The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

Anyone else vaping or using ecigs/ejuice? Lets talk :)

Just picked this new box up, inbuilt batteries which are a treat and the build is wicked by all reports! Looked into a custom build but this worked out better

http://vapoureyes.com.au/collections/50-100-watt-mods/products/spd-c1-100w-4000mah-temp-control-box-mod-ve-ltd-edition?variant=6130393796

Currently vaping rainbow serpent, jelly tip and oval teenee from vaping mad @6mg and they are all delicious. Fav is the rainbow serpent.

What are some other people favourite juices atm? I've got more juices en route from vapoureyes I have high hopes for.

• Like 1

Thats a wicked box dood. It kind of make me want to take up vaping again ;-)

What kind of tank are you using with it?

My favorite vape was noe's bewdy.

I'll be using a few different rebuildables on this, and maybe an aspire sub tank. I love my Royal hunter rebuildable atm, cost me a fortune and they just released a $25 clone so I'll pick another one up I reckon! I do like genuine pieces tho. I'm using 75%vg and up to 100%vg at 50-80watts depending on the build. I'm one of those cloud chasing morons, as put above lol

• Like 1

Genuine vs clones. Im not even going to open that can of worms ;-)

Sound like you have a few nice setups dood. My set up was cheap but effective.

• Like 1

That's a really nice looking box.

Do you plan on building with titanium? I hear it's a huge improvement on kanthal, better taste, denser clouds, longevity of both coil and cotton, all with longer lasting battery and lower juice use.

Just had a look and that thing looks crazy! :)

The thing I hate about kanthal is all the gunk buildup and the daily cotton change, temp controlled titanium apparently doesn't burn the sugars in the juice and doesn't singe the cotton, so the coil remains clean and the cotton white for a long time. I saw a picture of a coil that was in constant use for 3 weeks without any cleaning (!!!), and it looked like it was assembled an hour ago. So yeah, I definitely can't wait to get a TC unit (istick 60 is still selling out weeks before it even gets to the warehouse).

I hear you with the cotton changes dude. But I've got it down to a tee now so can change up my 3 rebuildables each morning in about 10mins! The gunk I just hot burn off and get about 2-3 weeks each build

Def gonna get some titanium wire tho and do some builds after what you've told me. Couldn't find a source in Aust but will keep looking! It sounds too good to be true, but sometimes things in Vaping actually are too good to be true lol

Anyone vaped Ripe Vapes VCT reserve? It's oak barrel steeped and tastes bloody amazing. Lovely smooth tobacco and custard. Pricey as fuck tho lol. Been after a small

Ive got some stuff to trade if anyone is keen.

A few juices and other bits and pieces.

Ive given up on trying to use the gear I have because it ulcers the shit out of my tongue and i keep getting really wet vapour or globs of juice in my mouth. Im over it. Id love to check the pH of the vapour,my gut tells me its quite low.

Id be keen to try the titanium wire and TC rig so want to sell or trade the stuff I have.

It probably wont work but its worth a shot.

Edited by AndyAmine.

Andy if your getting ulcers and juice in your mouth your simply doing it wrong (sorry!). What tank/coil are you running? The ulcers are no doubt nicotine related (or you need to hold the tip so it's not directly pointing or touching your toungue etc), I assume you aren't using sub ohm? The small pro tank style things are bad news, don't deliver flavour, concentrate the juice on the drip tip etc. they simply aren't enjoyable !!

Try a good sub ohm tank first. Or better yet get a dripper and build your own coils/wicks. If this is what your already doing your coils might be over saturating too fast and you might need to adjust your vg/pg ratios. Wicking your coil is just as much of an art as wrapping the coil itself.

I've just got a saber over to sub ohm building and dripping and he has a lot of the same frustrations as you with.

Why does it have to be so hard?

Is there a setup that simply works smoothly as long as you fill it with liquid and charge?

Well since I've went sub ohm I've had zero major technical issues. Building is easy or buy prebuilt coils and just wick them. Here's a great combo that will last you all day battery wise and had a big build deck. Battery is built in and doesn't require extra gear to charge just an iPhone usb mains thing

https://m.fasttech.com/p/2417500

https://m.fasttech.com/p/3410401

That's my daily vape carry around along with the tesla one which is half the battery life. The billow tank is marvellous, seriously. Just buy some prebuilt 5 wrap coils that are rated at .5ohm. When you build it you'll end up at 2.5-3ohm and have a small pocket rocket that kicks like a mule with minimal tech issues if you build it correctly (this is child's play). I'll buy it again when my current one breaks, oh wait I already have ;)

Theres a lot of mud in the vape water but that setup is solid and will gaurentee anyone quit smoking when they have the basic build knowledge (from YouTube). A well built atty and good battery coupled with a juice of choice will beat any ciggie habit. The hits are bigger, more consistent and tastier than any available tobacco in Australia.

I DIY my own juice, it's all tailored exactly to me and it's almost no effort, the concentrates and recipes are available easily online. Id advise you to visit a B&M shop and sample some juices. Then when you have an ADV you can DIY that sucker to your exact taste. Half the works already been done, when you know what you want you simply research "clone" recipes and make them.

Honesty this whole hobby couldn't go any smoother for me, I've never had the bad gear etc like friends/members here. It sorta makes me lol

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

Uhhmm this mouth ulcers business is concerning.. The worst I have seen is people either dry vaping/burning or getting nic'ed out.
is this from too much nic? bad PG VG ratio?

Why does it have to be so hard?

Is there a setup that simply works smoothly as long as you fill it with liquid and charge?

This is what kept me from vaping for so long. People definitely like to overcomplicate it and toy around with stuff which is fine.

But, there are heaps of units with temp control etc etc (stupid proof) that you just put juice in, press button and vape.

I use an evic VTC mini box.. admittedly I got my friend to update the firmware and get the settings right which I could have done with a bit of reading.

Sometimes I turn the wattage up or down but thats it for tinkering..

It must provide badass hits so I can exhale krakatoa plumes and no leaking or weird taste whatever biz. A perfectly agreeable experience is all I ask.

So you're saying to replace the three ohm thing with a half ohm thing? why does it eventually fuck out, discounting the battery of course?

If you start building on sub ohm tanks it's a good rule to re wick your tank each few days. Coils last me 2-4 weeks. Your nic will cut down too, 4/6mg is the going sub ohm Nic rate. Sure temp control is neat, I have several devices that offer it. But if you want it to kick like a mule, buy what I said. They are easy to learn to build on, plenty of YouTube vids. They are child proof. The battery I linked will fire like a mech mod, no buttons to mess with. It will fire for the ohm of the build, which like i said if you follow my above advice you'll love and wonder why you ever used a "protank" aka n00bstick

I believe the ulcers are from the carrier juice itself and not the nicotine

• Like 1

Yeah, Ive tried everything, premade coils, handmade coils, different gauges and lengths of wire, different coil techniques, I've tried wire from different manufacturers, I've tried using different wicking techniques, different amounts of wick, different brands of wick.

I've tried different manufacturers of juice and VG/PG, I've tried organic juice, I've tried straight PG I've tried straight VG, I've tried the Kanger sub tank mini with both sub ohm and standard coils, and I've tried all of the cheaper tanks and styles trying to eliminate the amount of metal that was being exposed to the juice.

I've tried different inhalation methods and teks, tried using different mouthpieces, in different shapes and materials, Ive even tried filters in the mouthpiece. Only thing I haven't tried is SS wicks.

Ive tried different mouthwashes, peroxide,salt water, sls free toothpaste, etc, etc.

I research the hell out of my hobbies and interests and I really wanted to swap to vaping because I detest smoking cigarettes.

I've watched countless videos, read countless posts and none of it seems to help it's either from metal exposure or it's from the PG and VG so really I've just been waiting until new developments were made in carriers liquids and/or I could get an atty that is all glass and or uses a different kind of metal.

Im not the only one either, just do a search for Vaping and Canker Sores, plenty of people suffer with it.

Edited by AndyAmine.

I see my last post didnt survive the forum update, so I'll just say, try stainless steel wire before you quit completely. It can be used in both TC and regular power modes, imho it's so much better than kanthal in every way. Many people have some kind of nickel allergy, and there is plenty of nickel in kanthal. You tried everything except different kind of heating metal. 28 or 26 g 316L stainless steel wire should be a good start.

• Like 2

Yeah, Ill definitely give it a shot.

Unfortunately there wasn't much other than Kanthal and Nichrome when I was trying it.

Thanks for the tip mate.

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

Andy, are you still smoking analogues? My gums were bleeding LOTS during my switch, turns out it was from giving up ciggs as it somehow suppresses gum disease?

Im a member of 3 diff vape boards and the canker sores always seem to be put down to either allergys or people still quitting the ciggies. Chances are you woulda worked out a PG/VG allergy by now (medications, food etc) and it seems like you've used all the available stuff. Maybe it is a coil material related issue like you said.

Sorry if my above posts sounded pushy re gear, sounds like you've ran all those tests. I dunno what I'd do if my vape turned on me, it'd be the worst I can't go without it. Plus I'm keen on knowing all these probs people are having cos I'm constantly getting smokers on them (carry around 2 box mods everywhere so I don't have to share hehe).

• Like 1

Hey Vapors 

Ive been working on DIY E juices for a while now, and ive got a few really tasty ones 

If anyone else is making DIY juices and wants to arrange a swap PM me 

Just re cankers, I've found B12 to sort them out much quicker than anything else. 1000mcg + of methyl cobalamine per day. :wink: 

1 hour ago, Change said:

Hey Vapors 

Ive been working on DIY E juices for a while now, and ive got a few really tasty ones 

If anyone else is making DIY juices and wants to arrange a swap PM me 

Can vouch for the tasty goodness of changes joose!!