The Corroboree

Okay, I am reactivating this thread with a new giveaway and grafting competition. This time it´s Trichocereus santaensis (T. huanucoensis belongs to this group of plants).

Trichocereus santaensis & Trichocereus scopulicola competition

Ten participants in this competition, I will provide some free Trichocereus santaensis and Trichocereus scopulicola seeds for grafting. All participants need to be ready to graft when the seeds arrive (in about 4 weeks) and I will pick the two best look grafts and gift their owners a free copy of my SAN PEDRO book. Members that cannot graft due to whatever reasons can participate, but it´s really a big disadvantage and if you enter please post some photos in the future. I really prefer graftings, but I won´t turn someone away who can´t graft. The purpose of the competition is also to introduce new members to the world of grafting. I am sure you´ll love it, even if you´re not very good at it. You live and learn.  
Value 88 Euro
(shipping costs of 15 Euro need to be paid though).  SAN PEDRO GROUP Final Cover.jpg

so guys, all participants get in touch with me through pm and send me your shipping addresses. The competition will run for six months and the sooner you start the better. If the participants need more time it can be prolonged, but only as a worst case scenario. To participate, make a posting here and send me a pm with your address. Worldwide of course. 

Good luck! 

58a6e1ecbe795_SANPEDROGROUPFinalCover.thumb.jpg.cdd697aed1312976e5c7cd77e2931a6e.jpg

58a6e1ecbe795_SANPEDROGROUPFinalCover.thumb.jpg.cdd697aed1312976e5c7cd77e2931a6e.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 8

Fantastic! I'm super excited for your new giveaway. I've yet to grow out any t. Santaensis but love seeing your pictures of these beauties. My warmer weather is just around the corner, time to get the grafting stock ready :lol:

• Like 1

'd love to take part in this! I already have some of your santaensis growing on grafts and have been really wanting to do more of them and the book..... this sounds to good to be true! 

cactus hand.jpg

58a707b9bab07_cactushand.thumb.jpg.d2fb615fef8ec9720dc003631de8e586.jpg

58a707b9bab07_cactushand.thumb.jpg.d2fb615fef8ec9720dc003631de8e586.jpg

• Like 1

Okay cool, just send me your shipping address and I´ll get them out to you. I am always glad when I can give something back to this community and I kept some books particularly for this case. bye Eg

• Like 2

Ooo how do I take part of this

do you take PayPal evil genius ?! 

@Alpineswift Well you don´t need to send me anything, apart from the postage for the book in case you are one of the two winners of the book. I definitely take Paypal for the shipping costs. To participate just send me your address and I´ll send you the seeds for free. The competition is mostly grafting, but if you don´t have any stocks you can just sow them out normally. It´s a big disadvantage in regards to the time though. 

Edited by Evil Genius

Id love to participate. I will pm now  EG :-)

• Like 1

Hey mate, great to have you in! :) Let me know when your copy of the book has arrived by the way. Wanna make sure you got it. 

• Like 1

Hey EG, I'm definitely keen on this if there's still a space open! Would love to graft some of those seeds and would be stoked if I won the book! 

• Like 1

Hey mate, great to have you in! :) Let me know when your copy of the book has arrived by the way. Wanna make sure you got it. 

For sure man !! Should be soon aussies have started getting them the last couple.days. well done mate :-) looking forward to the read :-)

• Like 1

Hey EG, I'm definitely keen on this if there's still a space open! Would love to graft some of those seeds and would be stoked if I won the book! 

Yes, send me your address and I´ll get them out to you. 

I think I'll jump at this and give it a try too,  if there is a spot left. I'll pm you my address 

• Like 1

Hey guys, great to see this post getting some traction. I will get in touch with everyone who sent me messages but it´ll take a few days. Got a very busy weekend at the shop, but will catch up on that asap. I´ll try to send seeds to everyone who really intends to grow them and post photos, so maybe I will send more than ten. Just make sure to post some photos later on, because T. santaensis is rare as hell and I´d love to see them grow on the long term. 

• Like 2

Counted 10 posts above, so if there's no spots left that's cool, otherwise I'd love to get in on this.

• Like 1

Counted 10 posts above, so if there's no spots left that's cool, otherwise I'd love to get in on this.

Yes, happy to include you as well. So I will get the seeds shipped within the next few days and you can start right away when you got them. Good Luck! :)

• Like 2

Awesome! Thanks EG.

Got some pereskiopsis cuts put in soil today. The two in the upper left are prior grafts. They're both emergency grafts (TBMC and a scop hybrid) and not for this competition.

pereskiopsis Noll Comp 17-02-22.jpg

58ae375688bb8_pereskiopsisNollComp17-02-22.thumb.jpg.dba1236054b52717fa2cc48981ad3998.jpg

58ae375688bb8_pereskiopsisNollComp17-02-22.thumb.jpg.dba1236054b52717fa2cc48981ad3998.jpg

Edited by Happyconcacti
expounding explanation
  • Like 1

Edited by mira

a question though, what are the criteria for winning?

length? girth? how creative you get with it?

• Like 1

All seeds are sent. Some did not send their address, so please send it over if you haven´t already. Also, I think I have 4 extra seed letters packed that I am happy to send out. The first ones that send me their address will get them. 

• Like 2

a question though, what are the criteria for winning?

length? girth? how creative you get with it?

I pick the ones I like the most. Simple as that. Length and girth and interesting, but we tried that last time and it didn´t really work out the way I hoped. So yeah, would love to see nice photos and the ones that I like the most will win. Will also factor in likes and other people´s opinions. The best ones will win and if it´s a head on I will just randomly pick someone. 

• Like 4