The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
pinegapcontrol

no longer receiving emails??

Its been the case for months now, just got around to mentioning it.

I used to receive emails when i got a PM, and also when i replied to a topic i would automatically start receiving emails whenever there was another reply to that topic.

I have tried to sort it out in my settings but with no luck.

it really is a hindrance to me because the way i was keeping track of addresses and giveaways was i would make an email folder titled something like " free seed details". This folder would then be used to put ONLY the PM that contains a recipients address, that way i dont have to do it by trolling through messages.

EDIT- I think i accidentally clicked a link in an email at some point that unsubscribed me.

Edited by micoz
  • Like 1

or you identified a sab email as junk and now everything from the sab domain gets junked. have you checked your junk for junk that isn't junk and stuff?

or like whatever y'know n junk

Edited by ThunderIdeal

did you check up in your trunk?

fergie-gal-forbes.jpg

check it out

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

Its been the case for months now, just got around to mentioning it.

I used to receive emails when i got a PM, and also when i replied to a topic i would automatically start receiving emails whenever there was another reply to that topic.

I have tried to sort it out in my settings but with no luck.

it really is a hindrance to me because the way i was keeping track of addresses and giveaways was i would make an email folder titled something like " free seed details". This folder would then be used to put ONLY the PM that contains a recipients address, that way i dont have to do it by trolling through messages.

EDIT- I think i accidentally clicked a link in an email at some point that unsubscribed me.

same

Check your account notification settings, you can turn it on or off there.

I can't say for sure micoz but this could be an issue with the IPB forum software. I checked their site and there is a recent topic that has been posted which seems to involve this sort of problem - SMTP & emails not working . I am no longer a member there as I've had some issues with the developers that caused some friction recently, so I can't read the thread.

Torsten should still have a current account there, he might have to look into it for you.

All I can suggest is that you verify the settings you've set are still set the way you want on the client side - through your browser. If they are correct, then sometimes resetting the email address to another one and then setting it back to the one you want could help (I wouldn't get your hopes up though).

It seems like an IPB issue to me.

Edited by Sally

can't you set that kind of thing to come up in your notifications now?

at least then you know when something needs your attention, even though you have to access SAB to see the notification.

I've had the exact same problem Micoz.

I've been into the settings numerous times to try and fix it but alas, no luck.

It was a handy feature that I'd like to see return.

• Like 1

I had same problem. I ended up using a different email addy and now i receive notifications again.

Please note that hotmail flat out rejects any emails sent from us. Live and outlook usually do too.

Gmail is however very reliable in that it almost always puts your initial emails into the spam folder, so look for it there.

Once you have un-spammed several emails from the forums in gmail it will no longer put them in the spam folder.