The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wert

wrong forums but anyway: ebay help.

ok so I know I could ask this elsewhere but why not here.

people are friendly and helpful here I find so here goes...

when we make ebay purchases we use an account my partner has. I don't have or need one, at least yet.

anyway so we use partners account. now I do searches on my phone and find stuff then just text her the link she opens it in her account and proceeds with the purchase.

thats been the case up until today when three of the links I've sent her don't open in her account, her account finds no listing?

so what I did was type in in her account (seller:suchnsuch) and the product could then be found.

now heres were it gets interesting one of the products is a t shirt I'm after... the seller lists over 500,000 listings. wtf do I have to go through all of these to find the one shirt I'm after or is there a way to search the seller name at the sametime as the item in question????

something like (seller:suchnsuch/item:suchnsuch)

does anyone have any idea if it can be done let alone wtf I'm talking about cause I'm pretty average at explaining myself obviously.

thanks in advance freinds.

be happy.

wert.

If you find the seller and choose 'see other items' the search bar will search that seller.

Alternately, if you cant find the seller you can simplify the url so you can type it in. For instance:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80-Strips-PH-Range-0-5-5-0-Alkaline-PH-Test-Indicator-Papers-Lab-Supplies-T1K-/141092203918?hash=item20d9c02d8e:g:RkcAAOxyjNlRzafP
is the same as

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141092203918
basically the url doesnt need the auction name or the junk at the end, just /itm/ and the auction code number, so you can just jot that number down.

Auxin thanks for the quick reply.

ok so I may not have explained myself clear enough.

I use my phone to find the listing.

text it to her phone to retrieve.

her account remains open on her phone.

she can't locate the item listing.

she does not want to have to re-open her account just locate the item and purchase. if that makes more sense?

I think its that time of the month witch isn't helping our situation I'm being called all sorts of things and being told to get f'd ect.

your responce was well worth a mention though.

• Like 1

Hey wert, get yourself an account and use your Mrs PayPal ;-)

yeah thats what ima gunna do but I ain't puttin it past her today cause she'll start throwing shit at me! lol.

• Like 1

Hey Wert,

Not sure what's going on with that, maybe the listing got pulled? Weird that it happened a few times. You can search for past listings but if the seller removed it, I'm not sure that it will come up as a past listing.

Like Auxin said, it's best to note the eBay item number. That is unique to each listing, and you (or the Mrs) can just chuck that number in the eBay search bar and away you go. Doesn't help much now for the items you saw though does it.

Good luck, hope you find them.

How are you sending the link ?

If use use save page as & then save the whole page, it would be saved to a folder on your phone and the hyperlink will lead there. So it will look like ebay but it's really on your phone and it will be meaningless to another phone.

Get both phones together and send a link to her & check to see if the link she gets is the same as the ebay URL you are seeing.

yes sally the links are the same.

I used her phone and done a search within her account and found two of the listings. the third has me baffled as I can locate it on my phone but not hers?

she got the ebay app... I don't, maybe theres something she's missing because of the app? I don't know.

but... I found the t shirt pretty easily on her phone just searching... didn't have to look at 500,000 differant prints to find it.lol

thanks guys.

btw sally I send her the link... it's right but it won't open up in her account while it's open. she needs to use the link then sign into her account. thats what we were trying to work around.

anyway some usefull info here now and I learnt somethings new so all good.

thanks again friends.

be happy.

wert

Maybe it's something to do with an ebay cookie or LSO stored on her phone.

Edited by Sally

ok so can you disable cookies in the app? its an iphone.

and excuse my ignorance sally but wtf is an LSO?

An LSO is a super cookie wert. They can re-generate normal cookies that have been deleted and do a few other nasty things. It's unlikely that an LSO would cause the problem you have though, but it does seem to be something related to ebay cookies on the phone or stored search data on the ebay server.

Edit : I missed that question about disabling cookies. You can clear them from your browser and clear the cache, but you'll loose all your login data like user names etc and data websites have stored on your phone. Which can be a pain in the arse if you forget a user name. If it's something to do with data stored on the ebay server it won't even help.

This explains how to clear cookies on iphone.

http://www.accessc.com/articles/clear-history-cookies-cache-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch.html

Edited by Sally

Is it possible you have been browsing ebay.com and your mrs ebay.com.au? Perhaps if she is signed in and opens an americal url it might try to redirect her. I know some items are not listed on both even if you select worldwide.

HY I think your spot on the money there mate.