The Corroboree
ThunderIdeal

trump minus bannon

17 minutes ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

I think Australians should worry more about the tools they vote in

Personally i think the grubs on offer have pretty much made themselves redundant. Nothing that they do will make a pinch of shits worth of difference. 

Clearly its not them running Oz. Thats all just fer show, its rupert, gina et al that are running the show

And the natural processes moving all around them that they are so busy denying.

Pay them no heed but NEVER FORGET!

• Like 1

Just because he says he can make America great again doesn't mean he can make it great again. 

Reagan promised the same thing and was a completely regressive asshole puppet.    

First thing trump would do is outlaw weed again, and prolly buy stocks in prisons while he's at it.

• Like 1

Thats true I think, America will never be as great as it once was.  Too far gone and too many other changing dynamics

• Like 2

All empires rise and fall, maybe the sun is setting on the us of a...

Nature abhors a vacuum so the real question is who will rise and occupy the space? 

49 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

Nature abhors a vacuum so the real question is who will rise and occupy the space? 

i'm not ashamed to go after the low hanging fruit

• Like 2

Next military superpower Russia.  Economic powerhouse, India and China if they can overcome a few hurdles.

• Like 1

What to remember, China and Russia are working on a land based Eurasia trade route (silk road), theyre working on alternatives to the IMF and BIS, theyre stockpiling gold like no tomorrow.  Russia in particular is killing it, at home and abroad despite being an oil producer. the Eu is ready to explode into nationalist pieces and half of Europe is tired of enforcing sanctions on Russia.  Crimea is a done deal.  On its present trajectory the west is losing its grip and central bankers are like Elmer fudd "no more buwwets". Time to tell the US hegemon where to jam it and start listening to Russia, time for Europe to cease being a US vassal (Australia too for that matter).  

Hence Trump, to throw those fucking neocon lunatics out of Washington

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

Ive never seen anything like the level of negativity that has this years election cycle both here and in the USA.  All ages and demographics haven't got a positive thing to say which is sad because you really only have two choices; wholeheartedly support the process and aim for change with your ability to vote for candidates and influence others to do the same OR overthrow the system.  Now we all know number two is 1 million to one odds or look for a candidate, even a fringe one and get behind them.  It may not be much but it's better than bitching.

Case in point.  If Bob brown had sat on his ass bitching and moaning 35 years ago about the Franklin river dam and wallowed in self pity we wouldn't have a left of center party in Australia anymore.

• Like 2

Cjcx16dXEAI88yA.jpg

seeing as we're in a us politics thread, let's all laugh at hillary clinton some more

• Like 3

I struggle to understand where trump will take the USA. One one hand...

"Donald J. Trump, has raised several important foreign policy issues which need addressing, and soon.

Those questions include why the United States must play the role of world policeman, whether NATO’s mission is obsolete, why the U.S. always pursues “regime change” when the results – in Iraq, Libya, Ukraine, Syria, etc. – are a “disaster,” and why Russia has been made into an enemy."

On the other hand there's pretty much everything else that exits his windpipe...

He speaks a lot of unpleasant truths.  Hes not an eloquent speaker.  In fact theres probably not a lot of thought happening in the few seconds before he talks.  

I agree, I would rather see a smooth talker in the oval office.

Someone like "things are going well for Americans" obama.  

20160301_obama_0.jpg

/Sarc

• Like 2

On 29/05/2016 at 11:38 PM, Halcyon Daze said:

Just because he says he can make America great again doesn't mean he can make it great again. 

Reagan promised the same thing and was a completely regressive asshole puppet.    

First thing trump would do is outlaw weed again, and prolly buy stocks in prisons while he's at it.

https://www.merryjane.com/news/want-marijuana-legalized-then-donald-trump-is-your-best-option

Just skip the commentary on all of the other worthless, dreadful and historic candidates and theres a bit about Trump on weed.  It was the googles top offering.

I dont know about Trump on weed but I venture that this proves my earlier hypothesis:  your views on this matter are tarnished by hysyerical left wing American reporting.

I dont mind hysterics, thats kind of what im doing now alienating all of my sab peers (some of you will stop posting before the US election so meh).  Accuracy is what counts.

I just can't believe a single word he says, and find him completely untrustworthy and impulsive.

By the way, I found this on that site

Trump himself-- who has never smoked weed, or taken a sip of alcohol OR COFFEE in his life-- may not necessarily be against marijuana legalization, HOWEVER Trump is expected to nominate Chris Christie for Attorney General if he wins and that prick is very on record for being super anti-weed: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/01/donald-trump-chris-christie-would-make-a-great-attorney-general. Chris Christie has said that if he were elected president he would enforce the federal ban on marijuana. He's said that people in Colorado should enjoy it while it lasts because he's gonna shut down the state-legal marijuana industries once he gets elected. http://reason.com/blog/2015/09/17/on-marijuana-christie-remains-the-republ. If marijuana legalization is important to you (as it probably is to most people reading this article), you're better off voting for a Democrat, especially Sanders. Do not-- I repeat-- DO NOT VOTE FOR DONALD TRUMP.

and this...

I have to disagree that Donald Trump would be the best option. I once heard him say at a debate that the way to end the war on drugs is to build a wall on the border to insure no drug could ever cross the border. I feel more like he would reinforce strong punishment against low level non violent drug offenders in order to continue allowing independent investors to create bigger jails. Putting more money into an already well oiled system. With Trumps endorsement of Governor Chris Christie, and a possible seat for Mr. Christie in the White House come November, it seems to me that would put a substantial halt to any of the progress being made by states today. I live in New Jersey where Chris Christie makes it impossible for anyone to seek treatment using marijuana. Medicinal or Otherwise. Trump has yet to say anything in any debate that I have seen thus far that would allow me to believe he would fight for Marijuana as strong as he fights for a wall to segregate our nation! #FeeltheBurn

Don't fall for his sales pitch man, He's an empty vessel.

i briefly looked for a page where i could read donald's answer about the nuclear tried and they all break it up and make me wade through long paragraphs of spin (kind of like that video).  god the american media is awful. 

trump doesn't have a silver tongue is what i'm hearing?  at least it's him your listening to not a speech writer.  take a look at smooth talking barrack when his teleprompter dies. 

I dont mind hysterics, thats kind of what im doing now alienating all of my sab peers (some of you will stop posting before the US election so meh).  Accuracy is what counts.

Can u please elaborate on this TI- its not obvious to me

its of no consequence really, i simply meant that a hysterical speaker can be a good thing if they're hysterical AND right.  if they're hysterical and don't know what they're talking about that's what i call america's libtard mainstream media.  so who is right?  nobody can know that.  usually it won't be the person who claims to know beyond any doubt, but that's getting a bit philosophical. 

i see all of this effort to bring down trump and i think 'wow, they really want to stop this guy'.  i see it, from the other side of the divide, but its painful to watch.  take for instance the graph i posted above, those are numbers pulled straight out of bloomberg, they show that america was circling the drain when obama took office and under his presidency it continued into the sewers.  i could forgive poor performance, but in his state of the union he gave a bullshit account of economic successes and when critics took issue he called them peddlers of fiction (a stark hypocrisy).  here is my point:  the graph i posted was retweeted by donald trump so the washington post wrote a long diatribe dissecting the information on display.

in other words, they used a whole lot of words to explain why numbers are misleading?  numbers which in some cases are already revised by the government to appear less terrifying.  thats the libtard media for you, explaining their way around numbers. 

this kind of wild emotional ploy is like fingernails on chalkboard but so much of the news i read (and appreciate) is emotional, strained, alarming.... apocalyptic almost.

black clouds on the horizon folks

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

On 30/05/2016 at 6:06 PM, DiscoStu said:

Cjcx16dXEAI88yA.jpg

seeing as we're in a us politics thread, let's all laugh at hillary clinton some more

You expect me to believe this guy is with hitlery when he is so clearly feeling the Bern!

Bahaha

Sadly I must report that the image is a fake, he wasn't part of clinton's campaign.

In other news, Donald Trump.

• Like 1

Its 3 minutes to midnight .I reckon if Drumphf gets  in it will be 1 minute to midnight