The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Strontium Dawg

A rainy day stroll in Glaukus' garden

Beautiful, looks like a nice intimate space, peacefully surrounded by wonderful plants. Did you have those grafts on a table in a tray and they still got munched? Maybe you need some of bogs sacrificial anodes around the base of your graft table.

• Like 1

Yeah! I hedge my bets, I keep some grafts in a fishtank like that superkabuto but some live out in the open. I guess mice were having a christmas party.

Thanks for sharing G! I haven't seen my garden for a few days either, makes for a nice surprise when you venture out again :)

• Like 1

Very nice garden mate, that macrogonus is a looker!

• Like 1

She pumps out basal pups like nobody's business too. I'll have a couple up for grabs soon.

• Like 1

Very nice. Healthy looking plants. Nice mix, thanks for the peek.

• Like 1

Fantastic Glaukus, great garden! Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

It's always good to see an ethno garden before it takes over the whole backyard. Yours was especially good because it's so well kept and orderly.

I'm just wondering what the issue is with that simplicifolia, mine always seem to be fairly hardy vigorous beasts. Everything else looks luscious and really healthy, so you'd expect the Acacia to do well too.

That being said, they are a tropical plant that thrives in warm weather, so maybe it's just waiting for summer to kick in so it can get its bearings and put down some good feeder roots.

I don't know what you're feeding the plants with but sometimes with organic ferts boron deficiencies can cause stunted growth in simplicifolia, many organic ferts are almost devoid of boron - even if you add seasol it can still be locked up & unavailable because of the microbial balance of the soil/rootzone. It's not uncommon when people use powerfeed.

Simplicifolia is very salt tolerant so sometimes a dose of chemical ferts containing boron could help to get it moving until it gets its roots into the subsoil.

Edited by Sally

Good advice there sally.

Funny you mention how orderly things look...if only you could have seen it a few months ago...

One of the unintended benefits of being temporarily unemployed is that I've had plenty of time to spend in the garden! I thought I'd better get some photos before it degenerates again!

Great pics and garden.

Love the pic of the the macro, colours are so rich :)

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1