The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Kitesurfer

Large Variegated TBMC for sale, possibly only one in Australia

By growing bridge seed and having a variegated monstrose seedling is one way to get tbm from seed.. i doubt it is seed grown..

What makes the macro a chimera is what im wondering?

Nice plants mate!

• Like 1

that peru is trippy to look at.

• Like 1

the peru is sexy but the 100 postage puts me off

id like to see the whole pasacana plant if possible

the variegated pups are choice, id like to see this whole plant as well

does bap make things go yellow?

if they go in the sun will they go green

i like them all cept the penis

the tbmc grown from seed claim makes me doubt the authenticity of the other plants. call me a skeptic..... but i'll just be over here..... :bong:

• Like 4

I'm no expert but given the nature of tbm growth patterns I would likely believe this occurance of varigation... being that it is only on the tip of one penis might not be transfered to future growth as the penis has siesed growth and will pub from an aerole closer to its base. so the trait might be lost forever and in 2-3 yrs it will just be a big mess of green penises that you have to squint at to see the one stump that went yellow for a month and a half.

thats what I recon anyway.

as for it being huge? still a bub if you ask me.

but I'm sure someone out there will jump at ir. just not me.

Hey kitesurfer give us some history on these plants mate!

I usually triple graft all my rare Trichos with a Cereus Peruvianus as the rootstock as the Cereus was sourced from a 6m monster on a mates farm & it gives much faster growth than any Pach PC would.

The Peru crest was a cutting the size of a golfball last year & is over 30cm across this year. I have traded/sold a few crests on the Cereus stocks and they are all cranking in different climates round OZ as the Cereus I use is resistant to overwatering & most climates

How are people / what are they using to chemically inducing the variegation HB? I've read all the papers from Thai growers etc and keen to hear some first hand or second hand reports

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

Please tell if there are any other variegated TBMC, Variegated Macrogonus or all yellow Pasacanas here already

Isnt it Bit who has a very nice variegated TBM plant in his collection and someone i know has successfully sent at least two variegated TBM pups to Oz, far more variegated than the one in your pic.

Also a grafted all yellow Scopulicola x variegated grandiflorus has found its way to Oz.......

• Like 3

silly question I guess but do variegated plants flower or is that a missing trait also?

Isnt it Bit who has a very nice variegated TBM plant in his collection and someone i know has successfully sent at least two variegated TBM pups to Oz, far more variegated than the one in your pic.

Also a grafted all yellow Scopulicola x variegated grandiflorus has found its way to Oz.......

lotsa peeps got variegated tbm's i know of, not me yet and when i do it will be an Australian plant.

wouldn't want AQIS to find out plants are being sent into this country from OS, this would sure jeopardise our countries biosecurity.

Edited by olive

There is LOTS of varigated tbm in Aus?!? When did that happen?

Thanks! Did you germinate the tbm yourself? Did the chimera form for you? Where did u get it

I didn't germ the TBM myself & was told it was seed grown when bought, the macrogonus was a normal variegated clone that has stayed true to form on all my other grafts but the one I'm selling on ebay has more stunted growth in the variegated sections, looking like the Cereus Peruvianus graft has changed its growth

Send me a message, got some goodies you may be interested in :)

• Like 1

Send me a message, got some goodies you may be interested in :)

Do you have the Diplo?, or do I still have to move to South America

Cheers for the spikey Peru ooge graft and the variegated Peru pup Kitesurfer

Very much looking forward to them arriving.

• Like 1

Do you have the Diplo?, or do I still have to move to South America

haha Diplo, I complete forgot about that, i wish i had : ' - )