The Corroboree
niggles

Donating for SAB costs

all transactions need to have a current address and as many people don't update their paypal address i guess it needs to ask separately. As i said before, feel free to write anything made up in there as it will not affect the transaction and I don't need the address.

• Like 2

I've noticed some generous donations going on in the donations box :) . Thanks to all that are able to contribute. We all benefit from it hey. :) 

Pity we can't get that donation bar to work cumulatively.  

How are the donations going Torsten, are we getting close to the target? Or  half  way at least? 

Pity we can't get that donation bar to work cumulatively.  

Think about it mate, as donations reached the goal, they'd taper off to nada.....by not showing the cumulative total, they can go on ad infinitum...... :)

6 minutes ago, zelly said:

Think about it mate, as donations reached the goal, they'd taper off to nada.....by not showing the cumulative total, they can go on ad infinitum...... :)

I think if we see the bar getting close to the goal, we might donate again (well, speaking for myself) just to see the target reached.

Torsten has been paying for server fees since the creation of the forum, and  even now is  only asking for donations for  part of the fees ( i cant find his post where he mentions server costs) . Not to mention the  time and effort he puts in to keeping the Forum running for us  :). I think its a pretty good deal, lol. Lucky he's not charging back fees with interest  . :wink:.

• Like 2

Ah, this thread has answered my curiosity about the false reading on the donation bar.

As long as donations are still coming in.

It looked like nobody had interest, and what money going in was being absorbed by fees and charges.

On 5/25/2016 at 5:44 PM, Horus said:

Ah, this thread has answered my curiosity about the false reading on the donation bar.

As long as donations are still coming in.

It looked like nobody had interest, and what money going in was being absorbed by fees and charges.

I was thinking the same thing.   I was scratching my chin wondering what to do next?  

At some point when I'm not so busy I will auction some plants off. 

• Like 1

Bake(d) sale? :lol:

Can I post you some coin to the nursery ?

Love the new site setup so shinny so chrome

• Like 1

Spec for something great.  Never thought id see something as shine as this.

(its mad max reference night tonight. Thanks atom thanks red)

Edited by ThunderIdeal
Explanation
  • Like 2

What's the running total right now? I'm considering auctioning some plants in the USA to help raise funds and would like to have an idea of how much money to raise, and in turn, how many cuttings to make.

Thank ya,

Hcc

• Like 1

What's the cumulative total of donations so far? My page says $103 of $3000

The total 4 days ago [the last time i added them all up manually] was $1240, which is awesome!

The next upgrade will fix the donations counter apparently. Hopefully in the next few days.

• Like 9

I couldn't add a comment through paypal, so thought I'd add here how often my google search top results point back to these forums - often 10 years old and more. So yeah, just a reminder at how important it is to have access to all the old as well as the new. thanks! :wink:

• Like 2

Seed & Plant Sales

All transactions involving cash must be posted here.

Hey T, how about adding a statement along the lines of "!0% commission (donation) for server costs per sale greatly encouraged & appreciated" Doesn't 3rd party private sales cut into your Store sales?

• Like 1

On 4 June 2016 at 1:31 PM, Torsten said:

The total 4 days ago [the last time i added them all up manually] was $1240, which is awesome!

The next upgrade will fix the donations counter apparently. Hopefully in the next few days.

Hey Torsten , how's the donations going? When the target is reached, I'd like to start another fundraiser for a worthy cause :) 

Didn't know where to put it, but I just donated to the server cost. Etherealdrifter sent me a nice package for free on the account I donated as payment. Thanks etherealdrifter and thanks to SAB for having this great forum. Peace

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the donations. I haven't added them up recently, but will hopefully get around to the upgrade soon which will do it automatically.
I think the target is reachable and I've made some changes that will save some costs, so next year will be easier.

Only around $220 to go to reach the annual goal. If you wanted to contribute to the upkeep of the forum but have not yet got around to donating, now is your time. The year is nearly finished and we are is the spirit of giving.

Merry Christmas folks of the SAB Corroboree!

• Like 2

After a good number of years im getting back into some old hobbies. This site really help out with loads of information back in the day, that is to say the people as well. Best way to say thank you is the finish off the donation thats left. A small thank you from me. Im sure people will have information l need yet again years later.

Edited by Drake1337
  • Like 8

2016 Goal has been met ... and more! Thank you all for contributing. I'll reset the counter shortly so we can keep on track for 2017.

• Like 7

was just gunna say reset the bar, sounds like it will happen when ready

done :)

is the old bug back?  looks like the total is exactly 10% of what it was prior to your reset (ie. it's $311.11 on mine down from $3111.11)

nope. The $311.11 is the amount I set as already contributed to this year. i thought the 2016 goal was overshot by 311.11. Or was it only 111.11? Does anyone remember? I've already deleted it and don't feel like adding up each amount.

I really shouldn't do stuff like that just before bed time.

I am pretty sure it was overshot by $111.  I was  waiting for someone else to chime in with this to persuade my memory into thinking it's right, lol.