The Corroboree
Dozer

Hey! Another New Member :-)

Hello!!

Thought I should introduce myself. I live in a really small beachside town called Yamba, so there aren't too many cactus folk around unfortunately. This place is bloody awesome, some really good cactus knowledge going on. I have recently neglected my collection and want to get back into it so this seems like the right place to chat to the same kinda people.

I hope to add a load more to my collection through here, so if you have something you have on for sale let me know!

I guess I'll leave it at that. I look forward to catching up with you all :-)

• Like 6

Welcome to the forums Dozer.

Yamba's a nice spot mate :) .Has beautiful coast line and some nice National Parks around..

Went down for the Rod Run one year, have been meaning to do it again some time.

Edited by katu

Welcome Dozer, I visit Yamba several times a year for a swim, lovely place. I hope to move down your way next year, it would be cool to meet up with you some time and I'm always willing to share and trade so stay in touch. Tarenna is a great guy, a bit further south from you I think.

Anyway, the best way to get started is to read heaps and gradually make friends with people here, eventually you'll get looked after really well, so stay for the long-haul mate. Also put plenty of your time and hard-earned cash into your hobby in the early days and you'll have plenty to trade and graft onto etc.

And try and make it to a Northern NSW meet some time, and watch out for that Torsten guy, he eats noobs alive LOL.

Cheers! -HD

Edited by Halcyon Daze

It's small but a very relaxing place to live. Not even one set of street lights!

Hot Rods are coming to town next weekend from memory, the town gets packed.

A meet would be awesome. I only know one other person here in town that is interested in all this so it would be nice to meet a few more. I'll keep my eyes peeled regarding NNSW meets. Any certain time of the year or just when everyone can fit it in?

I've been meaning to make it to the SAB gardens, some day soon :)

HD; I do need to get a butt load more cuts and seeds for my collection, so hurry up and move near by!

Most people seem to be more based around city areas. Not too many seem to live (in my area anyway) rural on here.

Everyone should come for a holiday here and have a big BBQ at my place :devil:

• Like 2

Nice idea, I'm having the local bromeliad club over for a cuppa soon. Meets are a great idea but be careful who you give your address to/ invite to your house lest you have your collection stolen.