The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2XB

wanted, Ilex guayusa

Pls pm if you have any Ilex Guayusa plants or cutting available for sale or trade.

Thanks!

U def got Ilex guayusa dood?

If so would love a cutting - have much to trade or happy to pay some $$..

peace

Yeah doodle keen :-) will pm in a couple hours

Yeh that's what I received it as. Give me a little bit and I shall post a photo up. Toast just visited me actually and commented my leaves are larger than his so maybe it's something else. But it was received from a reputable member

from piccies the leaves should be a lot larger, either way I am keen to root some cuttings! My small trees of Ilex paraguayensis have very small leaves in comparison

It appears to be at my friends in his greenhouse sorry, pic could take a few days and a possible reminder lol

Edit I hope I'm not mistaking it for another plant either. I had finally got a cutting about 2 years ago (maybe a lot less) from ef but couldn't care for it so moved it to a mates Along my my Iboga and a few others. The boga is still going I heard but haven't visited since dec which is bad it's only 15mins away lol

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

what plant did toast comment on? Ilex paraguariensis?

Edited by doublebenno

Yeh that's what I received it as. Give me a little bit and I shall post a photo up. Toast just visited me actually and commented my leaves are larger than his so maybe it's something else. But it was received from a reputable member

So it was Ilex paraguariensis that I saw?

I didn't realise you also grow I. guayusa. That is a is much really cool plant, the tea is much stronger than Yerba Mate. As well as caffeine, it contains theobromine and L-theanine, also present in green tea, which buffers the side effects of the caffeine and makes for a smoother stimulation.

The plants is quite rare outside of Sth America as it doesn't strike well from cuts, from my understanding

Good score d00d. Good thing you didn't show me the I. guayusa yesterday, I might of tried to touch myself in front of it :devil: :P

Great catching up though mate :worship:

Edited by toast

I would like to hear if anyone knows for certain if this plant exists in Australia.

It would be awesome if you could confirm what u have stored at your mates dood :-)

It does appear to be mainly propgated by cuttings as the trees rarely set viable seed, although it does seem possible to grow from seed.

I would love to grow this along side mate, it doesn't seem very likely though.. .

Edited by doublebenno

Bummer. Add it to the list right next to Diplopterys cabrerana.