The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

Myco friends in Perth

I've got a mate just moved to Perth who is interested in picking edible and other mushrooms in the Perth region for uni. Lovely fellow who has a clue and is a quick learner and an apatite for knowledge. If anyone is heading out anytime and would take him please let me know by pm. Peace to you all and hope maybe one day I make it to Perth to meet you folk.

• Like 2

Mate I'm in Perth. I need to learn more than I know when it comes to Mycology but can show him some places like the gymno spot I just post photos of in WA Gyms. I don't go on hunts much but then I don't know people who are keen. I just did few hunts in Thailand and have some greats pics to make a post with as soon as I've got over some uni work I have to do myself. Will PM you in the next day.

• Like 1

I was passing time waiting outside part of the Charles Gardener hospital and noticed a huge patch of Morels growing out of mulch chips. The flies had gotten to most of them but I'm sure if you located the patch you'd be good the first few flush's of the season

there seems to be morels everywhere in Perth growing out of the chip filled landscaped gardens
I haven't spotted any myself but I know a few people have been finding loads of them

Coral trout , cool name. Good looking fish and tasty!!