The Corroboree
DiscoStu

is fields closing down?

so i hear fields is donating his collection to melbourne botanic garden. does this mean he's closing his doors?

i never even went there, i feel i've missed out.

i'll never die happy now :crux:

Hey Stu, there were a lot of posts about it on Facebook yesterday. So yeah, very likely. I am still looking for pics of the Fields collection for the Database, just to remember the collection how it is/was and if anyone has pics of their plants and Trichos, please let me know!

• Like 2

Bugger. I was planning a long road trip next year and fields was high up the list of "must visit" places.

In a few years oliveton will be the new fields...

• Like 6

I went a few weeks ago and nearly everything was tagged with the number of cut's to be removed the botanical gardens have a massive job on their hand's.From one opuntia they intended to take 200 pad's.

• Like 1

I am still looking for pics of the Fields collection for the Database, just to remember the collection how it is/was and if anyone has pics of their plants and Trichos, please let me know!

I have a heap of pics :)

• Like 1

Nice! You have a whole lot of treasure on your hard drive, Rod. lol. Maybe you can make me a nice .rar or .zip on a filehoster or sth like that. :) Or via email. No matter what...I take what I can get. I want show the collection how it was, now that they are giving everything away. A lot of those plants are grown in collection and I am sure everyone would love to see the mother plants they originally came from.

Edited by Evil Genius

sorry to hear he's closing down but wow what a legacy man!

very happy to finally get some fields genetics (roseis and pach) in my latest seed spree

..and loving every sproutlet very much ..

may the gods bless you Mr Fields for the eternal joy I get from adoring pics of and reading about your super cactical ops!

• Like 1

Bump.

Anyone know when this is happening/happened?

I ll be going right past there next weekend, wondering if Im too late.