The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yeti101

Inceptionism: Trippy output from Googles neural neworks

Via http://www.deepdreamr.com/

gallery_25_244_424677.png

Edited by Yeti101
  • Like 2

Sorry the image above is hanging of the edge, browser is playing up - image-putting-into-post-thing is being uncooperative. I blame Microsoft.

i assume it's optimising the above image towards "animals" or something of that nature, notice (especially if you ignore the undifferentiated white surface which it has turned into some birdling shapes) how it has created eyes more than faces, more than bodies, more than other facial features.

in case naives are reading this, it's gotta be stated that the majesty of psychedelic-induced visuals only marginally resembles what is going on in these images.

anyway, this one time, i had a unique experience in nature in that there were two utterly obtrusive elements. eyes in almost everything i perceived visually, and a particular kind of geometry. despite the persistent presence of those two elements, it was a day of unmatchable beauty.

saw a bit on tv which didn't explain it very well but showed a video where each frame had been optimised so as this guy is walking around in the video sections of the image are morphing into architecture, animals, and whatever else, like a rolling cloud of forms, it was indeed trippy and a bit overwhelming

Something like that, I don't know what image-sets and optimization DeepDreamr is using. I'd do it myself, but my tablet does not have the grunt and my beefier PC needs to have windows reinstalled before it's fit for anything.

I agree that most psychedelic experiences are nothing like this, yet. Which is a good thing - if a substance made my fingers (the pink things on the left) look like that, I may not ingest it a second time :innocent_n:

• Like 1

Yeah, there's a video of the intro to Capitan Planet that's been given this treatment - gets pretty mind blowing. All those eyes, birds and dogs - it gets pretty alien.

it's gonna be cool when it has done more extensive learning, aye?

as if to confirm that skynet is completely obsessed with dogs' faces, in the final second showing the faces of the planeteers they all just turn into a dog's face completely randomly.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

i feel like i've been made aware of this so i'm safe from pranking

but imagine springing this on an unsuspecting victim

"oh hey man, i'm just gonna put some old cartoons on the tele. remember captain planet? i still know every word of that song. yeah man, chill out, watch cartoons n shit while you're head straightens out"

PFFFFT.png

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

and then they shit their fucking brain completely.

• Like 2

when captain planet is summoned. that's the moment when their brain liquefies and joins the stream of drool already flowing down their chin.

I stole this picture.

potate.jpg

post-7022-0-35227800-1436448294_thumb.jp

post-7022-0-35227800-1436448294_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-35227800-1436448294_thumb.jpg

Edited by Distracted
  • Like 3

These zoomy videos are pretty real. About as real as it gets.

• Like 4

agreed, but perhaps more so as you watch iterations unfold on the original image. when it starts zooming it feels more like zooming into a fractal.. a fractal with stronger innate tendencies than pure maths fractals or at least tendencies which are more recognisably relevant to our senses.

i hereby propose the name of skynet be changed to dognet.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

I'm a bit over the dog thing really, though I do dig the general alien-ness. What would I would be more interested in is if someone could produce an effect that was real similar to what people more commonly see when under certain influences.

We will see more interesting stuff as people train neural nets with different, and possibly more adult-oriented datasets.

Also, if you had the processing power to do it in real time, this could make for some mad augmented reality. Pretty sure holo-lens won't have that much oomph, but still...

*gets right up in your business then suddenly transforms into fractal dog faces*

this is what you wanted.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

sensitivity to initial conditions.......... the iterative process can evidently go to two very different places in a short space with only slightly different initial conditions, as shown in the video with the guys face, so when this eventually gets an acid trip preset, it shouldn't produce the same imagery over and over again, just as acid doesn't. i can imagine the imagery matching, maybe even surpassing OEV/CEV, still, it won't be linked in to other senses, feelings and thoughts.

that Xenodimensional guy has run a few of his artworks through the google dream machine. Here's a random assortment of results.

http://imgur.com/a/RfJrV

• Like 4

I would love to know how to apply the wacko Google filter to my pics, some nice fractal google dreamed subs or cubes would be sweet.