The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
toast

2 x Giveaways - too much negativity lately

Please do cheer up my negativity :D

i really love this place.

Rainbows-rainbows-16556438-450-318.jpg

Edited by olive

Interested in the book, thankyou. Nice comp idea!

Strange memories on this nervous night in the Corroboree. Five years later? Six? Fifteen? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. SAB at the start of the millennium was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run… but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.…

History is hard to know, but even without being sure of "history" it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash complete with tracers & afterimages - for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened. And perhaps the ineffable is just the inevitable nostalgia for a time & place that only existed in our minds. But goddamn our minds were pretty interesting places too in those days if our posts are anything to go by. Occasionally I look at my old posts & consider deleting some of the more idiotic ones, but can’t bring myself to do it - they’re a part of the history here too, & I wouldn’t change it.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe a thousand nights—or very early mornings—when I, half-crazed with sleep deprivation & powerful intoxicants, instead of going home, logged in to the forums on some public computer because I didn’t even own one, and, not quite sure which turn-off to take from the homepage I would jump about, reading of dangerous experiments & obscure papers, looking here & there & everywhere and being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that…

There was madness in any direction, at any hour (you must be, or you wouldn’t have come here). You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning, making progress, discovering new & exciting things, exploring the absolute frontiers of ethnobotanical & pharmacological knowledge.

We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high & beautiful - and I mean really, really high jesus christ look at those clouds - wave.…

So now, just a few years later, you can go up on a steep hill in the index page and look back, and with the right kind of search terms you can almost find the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

But you know the great thing about waves? They keep on rolling. So... onwards to the next Golden Wave of the Corroboree!

During which perhaps I will stop posting under the influence. No, not really. :P

(Apologies to the late HST for the blatant theft, or I think you're supposed to call it "appropriation" when you mean well)

• Like 11

I'm not a very "social" person, infact i'd go as far as to say i'm an outright hermit that shuns society, this place for me is one of my chief forms of communication other than whats necessary to survive in the world. To be honest it's taken me a while to work out how this place works in terms of communication. The thing I love about forums(this is my first and last) is unlike when face to face you really have time to look at what people have posted and think carefully about how to articulate one's thoughts. It's unique. Gives you time to have some perspective!

What do I love about this place? I assume the same as everyone else, the MEMBERS on the forum. Because WE ARE the forum. Everytime any of us post anything it adds to the collective for better or worse :wink:.

When I first joined, which must be getting close to a couple of years ago?? I had local members near me pm just to say hello! The other day I visited one of our mods profiles, he has a msg on it that said "don't just visit my profile, pm me and say hello". So I did and as a result had a very satisfying exchange about, well mostly plants, which is why were all here isn't it. Because of a common niche interest, or passion I should say..

I've had people I have never and probably never will meet send me seeds and plants just cause and i've done the same. Why? Out of respect for this place and the other members. The corroboree is unique. I do not take it for granted! It is what it is because we have an admin that puts his hand in his pocket and pays what I imagine to be pretty hefty server bills considering all the video content, etc every month and asks for nothing in return. We don't even have to deal adverising! We have an awesome group of mods that contribute their time for nothing other than a desire to see this place flourish. And we have(mostly) awesome members who continue to share their knowledge, plants and seeds just cause!

So what do I love about this place? Each and everyone of you crazy fuckers!!!

I don't know whats been going on of late, to be honest I don't really give a fuck! I think we should all just move on for no reason other than out of respect for the corroboree.

I heard a joke the other day.

Jesus Christ was in Jerusalum, a prostitute was getting stoned by the locals for being a whore. Jesus calmed the crowd, raised his arms and said let he who is sinless cast the first stone. A stone came flying through the air and struck the women. Jesus turned around and said I really fucking hate you sometimes mother..

• Like 14

keep-calm-and-feel-the-good-vibes-1.png

tumblr_static_2m8frufbdzs4cswkkkos0kg0s.

artworks-000004886555-i74pby-original.jp

good-vibes-diana-haronis.jpg

Edited by tangled
  • Like 5

Mad Mad Idea for a give away Toast you are just one of many on this forum that really inspires me !

many thanks!

BB

• Like 2

Thanks for the entries.

Book goes to Anodyne, seeds to katu.

PM me your addresses & I'll get them off soon.

• Like 1

Thanks Toast, awesome giveaway mate :worship: .