The Corroboree
nrivers

Looking for a cut of this terscheckii hybrid

Hoping someone has a cut of this terscheckii hybrid lying around. I have cash or a WK cutting to trade.

post-16313-0-23483800-1442532902_thumb.j

Thanks Nrivers

post-16313-0-23483800-1442532902_thumb.jpg

post-16313-0-23483800-1442532902_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Mushroom man may be able to help you out. If this pups I will certainly share it around.

Getafix

• Like 4

I am not sure of anyone else apart from Mushroomman and myself having this hybrid. He will let us know if I'm wrong.

I love this Trich

Getafix

• Like 1

I have it too. :)

There was a guy called Ben who used to sell on eBay under the name Kerstincactus, (spelling?), who sold it. He was in the riverland in SA somewhere. I don't think he owned the garden or let people go visit it.

I have a 40cm rooted tip growing and stump with 2 pups. I am thinking of grafting those pups in summer.

I have heard 2 names being given to this plant, "short spined terscheckii" and "melonii"

• Like 4

I believe it is different to Dawson's short spined terscheckii? Will keep an eye out for Kerstincactus!

I have it too. :)

There was a guy called Ben who used to sell on eBay under the name Kerstincactus, (spelling?), who sold it. He was in the riverland in SA somewhere. I don't think he owned the garden or let people go visit it.

I have a 40cm rooted tip growing and stump with 2 pups. I am thinking of grafting those pups in summer.

I have heard 2 names being given to this plant, "short spined terscheckii" and "melonii"

Ben thats the guys. Apparently the mother plant was 80 yrs old. It's a super interesting hybrid, can't wait to see it flower.

Getafix

• Like 1

Would love to see a photo of the mother plant :drool2:

• Like 1

A fair few ppl have this clone now and someone crossed it with super pedro last season. I'll post some pics of the seedlings once i sow and graft a couple in the coming weeks!

• Like 2

I was asking ben for pics of the mother plant for ages but he never ended up getting any to me.

• Like 1

I've a nice chunk with some pups i intend to graft this season.

i also got it from Kirstencactus on ebay

• Like 1

Olive, is this the plant you made your xYowie and xScopulicola crosses with?

• Like 2

Was this the mother off the terscheckii x seed you sent me Olive?

• Like 2

hello Berengar, how you doing man, that cactus you grew already from the SG seed is wicked bloke, your a master.

and that validus is stunning :drool2::drool2:B)

n yup, those seeds are from this plant

post-13829-0-98270700-1443183079_thumb.j

post-13829-0-61764300-1443183095_thumb.j

so thats the tereschekii in flower

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

• Like 1

Was this the mother off the terscheckii x seed you sent me Olive?

yupples, both yowie and the Bondi scop are x'd with this plant, and a cereus as well but i didn't use cement.

have i sent you them both mushy?

Edited by olive

Hey Olive, thanks! :) I'm good, little bummed out because the growing season here is ending.

This plant looks really great, I have a couple grafts of both crosses that are now about an inch in diameter, and are already showing a wide range of characteristics. Can't wait to see what they'll look like in a year.

Btw, that SG validus looks much better IRL than I can get on the pictures, I can easily see it becoming my favorite cactus.

• Like 2

yupples, both yowie and the Bondi scop are x'd with this plant, and a cereus as well but i didn't use cement.

have i sent you them both mushy?

You sent me the terscheckii x yowie :) did you get the seeds i sent you?

• Like 1

Berenger can you post some pics of your terscheckii x grafts? Id love to see them and also have been wondering how your escayachensis graft is looking now? I just grafted a couple the other week!

• Like 1

Sure, I'll take some pictures in a day or two and post them in the grafts thread.

And the escayachensis hasn't grown much because I had to regraft it 3 times, but is looking quite nice, I'll post some pictures of it too.

• Like 2

You sent me the terscheckii x yowie :) did you get the seeds i sent you?

when did you send them man, i don't think they are here yet, i'll need to send you some Teresex Bondi scop if you'd like them

Sent them express a couple weeks ago will find the tracking number and check where they are.

• Like 1

means i prob got them man, ,my trich seed box is soooooo full, I'm sure they are there.

look fwd to planting them :)

• Like 1

just want to confirm that i did receive the seeds from Mushroomman, and more than he said he'd send as hesa good honest bloke