The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Salvia---anyone wants some?

I've got some salvia to swap.

What I have is: 1 3,5 g packet of Salvia 5x from SAB, unopened (maybe 3 months old, stored in a cool dark jar, should be perfectly allright0

some SAB Salvia leaf,

and at least 100 g homegrown Salvia leaf,

dried, but not processed any further.

Anyone interested for swapping?

Guest PoppymaN

Yeah!

I got heaps of Papaver Somniferum seeds.

I f interested please state your varieties.

Laterz,

Guest unified

Ive got, Syrian Rue, Yohimbe, Ephedra,Lobelia inlata (Indian Tabacco), and some B.Caapi but thats not for trade.

Would like 3g of the Salvia 5x.

How About;

20grams SR

20grams Yohimbe

20grams Ephedra Sinicas

5grams of Lobelia inlata.

How did you homegrown S.D go, was it potent ? How did it rate vs SAB's ?

Sorry to take so long to answer, but I've been quite busy lately.

Yeah- I've sent everything to Poppyman, and haven't heard from him since. Needless to say, I haven't received anything back yet.

To your questions:

All your stuff seems very interesting, I'd be interested in buying it, since I haven't got anything left to swap (just email me)

And the homegrown salvia d...I tried chewing it but couldn't keep it in my mouth long enough, tasted to gross...But I got a little efeect... Isuppose I won't be much different from SAB's leaf...why should it, it's from SAB cuttings, and I give them all the care I can.. The plants are getting new leaves now...

Sorry again for taking so long to answer...

the leaf that SAB sells is imported, not harvested from their own plants. there would likely be a qualititative difference. in fact, it has been said that australian-grown salvia is not as active, if not inactive.

i just can't be made to understand why the imported is stronger than the domestic. usually imported gear has to be treated and is unlikely to be as fresh, with australias range of climates and conditions (some of which that would mimic salvias homeland) why can't we get our shit together? it's only reasonable that we should be growing stronger than imported for fucks sake. is it a stress issue? drought? ageing? what?

Could it even be the altitude (like in coca) Has anyone found a nice humid/warm highland valley to grow some in?

E D

Guest unified

ummm, you swapped all that extract for 1 variety of seeds ??? Really ?

It wasn't all extract, only 3,5 g.

The rest was leaf, partly homegrown.

i haven't actually verified the difference between homegrown and imported ... i'm as lost as anyone smile.gif

I have verified the difference many times, both as leaf and as extract. The homegrown stuff rarely goes over 20% of good Oaxacan leaf.

I believe a warmer climate and lower rainfall will increase potency, as well as harvesting well aged leaves at the end of summer.

Guest unified

What about Hydro or a Glasshouse ?

Originally posted by unified:

What about Hydro or a Glasshouse ?

It introduces new variables. It may work, but would bring us no closer really to determine why the local stuff isn't any good. I think finding the problem would be better than just hitting pot luck so that a reliable supply can be established.

Guest unified

but i guess if you were to grow it in a greenhouse you could control those variables that you were talking about.

ok what if you grew indoors or in a greenhouse in an enclosed enviroment that still lets light in with a vaporiser.

Guest vegemite

Grown under lights will probally yield about only 20% of lums put out by sun (got lum meter and when first purchased the kid in me made me go and test every possible situation I could find) so that one is probally out of the question for increasing potency.

However from what I can gather it's not the altitude that increases the potency of coca it's actually the increaase in ultraviolet light spectrum (UV A or UV B, can't remembeer , mmmmhhhh beer, specifics right now) so this being the case greenhouses actually decrease the input of ultraviolet light (passing through glass) so carefull selection of lights in right intensity for inside would be your best chance but I personaly would have doubts about getting any where near the same intensity of ultraviolet light spectrum produced "artificially" compared to naturally.

However as with other crops wink.gif , with continued breeding maybe a strain can be produced that can be successfully grown indoors with excellent results.

I heared somewhere if you have half uv light's and half halogen light's you get the full spectrum. I am not sure if it was half halogen though.

Guest vegemite

You will get the best spectrum from specifically designed horticultural lights with the best lums per watt output. But the point I was making before was that even in a well light room you only come from about 20-33% of light intensity of the great outdoors and that giant globe in the sky. Now referring back to coca, if that is so sensitive that it can tell only a couple of percent difference that there is between the mountains and the plains by responding with a dramatic increase in the psychoactive components then surely the larger decrease of having them under artificial will even further negatively affect these components.

One idea that could possibly work though is growing them in a greenhouse with additional artificial lighting to compensate for any light passing through the material of the greenhouse being lost and then make up htat couple of % extra to simulate higher mountain regions.