The Corroboree
pinegapcontrol

Post your word of the moment

"Notionally Accurate"

WTF does this even mean?

• Like 1

umm looks to me as if it's a sideskirting technique perhaps ? I may be wrong since not knowing the context from whence it arose..

maybe "they" couldn't use 'ideally' perhaps since it was too close to revealing "their" intented or preferred outcome?

but also notion is idea and not ideal so .. perhaps it is ideally but using the shield of another word kinda thing?

they would like it to be accurate? or it's only accurate in idea?

anyhow better come up with a word for the moment so :

Love :)

Notional:

2. not evident in reality; hypothetical or imaginary: a notional tax credit

3. characteristic of a notion or concept, esp. in being speculative or imaginary; abstract

"Notionally Accurate" - so basically not accurate?

• Like 1

hmmm starting to appreciate the value of just pure and unadulterated accuracy even more , thanks man .. if only that kinda stuff prevailed in the uk! perhaps it's contraband..

but what if notion was someone's (to you) idea of an actual event (that to them they saw with their own eyes) that they couldn't prove and fumbled their replay of events to you? - always the risk of being swerved there tho but depends on your trust of source maybe

18 minutes ago, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

but what if notion was someone's (to you) idea of an actual event (that to them they saw with their own eyes) that they couldn't prove and fumbled their replay of events to you? - always the risk of being swerved there tho but depends on your trust of source maybe

it would depend what the story is. "I went and got a great sadwidtch from this deli around the corner" kind of true vs "when i got a sandwitch I saw donald trump lying naked on the sidewalk while a midget was shoving hamsters up his arse through a tube and a 6ft bearded lady was pissing into his mouth". i'd say the latter is a kind of "notional accuracy".

• Like 1

Moist, I might be a sick fuck, but I find the sound of this word incredibly erotic, no matter the context.

Come on say it with me, MOIST!

• Like 1

manifestation 

• Like 1

tepezcohuite

... as in .. today I used a face mask I made over the last few days with Tepezcohuite powder, Argania spinosa oil, Theobroma cacao butter and oil, Persea gratissima oil, D-limonene, Arveena and Agua de Kananga.

Daniel