The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DiscoStu

"Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

how come i keep getting this error when trying to visit the forums? i'm behind a vpn but i was on this particular proxy yesterday and everything was fine. it's happened before several times but I never got the screen cap. it happens regardless of whether or not I'm logged in

post-13685-0-04673100-1442696657_thumb.p

correrr.png

correrr.png

Without shoving a wireshark between you and the forum I could only guess. It could be the way the vpn or the proxy handles the packet headers. Sometimes some admins block some functions like ICMP ect. and it can cause authentication problems.

Does it happen when you click on a link within the forum or for everything including the title page ?

Sometimes old links where the mods have deleted the page the link points to will cause that error too.

Edited by Sally

Clear cookies for this domain. Proxy shouldn't be an issue unless T has some blocking/filtering plugins setup. Does it show up on any other pages?

yeah i think clearing cookies did it, my browser does it every time it closes and i think i closed it or something, but it's only sab forums it happens to (but these are the only forums i'm an active member of). i'm not so much fussed as to how to fix it (it's an easy fix) but more why it happens