The Corroboree
wert

new years eve 2015. whats on your mind.

Had the best sex of my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so that must mean that this year is going to

AWESOME

• Like 5

go big red!!!

stonewolf my hearts still beating. I'm my own dr sometimes..

tea was great.

drank to much beer. fell over hurt my knee. happy new year friends!

• Like 1

nobody listens to techno

please elaborate stu?

poking left side with things to test how much sensation has returned..

still coming back from paralasys by sampling new v theiodora incenses

along with a few drops of fragrant elemi oil ;3

.... anxiously waiting on some calophylla and surinamensis incenses..

got a new cacty from postlad pat today ... a "pichu" ...

post-14443-0-46304000-1451618354_thumb.j

tryna keep quiet so as not to wake the kids ... ,

even paused the washing to allow the window of opportunity ..

moved all the aya seedlings from one exo terra to another ...post-14443-0-39871300-1451618218_thumb.j - took all day even with help...

got a nice phat loph to gift a new plant friend ....

opened an awesome Aus sabber's seed pack that arrived today with some sweet extras .

watching the upside down kitty fishies do their thing...

post-14443-0-38359800-1451618246_thumb.jpost-14443-0-87729700-1451618259_thumb.j

tried to find where I stashed the bloody envelopes and fine pen to write out some seeds to giveaway but all sorts of crap like oxygen tanks and kids bikes /skates/sly dumping ground are blocking the way of the bottomless cupboard ...

and i think the pen must've got hoovered up or something ...

hoping you guys are all good and well ....

half-attempting sleep, though pretty futile ... half-watching vids on civil wars and all the great modern international "issues" , whilst simultaneously listening to bolivian folk music in between random bursts of dubstep and metal ...

and catching the odd bit of ant food that dares fly in my window...

feeling fresh from the last court fight on the solstice where i fkn slew balls ... against the big bad wolf who's intent on taking them self down with their ass

2015-12-30 21.06.54.jpg

2015-12-30 22.08.46.jpg

2015-12-30 22.09.09.jpg

Trichocereus BK08612.4 'PICHU' (2).jpg

2015-12-30 21.06.54.jpg

2015-12-30 22.08.46.jpg

2015-12-30 22.09.09.jpg

Trichocereus BK08612.4 'PICHU' (2).jpg

• Like 3

grey at 25 and 28 you lucky things .. try age 16 : / .. must be all the fkn pommie barstedz i have to deal with lollol x]

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

please elaborate stu?

78036f94aa94beb2cdceebfbff3cb2aac7b648fd

• Like 3

Had the best sex of my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-11808-0-25640700-1451660633_thumb.j

post-11808-0-25640700-1451660633_thumb.jpeg

post-11808-0-25640700-1451660633_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I always wondered about that. you crazy bogans have xmas and new years eve in the summer, warm and all? Very hard to imagine

• Like 3

yeah.. to be honest it's pretty stupid, right in the middle of summer when we should be busy getting on with all the great & important things that the summer time entails, the whole world goes psychotic & more or less shuts down in the chaotic lead up to christmas/new year.

theres something about that consumeristic chaos in the stinking heat of summer that really brings home just how fucked our situation is on this planet. Y'know, the whole rampant consumerism causing life threatening climate change & you're stuck in traffic in 40 degreeC heat choking on the exhaust fumes of millions of people all rushing psychotically to buy tons of useless plastic garbage.. Just really brings it home. Never fails to depress me every christmas..

& don't get me started about all the mongs celebrating Halloween in australia. An ancient ritual to usher in the winter as the days get shorter & the world begins to shut down.

Here its' the opposite.. the days are getting longer & new life is bursting out of it's dormancy all around us.. & here are millions of mongs dressing up as ghouls & celebrating death.. i know i'm a cynical fuck but do people really not stop for five seconds to ponder why they are doing the mindless shit they do?

i mean i really don't enjoy being a grumpy tool about these things but it seems to me this total discombobulation is somewhere near the core of many of our serious problems as a culture.. it's hard being a plant person who inherently lives their life based on natures processes & cycles here in the southern hemisphere when all our cultural rituals (which almost all have their roots in natural cycles & events) & we're living the exact opposite of whats actually occurring around us on the planet.

it's so glaringly retarded if you stop & think about it for a moment.. considering theres a good chance my own children's (& countless generations to come) lives may be cut short or severely compromised because of this cultures profound ignorance it's enough to drive a person close to total insanity.. that or just a total acceptance of the hilariousness of our dark & tragic existence..

am i taking this all too seriously?

• Like 6

heh

its strange, because its a northern hemishere shit

like I have said before, its like australia has inherited some of USA retardedness :)

btw

it seems I am getting some negative vibes from some sabbers,

because I have in the past said anti-american shit

I will say anti greek things any day any time

and well, the retardedness of nationalistic fanatism has no country

setting modern capitalist and mostly usa-oriented consumerism mentality stuff aside

essentially x-mas in the religious sense

was invented to fight the largest celebration in the northern hemishere before fucking christianity

and it was a Sun god which was worshipped.

more and more I sense that modern takes on religion a la monotheism were the most ancient means of mass homo control.

and in the broader homo sense that we all are, I dont exclude the denisovan, neanderthal, and possibly erectus gene.

may we have a fabulous and full of intrigue and adventure year!

PS: paradox you are not taking it too seriously.... its the essence of philosophy when you just fucken wonder: "WTF am I doing here?"

luv u man cheers

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 4

it is strange... but it really isn't too. 'Australia' is an english colony that is not much more than 200 years old. For the most part, mainstream australian culture is colonial, inheriting the northern hemisphere culture of the colonizers. It's extremely unrealistic to expect that in just a few generations this culture would develop a rich set of cultural practices based on southern hemisphere astronomical & climatological realities, seeing as this culture is inherently deeply disconnected from the complex realities of nature itself.

but thats just the thing, the glaring ridiculousness of our schizophrenic cultural discombobulation with nature just brings home over & over again just how deeply disconnected from 'reality' we are as a culture & that is extremely sad & in my opinion is at the core of some of our most profound problems on the planet & the fact that im hard strapped to find someone who is even willing to discuss this with me is just a bit worrying.

the obvious & common response to this type of topic is: why am i being so negative? why don't i just focus on the good things, like spending time with family over christmas etc.. which i agree with.. i think it's great that over the festive times i get to see more people than usual because most people make more of an effort.. it's great.. but that also just brings home just how fucked our culture must be that we need a schizophrenic out dated cultural practice in order to spend time with people we love?

this may sound negative but that is extremely fucking sad.. life is so damn short! & people require the entire world to shut down & everyone in the entire world to do the same thing on the same day in order for them to find time to see their family & friends.. Nuts

Same goes for new years in my opinion.. life will be over in a blink of an eye.. if you need an excuse (like a set of arbitrary numbers which were decided by a 14th century pope) to have a good party then you're simply doing it wrong. Life i mean.

• Like 4

How can a meaningless ritual have its meaning reversed? Christmas is pagan or christian or both and australians are neither. We're easy-going yobbos born into riches. I agree our culture is skewed but i cant blame it on shallow rituals. The misuse of a ritual only proves it is misunderstood or out of place, and if it weren't then what is the point in staging a play that everyone knows back to front?

I dont know.

Nye is a time most workers take plenty of leave. It follows a celebration of consumerism and hedonism. The noise will keep you awake anyway so the planets align for everyone to have a simultaneous shared fake orgasm together and co-foster the delusion that things will be better this time.

Im not really a jaded old cunt, but i am. Clearly we both are.

As far as our global civilisation goes, i think we've crested the wave. Is that the right term? Now is the great contraction, we've puffed ourselves up and built ourselves up and talked ourselves up and you know what happens when somebody like that gets poked in the belly.

• Like 1

Maybe it was the last great collective fake orgasm. Thats a nice thought. From now on things will get real in a bad way, which is exactly what we need.

• Like 1

i'm not blaming our problems on shallow rituals. i'm saying the shallow rituals are simply indications of a clear disconnection from reality which is at the core of many of our problems.

i'm not sure what you mean when you say 'reversed.' what i'm saying is that natural global cycles in the northern hemisphere are the opposite in the southern hemisphere. so if a cultural ritual which is based on natural cycles in the northern hemisphere is applied at the same date & time in the southern hemisphere it makes no real sense because in the southern hemisphere you will be experiencing the exact opposite end of that cycle so therefore you can't help but feel silly if you are someone to whom natures cycles are a big part of daily life.

i'm jaded about many aspects of our culture, naturally. I don't consider myself a 'jaded person'

my point about NYE was also taking a stab at just how fucked up most peoples working lives are.. considering just how short & deeply incredible the mystery of life is(etc), disregarding the minority who have a very fulfilling & enjoyable working life, taking just a few weeks off each year from your shitty soul wrecking job is an extremely sad way to live. i won't go on about it.. there aren't many people who enjoy this conversation..

• Like 1

Maybe it was the last great collective fake orgasm. Thats a nice thought. From now on things will get real in a bad way, which is exactly what we need.

You have a way with words TI, you make it sound like an orgy at the palace in Pompeii when Vesuvius blew its load.

I've never been into the work consume die mentality but I don't like to dwell on things I can't change.

I'm prone to bouts of cynicism myself but for the most part I don't let the bogan consumerist culture get to me. Life is too short.

You guys just need some disco funk.

We were born to be alive

• Like 5

Yeah who'd wanna work all the time? Alas im not sure to what degree life is meant to be enjoyed. The capacity to enjoy seems linked to the capacity to suffer, so, whatever. Anyway if i put you on the defensive that wasnt my intention, i didnt mean to seem contrary but you asked (kinda) for someone to engage you on this. Reverse meaning, opposite season.. precisely... but for australians, a winter solstice christmas would be equally irrelevant i suspect.

It falsely appears as though peak oil is yet to come. I think the truth is we've passed peak everything. Economic growth is finished for now. Merry giftmas to all! And to all a happy global recession.

You have a way with words TI, you make it sound like an orgy at the palace in Pompeii when Vesuvius blew its load.

Oh,thats good. I like that.

Yeah. Dont stop.

Ten, nine, eight...

it's cool, it just seemed like you didn't understand what i meant.

sally you make some good points but i'd say you can totally change it, one hundred percent, if it matters to you enough to do it. i won't start quoting cliches at you but you really can still make a good living without entirely buying into the 9-5 reality with a bit of creativity, a tiny bit of intelligence & a reconsideration of priorities..

failing that, i guess disco funk is the next best remedy!

TI i'd say life is all about being enjoyed. you can also enjoy feeling shitty you know.. why do you think i bother writing these rants.. cause at least some part of me is enjoying feeling shitty about how messed up certain things seem to me in my head..

I get your point of course but it really is a lame justification for spending your whole life working yourself into the ground doing something you don't enjoy ;) misery will come whether you enjoy how you're making a living or not, may as well be true to what the deepest part of yourself feels is right.. If it feels right to work a shitty job five days a week then by all means.. But don't let anyone have you believe you aren't smart enough to live life at least in large part how you feel it's best to live it & still pay your bills.

& yeah man i do appreciate you making the effort to give your couple of cents (edit: but when i said: it's a bit worrying that no one wants to discuss this with me, i don't mean on these forums i just mean ever in life at all.. dissing christmas is deeply taboo in our culture it would seem)

Edited by paradox

sally you make some good points but i'd say you can totally change it, one hundred percent, if it matters to you enough to do it. i won't start quoting cliches at you but you really can still make a good living without entirely buying into the 9-5 reality with a bit of creativity, a tiny bit of intelligence & a reconsideration of priorities..

I haven't been into the 9-5 trip for almost twenty years and I do OK. If I had a tiny bit of intelligence I'd probably do a lot better :wink:

As I said I'm prone to bouts of cynicism at times but for me that's a good thing as it's a form of acceptance and a step or two beyond denial. You have to accept something you don't like before you go into the cynical phase and then hopefully move on to taking steps to actively change what you don't like.

In the mean time there's always disco funk preferably combined acid.

• Like 3

According to my inherited 'murrcan behaviours it is customary to hoot and holler because something something new years murrca pick a reason

*hoots and hollers*

Christmas is pagan or christian or both and australians are neither. We're easy-going yobbos born into riches.

you should speak for yourself. I'm a celtic warrior who's ancestors, after centuries of brutal oppression at the hands of the same civilization that colonized this land & brutally oppressed it's people, were politically enslaved by those colonizers & exiled to this continent & viciously forced to build this backward country. The only riches i have ever had is the land under my feet that was stolen from a slaughtered people, precisely the same way the land was stolen from my brutalized ancestors. I'm extremely, profoundly lucky & unspeakably grateful for what i have but i'm not easy going, i'm fucking pissed off. To not be would be hypocrisy beyond the deepest knowledge of my heart & mind, no matter the degree to which i might personally benefit as the result of this demented circumstance. All one can do is be honest to the best of ones ability, even in the face of ones own short shortsightedness & stupidity.

This isn't cynicism, it's honesty. I have the privilege of reasonably fair skin which means if i choose to i can with some relatively mediocre effort, blend into the mainstream & claim my scraps of the carcass as Phaemons Dog. For better or worse the only part of me i deem worth paying attention to won't really allow that. So instead i stake my claim on the fruitful manifestations of my own soul & speak as honestly as possible about what i see in front of me for better or for worse.

• Like 2

... that & occasionally have a whingey bitch on the internet

• Like 1