The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudspirit

Kratom

Guest cloudspirit

Does anyone know what the legality of shipping of kratom (the Thai plant which has been used to withdraw from opiates) is in the US? With the sales closed here, where could you buy it, assumming it is legal to do so???

Thanks!

Originally posted by cloudspirit:

Does anyone know what the legality of shipping of kratom (the Thai plant which has been used to withdraw from opiates) is in the US?

It's legal to the US.

With the sales closed here, where could you buy it, assumming it is legal to do so???

We are the only ones, except for BPC, but I don't think they have any left.

Guest cloudspirit

Gee-

I ran across two fellows who could really use some of it right now. Any possibility of getting some??? These guys are trying to withdraw from an opiate-related med called delaudin. One is going cold-turkey.

torsten - what/who is BPC? i feel that i should know this.

Sorry, we are not at the stage where we can sell the dried herb yet. Plants only.

BPC = Botanical Preservation Corps = Rob Montgomery (Palenque conferences) = co-founder of "...off the jungle" etc etc

We will probably stop selling tissuecultures except for bulk orders. The costs for small orders are too high and most customers either don't have skill or just don't feel like following the instrcutions for deflasking which results in many disappoinments. To keep them happy we have sent two tubes to almost all customers and still they cannot succeed.

So for the next season we will ship plants within australia at a lower price than so far. overseas plants will stay about the same as these need to be freed of soil and packed in sphagnum moss before shipping. This is timeconsuming and tedious, thus the higher price.

We probably can't sell plants as soon as we open, as they will be dormant and take a little special care to start growing again. I presume they will be available by November.

Ive seen that. Im not willing to pay that much for one. If they were 4 foot treelets, maybe... but for plants that size, there's just not a chance in hell.

I wonder why nobody's brought seeds to the market? From what I understand they produce large quantities of seed.

Originally posted by Murple:

I wonder why nobody's brought seeds to the market? From what I understand they produce large quantities of seed.

The seed's viability is measured in days or weeks rather than months or years, which makes any attempt at marketing thm very difficult. The fact that the seed of other mitragyna species is constantly offered mislabelled as M speciosa for a few dollars per kilo doesn't help to create a market for the real thing.

As the tree only grows in thailand where it is illegal, even harvesting the seeds is of great risk to ones freedom.

Our plants will be dropping in price and as there are more plants being raised around the world the prices are likely to drop considerably. We can lower our prices as we have almost recouped our expenses (which were enormous) for sourcing and developing this species .

Bye for now, Torsten

Argh... why do seeds of good plants have such crappy viability windows? Oh well...

I was under the impression that kratom trees had been brought into cultivation outside Thailand in recent years? I suppose the people growing it arent doing so to bring it to market though... (for example, university researchers in New Zealand).

I suspect you're right that availability will go up and price down. There are now at least 2 sources of live plants and 1 of dried leaf.

Now if only someone would start selling live Diplopterys cabrerana plants smile.gif

Originally posted by Murple:

Argh... why do seeds of good plants have such crappy viability windows? Oh well...

Cos most of the interesting plants are rainforest plants.

I was under the impression that kratom trees had been brought into cultivation outside Thailand in recent years? I suppose the people growing it arent doing so to bring it to market though... (for example, university researchers in New Zealand).

Not sure what happened to the guy in NZ who was doing the research. About a year ago he told me he was going to start a different project and was going to give me his kratom papers. I lost track of that though.

I suspect you're right that availability will go up and price down. There are now at least 2 sources of live plants and 1 of dried leaf.

There are 2 of dried leaf, however one of them has misidentified/inactive stuff. The reliable source (BPC) has dried up too i believe. They don't seem to have any plants for sale either I don't think. And the basement shaman plants are cultures from our stock. So sadly, this plant is still not entirely secure in its market distribution.

Now if only someone would start selling live Diplopterys cabrerana plants smile.gif

I believe there is a TC project underway to make this happen. I would do the same if I had access to some live material.

Cos most of the interesting plants are rainforest plants.

I'll bet Lagochilus inebrians has a long seed viability. As an obscurophile I would say that I desire mostly non-rainforest plants. Mountains are most sacred places, the abode of immortals and yetis. Has anybody got Lancea tibetica (Depgul)?

hi,a few leaves of kratom i can give away 4 free!

aswell, say 2 small live plants. but those

only to skilled plant propagators!

swap 4 erytroxylum.

oh,yeah this stuff satisfies, but is it realy

not addictive?

does anybody knowe?

Guest cloudspirit

planthelper-

Thanks. I have tried to quit rescuing the fellows who I inadvertantly learned were addicted to an opiate pain pill here. I never knew anything about this sort of thing up until now. Sad though, one guy just got a great job but will probably be living in his truck as he said he spent all of the money he'd made that week on that medicine rather than to pay the rent. HE'S OLD ENOUGHT TO KNOW BETTER SO CRY BABY CRY, OH YEAH!

I got way too wound up on this----I guess it's live and let die now.

hi,

CS do you have any perspective?

i, dont!i,havent checked my E-

mail.ALL I SAY IS I DROPP THE

GOODS anywhere(the kratomleaves)

i hope i can be SAFELY contacted

at times...

:cool:

[ 03. April 2004, 15:07: Message edited by: planthelper ]

quote:

So for the next season we will ship plants within australia at a lower price than so far. overseas plants will stay about the same as these need to be freed of soil and packed in sphagnum moss before shipping. This is timeconsuming and tedious, thus the higher price.

Torsten, do you mean that the selling for this season is already out ?

iS IT kAVAman whose Kratom comes from 20yo trees?

why did he not offer cuttings and foliage from it up until now? And how did he obtain the original source material?

As far as I have read on EBA he imported the stuff from malaysia or thailand.

I have also heard that he was going to sell "smokable Kratom"(what?) next....

ok, fuel rumors:

kavamans 20 year old, comes from the polynesian triangle, and t, has now a young plantation, somewhere similar too!!

:cool: :D :P

[ 04. April 2004, 15:51: Message edited by: planthelper ]

heheh,

Kavaman only recently (not sure how recently) got into selling kava & tramon. Before that he was into reptiles and stuff.

He buys his foliage from some guy (bad memory...), powders it and exports it from Vanuatu.

he left to go back to Vanuatu about 4 hours ago...

And he's quite a bit older than 20!! :)