The Corroboree
Ethnotramp

Piriformaspora indica

Just curious as to whether anyone out there has any experience with this fungus? It is easily grown on various substrates (YM, PDA, PDY)  and forms  mutualistic symbiotic relationships with a wide variety of plants. It is reported to increase disease resistance, salt tolerance, drought tolerance, and phosphorus uptake. It cant help but feel this could be of interest to a lot of people here, but have seen no mention of it?  I have found cultures for sale only at ATCC.org for $354.00 US for an ampoule.  I want to get my hands on a culture, but at that price I'll be wanting for quite a while.:) If this fungus is as great as they claim, I would love to see this shared around with members of this great site:lol: and benefit all our growing endeavors.

Tricho growers unite!

• Like 1

You'll also need an DOA import permit, so add another $300 on to your costs.

On 27/05/2016 at 4:30 AM, Ethnotramp said:

Just curious as to whether anyone out there has any experience with this fungus? It is easily grown on various substrates (YM, PDA, PDY)  and forms  mutualistic symbiotic relationships with a wide variety of plants. It is reported to increase disease resistance, salt tolerance, drought tolerance, and phosphorus uptake. It cant help but feel this could be of interest to a lot of people here, but have seen no mention of it?  I have found cultures for sale only at ATCC.org for $354.00 US for an ampoule.  I want to get my hands on a culture, but at that price I'll be wanting for quite a while.:) If this fungus is as great as they claim, I would love to see this shared around with members of this great site:lol: and benefit all our growing endeavors.

Tricho growers unite!

I'm lazy, but is it available in Australia or found in Australia?

ATCC is a pain to buy from, you need an account with the Australian distributors. A quarantine permit is usually compulsory, the distributors arrange it. It's a few weeks of hassle- longer if Biosecurity can't get their heads around it ( even if it has been previously imported )

Try local vendors like Nutra-Life ( or whatever their name is these days ) and similar outlets. Email them and ask if it isn't in their catalogue.

Sorry, I should've clarified that I am stateside.  I just thought maybe there would be a better source someone on here knew of.  Being that it is of desert origin and that Australia places so much emphasis on agricultural technology I thought that it may be more common there or that someone from these forums from anywhere might have any experience with it. I would like to be able to justify the cost.

I honestly can't wait til we have all these baceria/fungi available on a shop shelf to choose from freely! 

Darklight - nutralife as in the herbal supp mob? Or did I search wrong?!

dood, I think it's Nutri Tech Solutions (?)

• Like 1

On 02/06/2016 at 3:18 PM, Anodyne said:

dood, I think it's Nutri Tech Solutions (?)

You're right, them. The tech dept was really nice when I had to contact them about stuff a few years back