The Corroboree
mystical oyster

I am selling some rare cacti on ebay

Hi, I am putting gardening on hold for a while to study down south, i can't look after my plants, and money is becoming a real issue.. I leave in a week to start studying and am wigging out a bit..

I recently returned from down south and scale took over many of my plants, its real hard to remove it from some crested plants, can someone recommend a good scale killer? i have removed most of it but i am afraid it will come back, and i am running out of time..

anyway here is the first plant listed, i will add more and update here when i do.. this plant didn't get affected from the scale so bad..

It is my red form myrtillo crest that has been posted around the site...

one of my favorites!

thanks

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-CACTI-M-Geometrizans-Red-Form-Crested-only-1-in-AUS-no-trichocereus-/191787997536?

This is my TBMC mother, anyone who has a piece of it well it came from this plant, its not very pretty but it is established on its own roots and actively growing new growth. Its the last of my tbmc so when i get back into collecting it will no doubt be a mission trying to get it again.. :(

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/-/191789457198?

Lophocereus schotti var. monstruosa

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/-/191789690977?

T. Pachanoi crest, unfortunately this plant got moved to a new location a little while back and got left in the full sun all day after coming from a shaded area... Got seriously sunburnt but has healed and is now growing again.. great genetics either way..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/-/191789724167?

Edited by mystical oyster
  • Like 2

If you can keep them out of the sun for 3-7days then the best thing I find is to give them a bath in Neem.

I'd love that crest!! Will be keeping an eye on the auction

Geez MO. Starting at 99 cents??? Can't you set a higher reserve price? I know you'll get a few bids but just to cover your ass?

thanks visceral, i usually use a tooth brush and some rubbing alcohol or a bit of soap, just a mongrel when they get into hard to reach cresty spots.. and I'm super busy trying to organize everything before i leave in a week, and I'm working and its just to stressful haha...

Cubism i thought about reserving at 50 but i figure it will get there anyway, only put 5 days on it.. hopefully it goes alright

• Like 1

there is no way cactus collectors will lets this rarity go for less then $50 :)

Beautiful plant MO

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip max, appreciate it! last thing i need is to damage all my plants right now!

Updated the main post with another plant, cheers

Ive been spraying white oil (to control scale), its working, but its also stripping the blue pigment which i think is a wax layer off the cactus

• Like 1

yes I will second that^ white oil will strip the blue straight off.

I cant post links but if you google corona cactus there is a very good article about the blue layer. someone posted it on here a while ago.

Edited by pinegapcontrol
  • Like 1

glaucous powder coating on cacti and succulents is damaged by the oil in human hands so it would no doubt be removed by pure neem oil...

• Like 1

best bet is to just wash it off with a toothbrush and some soapy water you think??

i feel pretty bad, I'm just flat out busy i don't get much of a chance to do to much, i did put a note on ebay regarding the scale, i just hope i don't bring bugs to an otherwise bugless garden :/

gave them all a second wash with soapy water and they seem to be fine.. should be ok..