The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
theuserformallyknownasd00d

Silly car Q

Hi all, I recently broke a slider/selector in my Toyota hiace and cannot find a parts name or number to order or buy a new one, and can't make it to the Toyota parts shop for a week or two cos of work grrrr

basically here's a picture off the net. it's the top left slidey bar that selects air to your face/feet/demist 

image.jpeg

Sorry this isn't plant related etc it's just been a real hassle driving and trying to Defog the thing lol any help would be appreciated.. It seems easy enough to take the dash off and replace this once I know what it's called! (Been searching for 6days now lol!)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

Vent selector. Arent they metal behind the plastic how did it break?

Push button is way better. Those will be attached to vacuum hoses I think, like to detach themselves, pain in the butt they are

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Hey thunder, it seems all plastic up to the very back of the switch. Unfortunately they still dunno what it's called over the phone. Gonna need to wait til I'm off nights and can get down and they can have the car for an hour. I'm just using a stick to slide it in the meanwhile...

First world probs lol sorry to waste the bandwidth hoped it would be easy but nothin with cars are are they lol 

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

Try toyodiy.com

It can be tricky to find a part number for cars from the caps diagrams, which is why most repairers employ a parts interpreter. Sometimes you can't just order a part alone, you might have to order an entire assembly. 

• Like 1

I thought this thread was going to be about Celicas!

Edited by Distracted
  • Like 4

need more details on the car man. try http://www.japan-parts.eu/ with your vin else let me know what your model code is.

had a stab in the dark http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/gr/1998/hiace-hiace-s-b-v/rch29l-sbmrkw/4_713210_058_/electrical/8715_heating-air-conditioning-control-air-duct and its not a replaceable part if you have snapped the whole toggle off. best guess is probably a wreckers for the whole unit

• Like 1