The Corroboree
sharxx101

SEQ camping trip

Jimna it is. Lets car pool 4x4s if needed. I've got one spare seat.

You think a trailer will make it up the track?

Ah well it was worth a shot hey, yeh I don't see trailers really being an issue. It's not that extreme ef I can get the 2wd lux up there. Just to make it clear it is just an opening in the bush off of a rarely travelled track. But beats camping with random people at a paid campsite. A mate and I are going to head up there and mow the area around the fire pit and dig it out again ready for Saturday. I don't know what you guys are planning on doing for sleeping, tents ie. I'm just gonna swag it. Travel light I say :)

Is there a creek or similar near by camping spot? And who is coming?

There is a creek down the hill, not too sure if it is flowing though. So far sharxx, ban man, myself and a mate, and of course you Alfa :)

fantastic. ive got 2 mates coming along also. one of them is flying in from uk and he arrives at goldcoast on the 3rd so we will be a day late :( but will be there asap straight from the airport to the forest hazzarrr!!!

change date to the 3rd so we can all meetup somewhere beforehand and convoy twood be good

• Like 1

Yeah all good for me :)

have you got a 4x4 sharxx?

just trying to work out how we can go about car pooling

i have 2 friends coming with myself and i don't have a 4x4, i suppose i can take my ute if its not been raining?

probably easier if we could get a lift with someone though

No 4x4 mate

may not be an issue, i may be able to borrow the old mans 4x4

we will just have to split fuel as it guzzles it

Edited by Schoey88

ive got 4x4 and bringing trailer. got 2 seats free if anyone is keen

• Like 1

lets make a place to meetup before we all need 4x4s then can leave 2x2s there and all pile in the big wheerlers :)

I would love to go but will need a ride any one that can give me a ride will be great as i only have my motor bike atm and cant carry much .Plus i will do a camp oven roast its a great feed any way good to see were up to something

I've got seats spare bigred. Can be about your side of town around midday. ....... free ride bro

cheers mate

Is it on private property as i can bring my rifle and we can shoot some clay pigeons

• Like 1

No boom sticks please, I don't find the sound or their presence relaxing. Feel free to bring a boomerang tho they sound awesome and get the blood going when they come back. Defs bring the camp oven or thou shall be banished into the dark forest where it is said the Yowie roams. Speaking of Yowies do you think there are ginger ones hehe.

Ok no boomsticks but you have to bring a banjo and this time at least give me a reach around .so what meat does everyone want i was thinking chicken or pork or both .

• Like 1

Mmmm tasty..... camp oven roast. I'm voting pork, but your call for sure. :)

its looking like i wont be able to take the old boys 4x4, but it shouldn't matter as long as there are some 4bies there to snatch me out on the odd chance i get stuck :P

No Red, it is actually in state forest... we aren't supposed to be there. I'm sure we can arrange another time and place to go for a shoot if your keen :wink:

The camp stove sounds like a marvelous idea though Red!!! Pork, chicken, im easy either way :)

Ban Man, would it be cool if sharxx got a lift with you? if so i think we are pretty well square with assigning people for car pooling.

My mates and i are only taking swags and bare essentials, so if need be i can throw a few things in the back for you if necessary?

I'm personally only planning to stay over night, not sure if you guys are planning on hanging around, but feel free to.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as he follows the book. Red you want me to bring me fiddle or the banjo...cant do both.

Edited by The Ban Man
  • Like 2