The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

Anyone else vaping or using ecigs/ejuice? Lets talk :)

So, anyone else vaping ejuice?

Would love to hear what kinds of gear and juice etc. other people are using.

My rig is an Istick 30w and a Kanger Sub Mini, running a 0.8 ohm coil on the included RBA, using 28g Kanthal and the stock OCC.

Started on Halo tobacco sampler pack but finding that it spits ALOT on my rig and Im getting negative side effects from what I am assuming is the PG or perhaps the flavours. Main problem is that Im getting tongue ulcers from the vape (which im naturally susceptible to, usually from acidic things)

Swapping over to 100% VG juice now and will be DIY'ing my own juice. I did a test by using straight Gold Cross B.P VG from the chemist and that vaped beautifully and didnt cause me as many dramas.

I thought I'd try vaping unflavoured to avoid the ulcers so got some of SoulBlu's VG, 48mg nic base and YUCK!! very peppery and harsh and the VG base had a powdery, talcum type taste.

So, made an order for some Velvet Cloud Vapour juices which are meant to be top of the line VG, naturally flav'd juice which should arrive any day now and have some VapersTek nic base on the way plus some of their German flavs. (Hurry up Vape'mail......)

VT's is meant to be almost tasteless.

Im looking at getting a dripper. any suggestions?

Suggestions for good 100% VG juices in Aus or even better, flavours/concentrates?

Edited by AndyAmine.

Currently using a Smok m80 with an aspire sub tank. I also use the ego one subtank battery when working or just ducking out.

I can't talk highly enough of the m80, 20-60W with a temp setting. I'm currently using the temp control nickel coils and can't tell any difference, but it is easier to gauge using the heat setting to get the vape just right if your picky.

No spitting, no dry hits. $130 for the setup and the battery lasts me 2 days no probs, you can run it out for 4 days if you vape consciously ;) I spend about $300 til I was happy with a rig, and should've just went straight to this.

Funny you mention alergies I'm starting to think my year long and still running bout of sinusitis is caused from vaping. But I moved house same time I really started vaping so coukd be environmental also. This house grows mould like cray cray

My home rig is a Sigelei 150w box with a Mutation X V4 drip top running a 0.2 ohm build of dual fused clapton coils. Puts out massive clouds and flavor.

For work and driving I use a IPV mini 2 with an Atlantis 2 tank since I can fill the tank and be good most of the day instead of dripping every 4-5 hits, also much smaller than the Sigelei set up since it only runs a single 18650 batt.

Favorite juice right now is Medusa from Fog Works Vapor Supply, it's a max VG juice that tastes like fruity pebbles. Unfortunately not in Aus but they just opened their web store and may ship?

VaporShark rDNA 40. I use a Kanger Subtank Mini, building coils that come out around 0.5 Ohms at 5-6 wraps (24 gauge kanthal, from memory -- i could be wrong). If I'm lazy and don't want to build, I have an Aspire Atlantis with 0.5 Ohm premade OCC coils. I also just bought a Lemo 2 to try out, as I don't have a spare tank to build on when soaking and cleaning the Kanger. I would've been keen to try a Squape clone or something from fasttech, but the clones seem to be a bit hit & miss.

I tried building some Nickel coils, but I think I might have one of the faulty earlier instances of the rDNA 40.. When using Nickel, sometimes the screen scrambles and I need to remove and replace the battery. For ejuices, so far I've only really been using Mt Baker Vapor and Vape Wild over the past 12 months or so.. I'd definitely like some suggestions, although to be honest I'm looking at weening myself off vaping. My most recent order is mostly 3mg juices, with a couple of 6mg. Prior to that, I've always vaped 6 - 12 mg.

Edited by goneski

i'm using an all-in-one package from social-lites (ordered via their UK site for the inclusion of nicotine), which is pretty much a portable battery pack that looks like a cigarette deck which charges the e-cig unit on the go, and has storage slots for refills.

it's not as customizable as the more advanced kits; i just got this as my first try of e-cigs, to jump right into using it without worrying about the juice at all. they've got a few different flavours available, and there's also the option of a refillable cartridge if i decide to try that at some point. this kit cost me about $80 including shipping. it's not the most advanced set out there, but i'd highly recommend this to anybody who's interested in trying e-cigs without worrying about the technical aspects of it. i get the impression that it's ideal for beginners like myself.

the flavor i'm using at the moment is "gold tobacco", which has a nice rich smoky flavour. i've tried caramel as well, which was also great. intend to try chocolate and coffee flavours next time i order refills.

Edited by Scarecrow

I just recently got an istick 30w with Kanger aerotank, and I love it. Previously used an Evod. Am thinking of ordering a Subtank, but would the advantages outweigh the negative aspects? Is sub-ohm rig really worth it?

My favorite flavours right now are red bull and menthol.

I just recently got an istick 30w with Kanger aerotank, and I love it. Previously used an Evod. Am thinking of ordering a Subtank, but would the advantages outweigh the negative aspects? Is sub-ohm rig really worth it?

My favorite flavours right now are red bull and menthol.

Yes. The proper RTAs such as the Subtank make a massive difference, even if you use the premade coils. I used to vape those smaller and cheaper tanks then moved to a Subtank -- massive difference. Loads more vapour and flavour, less issues with leaking, etc.

Building basic coils is also fairly easy as well -- the hardest part has been wicking and avoiding dry hits, but it's manageable with a bit of practice. You'll pay around $40 or so for a Subtank, then another $10 for some Kanthal and organic cotton, but it will probably end up cheaper than replacing coils constantly.

You don't need to go ridiculously sub-ohm unless you want to be one of those cloud chasing morons. I usually vape anywhere 0.5 - 1.0 ohms by doing 5 or so wraps of 24-26 gauge kanthal around the miniature screwdriver that comes with the Subtank Mini. You'll use up more ejuice, but the flavour and hit are a lot nicer.

Edited by goneski

I used vaping as a quitting tool after failing numerous times with the pharmaceutical brands (tablets, gum, inhaler).

I went the diy route mixing nicotine with pg/vg and concentrate.

I had a humble Vision spinner battery and a evod tank that i recoiled to 1.8ohms and wicked with cotton.

i had a couple of problems with the evod leaking until i found just the right amount of cotton wick to use. I also turned the little rubber grommet thing around inside the tank which helped alot.

I would recommend vaping for anyone that wants to give up thae darts and has tried and fail with the other options

Edited by DeadStar

I upgraded to a Sub tank mini last week and so far its been nothing but trouble

problems include

the tank leaks

the air flow control fills up with juice

getting large drops of juice in my mouth

it makes loud popping and gurgling sounds when it does vape

the vape its hot and stings the nose

So far ive used 4 x 0.5 ohm coils and i still havnt got a decent hit of vapor, just mouths full of juice and if it does vape its hot and sharp

If anyone has any tips that might help please let me know

Its fucking annoying buying something after reading plenty of good reviews and then it turns out to be a piece of shit.

I just purchased another Subtank Mini, and I'm noticing a similar thing. It looks like they have slightly redesigned it. The drip tip doesn't heat up as much for me, but I do notice with the OCC coils that I get a slight bit of juice -- prior to this I hadn't tried the OCC coils. However, I haven't noticed any leaking whatsoever as of yet.

Have you tried building a coil on the RBA section?.. That would be my next suggestion. I noticed they've also changed the RBA section (it's now labelled as 'Mini RBA Plus') -- the holes for the juice channels are much much larger. I had problems with wicking and dry hits on the original Subtank Mini, so hopefully it will be easier to build now without worrying about wicking as much especially with thicker juices.

What's the PG/VG ratio of the juices you're using?

I also purchased a Lemo 2. I have only used it for around a week, but it seems okay. You can fill from the top without dismantling anything which is nice.

Seriously, just get the aspire v1 subtank and use the original coils and you won't have any problems :) coils are $4 but last me 1.5-2.5 weeks depending on use

Best juice ratio I've found is 60-40 pg/vg. And I agree with dropping Nic levels down, read it everywhere but wasn't until recently I HAD to do this because of taste issues and it overall not being enjoyable anymore

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

Am liking ecto cooler at the moment, a flavor West concentrate and available in 100ml from juice factory.

Vg is hard to vape in winter!, 100%vg should be alright in summer

I havnt bothered trying to make my own coil yet, id really just prefer to buy something that works

So far ive always vaped 100% VG but im planning on trying out some VG/PG ratios soonish

Looks like ill get an aspire next time i upgrade my vape gear, so far i haven't heard anything bad about them

You should give coils making a go chance. There are plenty of youtube clips that show you what equipment and materials you will need and a quick rundown of the safety precautions.

I found that most tanks leaked until i pulled them apart and did a little macgyvering. I also found they leaked more the warmer the weather got

• Like 1

Well, I did my first build on a Lemo 2 a couple of days ago.. very impressed. It vapes quite well, and the top refill is a nice option. Only downside is that the tank capacity could be larger.

Started on Halo tobacco sampler pack but finding that it spits ALOT on my rig and Im getting negative side effects from what I am assuming is the PG or perhaps the flavours. Main problem is that Im getting tongue ulcers from the vape (which im naturally susceptible to, usually from acidic things)

I thought I'd try vaping unflavoured to avoid the ulcers so got some of SoulBlu's VG, 48mg nic base and YUCK!! very peppery and harsh and the VG base had a powdery, talcum type taste.

the few times i've tried an Ecig it's caused an instant ulcer reaction, not sure as to why though? if anyone has any thoughts?

as a side note AndyAmine, i've always been prone to regular mouth ulcers however after cutting out toothpastes that contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) they've reduced alot

• Like 1

48mg Nic base is a lot, what are you mixing it down too? Most people like 6-15mg. When I used to buy premade juices they sucked and I couldn't vape for long. Now I'm mixing myself and Nic levels are low it's all good and puff all day long

Hey guys, anyone got any suggestions what would be a good ~50W TC mod to buy, up to $40 US or so? Only condition is that it has to run on 18650 battery.

There are a lot of new devices coming out in the next few months so I'll wait a bit longer, but Cloupor mini plus looks good to me, as well as Eleaf 60W, Koopor mini and IPV D2. Anyone using these devices or any from those brands? Which has the best reputation?

Were you hoping to run sub ohm or a high powered rebuildable at all dude? There's heaps of things to take into account depending on your vape style.

For on the go I'm using an ego one 50w battery with kanga sub tank, plenty of grunt and can see the day out on the run.

When I get home I like my rebuildable on a Smok m80 mod box, it's got 2 x 18650 batteries inbuilt and can be charged via a portable charger on the run.

There's heaps of vape cafes and bars in the states (that's where you are isn't it?), I've found them all to be friendly and they'll run you thru what you need, most of em have a juice bar you can try juices at too before you buy any.

Edit: his would be a good entry level device to find out what your trying to do, will run sub ohm and you can use rebuildables down to 0.2 ohm. Heaps of accessories worldwide for it and if it helps it's the most seen commercial device I've seen in the USA in the vape cafes. Everyone seems to have one before they move onto a more custom device

http://www.vapeking.com.au/istick-50w-sub-ohm-box-mod-kit/

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply!

I was considering istick 50 earlier (btw it's half the price on fasttech), but now there is istick 60 available, pretty much the same chip with temperature control and some other improvements. Main thing I didn't like in istick 50 was fixed battery, this one uses one 18650, which is my preference.

I do intend to use sub ohm and probably TC as well, 60 watts should be plenty of power for that, no?

So I'm looking for devices in that range. Right now I have istick 30W and Innoking itaste mvp 20W with Kanger aerotanks, and am getting a subtank soon, and I'm quite satisfied with them for outside use, but would like something more powerful. Actually what I really want is a mod in which I can take 3 spare batteries with me and use it without thinking when I'll be close to a plug, and there's no sense in getting another 30W mod for the same price.

And I'm in Europe, most vape shops here sell mostly small 'cigarette' styled vaporizers, and the mods they have are outdated and 3X the price from China.

How are you satisfied with the M80? Koopor is an offshoot of Smok, I heard their quality and performance are quite similar.

It's still cheaper to buy from vape King in Aust by the time you ship from fasttek... Dunno bout Europe tho.

Mate I love the Smok m80. Can't fault it although you can find bad reviews, I've had zero issues with it! Yeh I'd guess you'd want 60w+ upfront hey. My rebuilds are .18ohm and fires beautifully at 63-66W. It's fine at 50w too just takes a bit longer to fire up.

I've already got my eye on another rebuild lol, next battery I get will be 150-200w and I'll built it custom. those clouds are addictive once you get goin!

• Like 1