The Corroboree
Torsten

Changes to how you log in

IPB has changed the way you log into the forums. Currently you have both a display name and a log in name. The new version will only have one of these. I have been given a choice to select which one and feel it should be the display name so that we all still recognise each other. Also, many members probably don't want their log in name to become public.

So, in the next few days sometime we will be upgrading and once this is done you will only be able to log in with your display name. If you don't remember your display name just look for one of your posts and copy it from there.

• Like 1

Sorry Torsten. I'm a little confused. I log in with a username (log in name) , but it's not my forum name. Also, I look at one of my posts and don't see my display name, well, I do , I see 'Amazonian' , but that's too obvious, lol. Not sure how this is going to effect my logging in, but I'm worried I'll be locked out again. Lol. :) . So will my log in be automatically changed to my display name , or ?

If every one else gets Torstens post, then I am using the excuse that I am very tired from a long work day, lol. :wink:

Hey Amz,  think it means that you will have to log in using "Amazonian" as your login name (that's the name we see on your posts) and whatever password you usually use.

I guess my display name and login name are the same and I didn't even know they could be different. Is it because people have changed their display name? So their log in name until now has been their original display name they signed up with?

Edited by Alice
  • Like 1

i think there was a period there where you signed up with a username and a different display name. I know my username has never been my display name 

Hey Amz, think it means that you will have to log in using "Amazonian" as your login name (that's the name we see on your posts) and whatever password you usually use.

I guess my display name and login name are the same and I didn't even know they could be different. Is it because people have changed their display name?

When Torsten said if you've forgotten your display name, just look at one if your posts, that's what threw me, because it would be funny if anyone forgot their display name?! Lol. (There can't be anyone more blonde than me :P ) edit: I thought there may be a name that is only visible to the poster, you know, like the warning point thing.

I have never changed my SAB name hey, but have a different log in name. That is what concerns me, because if it doesn't automatically change to Amazonian, then I won't be able to log in.

Thanks for your explaination Alice :)

Edited by Amazonian

You're making this more complicated than it is ;)

Yes, in future [after the change] you will be logging in with 'Amazonian'.

There are some people with really complicated display names [eg arrays of symbols] who will probably have some issue remembering all of them, hence my suggestion to look at posts rather than flooding the FB page with panicked requests ;)

• Like 2

i think there was a period there where you signed up with a username and a different display name. I know my username has never been my display name 

yep, that period was about the last 8 years. And it ends this week. No more username, just the display name.

You're making this more complicated than it is ;)

Haha, you know me Torsten :)

Thanks for clearing that up. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be excluded from the SAB club, lol.

• Like 1

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be excluded from the SAB club, lol.

Never!

• Like 4

Thanks for the heads up ,

my display name will more than likely / defo need copying and pasting from a thread lol ...

i dnno how to type that straight off that's for sure ... took quite some years to collect and structure the symbols ...

Is it possible to request the addition of the φ to the end of my display name or has the character limit been reached/breached?

it got clipped off like a wing mirror on my way in the very first time i signed up ...

in fact .. I might have already asked that and forgotten , but if i have ... i guess the answer last time must've been no lol

so , no wuckers if not ;)

Aaarrrgggghhhhh, its all blue

i know nothing bout the ins and outs of forum set ups

no doubt it woulda taken a lot of work and effort to coordinate this and make it all happen

thank you to all those involved

• Like 2

I logged in with my display name, it wasn't complicated at all, dunno what you were all worried about :rolleyes:. Soo...I'm still in the SAB club, it'll take more than a forum upgrade to get rid of me :wink::P

• Like 5

I love the activity streams thing, this will kick ass once im used to it. 

• Like 1

sorting forums by views or replies :lol:

maybe this was a thing before the update but I didn't know how.

I logged in with my display name, it wasn't complicated at all, dunno what you were all worried about :rolleyes:. Soo...I'm still in the SAB club, it'll take more than a forum upgrade to get rid of me :wink::P

I had ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯...  in mind when i wrote that [and turns out i was right, LOL]

• Like 3