The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
J Smith

Reopen The Free Trade Thread

Please consider reopening the free trade thread for spring 2015. Thanks.

It didnt work so well last time, Would people have suggestions to make it run smooth this time?

There vere quite a few members taking the free offers then never posting thier offered seeds

I suppose the membership dynamic has changed since then, we could give it a go and see how it goes this time.

• Like 2

Trade reps are there for a reason.. I loved the free trade thread.. Did encounter problems, but mostly had successfull trades, give aways... I'd like to see it open.. My votes in

• Like 1

would having like 100+ posts help or some type of escrow .

• Like 1

Don´t think that Escrow would be an viable option. They charge a substantial Escrow fee. Once sold a domain name for 4,95 and they asked me to pay something like 30 bucks Escrow fee to handle the payment. Never again.

But the thing with people having to have at least 100 posts sounds like a good idea. And spamming to raise the post count should not be allowed.

• Like 1

100 posts doesn't sound like much for any of the people already flapping their mouth in this thread but in the spirit of inclusiveness i think it's a bit rich, especially since the free trade thread is of the most benefit to chef noobs

• Like 5

Thats a good point if it was not for the people on this site i would be still noobish and the diverseness of genetics its good to

encourage noobs and get people trading learning more about its culture etc

I like the idea of when you get to a 1000 post etc do a give away .But there is also a lot on the sab website that should

help noobs and fellow a like maybe do nursery updates at the end of the week .

i was on here several years before i made 100 posts.

i reckon we just keep an eye on it. if it stalls maybe older members kick it long, we all got excess of some kinda seeds. ill edit out posts that dont belong and we'll all give it a red hot go this time

• Like 9

Noobs must be made to go through rump and sumping but sab style . that way they will remember the hot burn as the oil is filling up their cavity.

No post count or smugness will replace that memory seared into their psyche and hence forthwith will honour all trades in atimely fashion _ at the very least, don't go all quiet.

Communication is the key to good trading etiquette.

So noobs, talk it up and fucking don't make me get the hose and diesel pump out.........although i have to readily admit that some of you might find that enticing instead of offensive.

you bunch of cnuts.

• Like 8

I stopped using it cause I got sick of it not going around.

Went straight to giveaways instead, I am happy to give stuff away without getting pissed off.....lol

Was an excellent way to get access to some new genetics, and to start to know some folk here.

Some of my most treasured plants came outta that thread.

It is actually more than just free stuff :wink:

I hope greed doesnt fck it again.

• Like 4

maybe a trade rep status in your signature once you get to 20 successful trades or 20 good feedbacks in your

trade column and build up from that .Give you something to work for for new people in the site

• Like 1

Hahaha is he kickin around still u reckon?

I don't know "dood". You tell us.

If i remember correctly.

There were a few problems of people offering up good amounts of mixed seeds and then the person to take them would only offer up 3 apple seeds (just an example)

But i dont think that would be a problem now with such generous people around

Edited by DeadStar

why is this thread getting more action than the actuall free trade thread? LOL

• Like 2

Lol it's like being at work, you ask someone to do a job that takes 5 minutes, and they spend 10 minutes telling you that they don't have time to do it...

• Like 1

then they smash the dunny to bits and never come back to work (true story) lol

• Like 4