The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AbleKay

Bunnings finds. Confirmation IDs please

Question

Surprised there's no Bunnings sticky, was going to post in the eBay/gumtree thread but figured Bunnings is all nursery stuff (albeit poorly named ,-)

Anyway, don't see much in Bunnings, and the larger stuff tends to go quick so was surprised to see 100+ $5 pots today in my local today (Alexandria)

Most were well named and easily ID confirmed except for the one on the leafy and right below:

post-16957-0-89393900-1444473948_thumb.j

The 2 on the right say "Blue Torch" but I'm guessing the one on the right might be a peruvianus?

The one on the left just says "Cactus" I was kinda hoping its a Saguaro, but have never seen a baby to know?

Thanks

post-16957-0-89393900-1444473948_thumb.jpg

post-16957-0-89393900-1444473948_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

The blue torch is prolly none other than the lovely Pilosocereus azureus

texture%2Bstructures%2B(81).jpg

Nice finds :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 4

The blue torch is prolly none other than the lovely Pilosocereus azureus

Nice finds :)

Wow, cheers, here's hoping

Middle one is Myrtillocactus Geometrizans, right one Pilosocereus Azureus and the left one is probably a Haageocereus.

• Like 3

Hamiltons used to provide the goods to Bunnings (these ones aren't Hamiltons cactus). I last visited Hamiltons maybe 18 months ago and their tunnels were almost empty. They said there was some issue that meant they couldn't keep up with demand. I think this is why Hamiltons cactus at Bunnings has significantly dropped off. I hope they have sorted whatever the problem was and we start to see their plants at Bunnings again.

• Like 1

when i went to burnings the other day all they had was a bunch of those red grafted gymnocalycium. didnt see any columnar at all :(

Hamiltons used to provide the goods to Bunnings (these ones aren't Hamiltons cactus). I last visited Hamiltons maybe 18 months ago and their tunnels were almost empty. They said there was some issue that meant they couldn't keep up with demand. I think this is why Hamiltons cactus at Bunnings has significantly dropped off. I hope they have sorted whatever the problem was and we start to see their plants at Bunnings again.

I saw a small selection (less than 10 pots) of fairly mature stuff about 6-8 weeks ago in the same Bunnings from Hamiltons but not in other Bunnings nearby. This one has the largest garden area though. FYI, these adore from Paradisia http://www.collectorscorner.com.au/Cacti/Cacti%20&%20Succulents%20main.htm

Cheers