck the atmosphere etc for our type of life...but surely all can see we humans are shitting in our own nest.?. Things wont change in that humans still need polluting industry to survive and for trinkets to occupy their minds, but I can't see the issue  with implementing better practices, why so much resistance here?

'There are none more deaf than those who do not wish to hear'.

• Like 2

This thread going to shit...lol...but I'll address it as its quoting me

You shouldn't  be able to notice significant changes in your lifetime though...

how do we know that??

Because we have the records AND the data sagi, I use to work with up to millions+ of years of geological records....I've held it in my hands....and can see and "read" the cycles....sediments never lie

You can also tell me scientific consesus is wrong:wink:

I don't think it's going to shyt at all. Nothing wrong with a robust debate. We all enjoy it unless it gets slanderous.

As for the OP, I've done a lot of work with plant/insect interactions. Both are very sensitive to climate, and I've seen these crazy weather patterns negatively affecting ecology at many levels.

Ive even discovered a new plant and a new insect, and it depressed me to watch the slow demise of the natural world I love so much. 

And sorry about my dry satirical  humour. At least I get a laugh out of it :P

Edited by Halcyon Daze

8 hours ago, doublebenno said:

There are natural cycles sure, and natural occurrences which fuck the atmosphere etc for our type of life...but surely all can see we humans are shitting in our own nest.?. Things wont change in that humans still need polluting industry to survive and for trinkets to occupy their minds, but I can't see the issue  with implementing better practices, why so much resistance here?

Unfortunately its not as simple if we dont understand the situation (im not sure that we do).  for arguments sake lets say greenhouses gases arent the greatest threat to the biosphere, but we think they are.  We build a lot of batteries to reduce our emissions but the chemicals in the batteries end up being a big problem.

• Like 1

Battery systems are a concern indeed, but so are those that are in mobile phones etc. That's where we need governments who are willing to step up and put some money into research into new technologies. At least stop protecting the fossil fuel industries and help create a level playing field to enable renewables to compete and develop.

Imagine if Trump becam prez, he'd scrap all the research on renewables and lock in extra subsidies  for his big coal mines.

The biggest hurdle for climate change is the dirty politics.

Edited by Halcyon Daze