The Corroboree
Gimli

3 Aussie ISIS members want to return home...

Bit OT but Charlie Pickering destroying that xenophobe Cory Bernadi is gold

Pimento, I found your replies to Sally very offensive and agressive.

Good, I'm glad. :)

IMO Sally and Whitewind were damning 1.2 billion people who follow the Muslim faith.

Sure there's extremism in any religion, allways has been allways will be.

Christians have killed more people in the name of their religion than any other faith.

If a poster chooses to lash out and shit on an entire religion and belief because of a minority then present some unbiased and neutral arguments. Also continues to baffle me how someone can claim to know something because they have studied it, fucking lol x 100.

In the pathetically short lifespan of a human there is no way anyone can understand much at all, sure think you know if it gives you place and belonging, though face reality and acknowledge that you could study any religion for 10 lifetimes and still not grasp it.

Sally and Whitewind have their opinions, sure, and they are entitled to them, however fascist and ill informed IMO.

If Sally and Whitewind choose to beleive that ALL Muslims are gonna come and kill them and ruin their safe lives then so be it.

I reported both Sally's and Whitewinds posts.

Am not hating them for life, am not gonna ignore them for their beliefs however ill informed I beleive they are.

I disagree with:

Child marriage

Death penalty for homosexuals

Murder of women for their husbands behaviour

Violent behaviour towards others

Fascist ideology that supports these behaviours and others with no means of redress

This may or may not apply to some of the groups mentioned or not mentioned in this threads or merely an unspecified number of individuals within those groups

I too disagree with the above, actions like these occur in most religions, not just in the Islamic faith.

They are revolting.

We live today in a construct, continuing results of the White australia policy.

Here we are in Asia.......... Lol

Citizens of the UK and New Zealand make up the largest proportion of immigrants to this country.

I think I'm going to leave this thread also. It's not the first time I have gone up against apologists for people who are anti human rights.

Good night everyone, and be grateful you don't live in an oppressive regime that brutally murders the people that don't fit their idea of perfection, and oppresses so many more.

and it won't be the last time that sense prevails and proponents of bigotry realise their wrongdoing.

you went to sleep last night in a country that is an oppressive regime which continues to brutally murder people that don't fit their idea of perfection and oppresses many more............

It's not done as overtly here in Australia as our delicate sensibilities would not accept it, however we kill, mame, murder, destroy and rape, mostly in the name of capitalism, here and in other countries and it's the most at risk that bear the brunt, children, women, men, minorities.

This country and every other is built on bones of the dead.

• Like 2

Shroomaus, I think your comparison fails. At least we've made attempts at equality. Are you telling me if you were gay or female you wouldn't feel 1000 times more comfortable living in a western country?

actions like these occur in most religions

no they don't. countries that instigate death for homosexual acts are:

iraq - muslim majrity

iran - muslim majority

mauritania - muslim majority

nigeria - half muslim population

qatar - muslim majority

saudi arabia - muslim majority

somalia - muslim majority

sudan - muslim majority

UAE - muslim majority

99% genetically identical we humans are

But even @ The Corroberee we seem to find differences to focus on and hate each other for.

:(

• Like 2

no they don't. countries that instigate death for homosexual acts are:

iraq - muslim majrity

iran - muslim majority

mauritania - muslim majority

nigeria - half muslim population

qatar - muslim majority

saudi arabia - muslim majority

somalia - muslim majority

sudan - muslim majority

UAE - muslim majority

The American Christian evangelist missionaries in Uganda recently used their influence to push through laws for the death penalty for homosexuality.

Okay I have come back because I realise I may have made a mistake, and I apologised first thing after it was pointed out.

I will stand by my points that I strongly disagree with:

Child marriage
Murder of women for their husbands behaviour
Violent behaviour towards others

I would also like to state again that I disagree with:

Fascist ideology that supports these behaviours and others with no means of redress.

Now, people who support this ideology are as culpable and dangerous as those who actually act on their beliefs and go ahead and do it. Apologists for large groups of people who support and sometimes act on those beliefs are also culpuble.

While not all of those people actually act on these behaviours, supporting rules that allow for such behaviour make them culpuble too.

1. people who enact these behaviours are doing wrong, and are dangerous to others.

2. people who support those people are doing less wrong, but by their support are also doing a lesser wrong.

3. people who tacitly ignore the fact that large groups of people are misbehaving and doing damage to others are less wrong again, are still culpuble.

4. people who oppose the above groups of people are bigoted and should and appreciate that not all of the people involved are bad. They should apologise for speaking out against everyone in this group and reported for poor behaviour.

Okay I get it. I get it. I apologise.

But yes, I will admit that I am afraid that large groups of people support some really disturbing behaviour that is extremely detrimental to my own wellbeing. Being a minority in my own country which is discriminated against makes you much more aware of large scale discrimination. Trust me on that. I am aware of the current state of affairs in my own country, and I am fighting against that.

But I will not stand here and allow tacit support of large groups of people who support laws allowing and promoting violent and aggressive behaviour towards others.

If that is bigotry, then so be it.

In return, I would like to see an apology from those who would like to enact the death penalty against people like myself.

But I don't see it happening any time soon.

• Like 1

there is no death penalty for homosexual acts in law in uganda at the moment, and the law you have referred to is currently considered invalid.

also if you want a competition between between religions on which is the most barbaric islam will win hands down

Shroomaus, I think your comparison fails. At least we've made attempts at equality. Are you telling me if you were gay or female you wouldn't feel 1000 times more comfortable living in a western country?

Honestly mate, the only thing western society has done is disguise the underlying BS christian fundamentalists propaganda oozing within our civilized laws. Its 2015 and my gay hairdresser still cant get fucking married yeah. So while the imminent threat of death for our gay and female friends is not something western countries have to worry about, the threat to quality of life is still slapping us in the face. I sometimes cant tell which is worse.

Its 2015 and if a woman gets raped its a good chance its her fault... apparently

its 2015 and a woman still gets paid less for the same work than her male colleagues.

Its 2015 and we still run Aboriginals out of town

Its 2015 and a woman cant get an abortion in some states unless it is for medical reasons...

Edited by shroomau5
  • Like 1

Its 2015 and if a woman gets raped its a good chance its her fault... and she will get stoned to death for it.

its 2015 and a woman still gets paid less for the same work than her male colleagues is not allowed to work at all and must rely on her family / husband chosen for her by her family for survival.

Its 2015 and we still run Aboriginals out of town. people are killed or enslaved for being different.

Its 2015 and a woman cant get an abortion in some states unless it is for medical reasons... will probably get stoned to death for even considering getting an abortion.

there is no death penalty for homosexual acts in law in uganda at the moment, and the law you have referred to is currently considered invalid.

also if you want a competition between between religions on which is the most barbaric islam will win hands down

Stu, If the information I have relied upon when making that statement is incorrect then I accept that, I won't edit the post for continuity.

Competition is what makes the hate in the first place.

Today Islam is fanatically barbaric in some respects, 1000 years ago the crusades and Christians were considered the same.

My point is not to purport any religions or countries laws or beliefs.

Outright damning of anyone or thing, construct or not is negatively decisive and is what causes issues.

Some conflicts go too deep and have gone for too long to ever find a resolution, idea is to just get along and deal with it, easy to write, impossible to do.

• Like 2

Its 2015 and if a woman gets raped its a good chance its her fault... and she will get stoned to death for it.

its 2015 and a woman still gets paid less for the same work than her male colleagues is not allowed to work at all and must rely on her family / husband chosen for her by her family for survival.

Its 2015 and we still run Aboriginals out of town. people are killed or enslaved for being different.

Its 2015 and a woman cant get an abortion in some states unless it is for medical reasons... will probably get stoned to death for even considering getting an abortion.

Im fully aware of the brutality over in some countries. My point being, death and torture is not always the worst thing that can happen to somebody.

most crimes in all countries are unreported.

many live in bondage, this will always be.

we as a society continue to kill and enslave the indigenous population of this country - a silent genocide.

abortion is a decisive subject everywhere.

Im fully aware of the brutality over in some countries. My point being, death and torture is not always the worst thing that can happen to somebody.

What is worse than torture and death? Just curious..

• Like 1

What is worse than torture and death? Just curious..

Being maimed or the mental issues that stem from brutality.

I'd welcome death after such things.

• Like 1

Escaping the brutality of your country of birth to start over in a foreign country only to discover that hateful xenophobes catch the same train you do. Being vilified for the clothes you wear, the food you eat and the colour of your skin. Coming out to your family and they never speak to you again.. Getting raped and some dickhead says it was because of your short skirt... dunno mate I have never died. Cant be all that bad. Nobody ever complains

Edited by shroomau5
  • Like 2

Being vilified for the clothes you wear, the food you eat and the colour of your skin

given a choice i think i'd rather this than having my balls electrocuted, just saying

• Like 1

Escaping the brutality of your country of birth to start over in a foreign country only to discover that hateful xenophobes catch the same train you do. Being vilified for the clothes you wear, the food you eat and the colour of your skin. Coming out to your family and they never speak to you again.. Getting raped and some dickhead says it was because of your short skirt... dunno mate I have never died. Cant be all that bad. Nobody ever complains

Actually, I have come out to my family and they haven't been easy about it. Lucky I wasn't a teen and thrown out on to the street. There is other stuff. Lifelong abuse is something I appreciate a great deal and something which is pretty bloody awful.

But I can only imagine how much worse it would be if there was no-one you could talk to about it, and if you tried to be yourself the fear of being killed for doing so. Falling in love with someone you know could get you both killed. Being raped, and being terrified of telling someone because the chances are they will have you killed for being unfaithful. The sheer, constant fear of being in an abusive society that is so inimical to your own wellbeing that it is almost impossible to speak out against because doing so may result in maiming or death.

Lifelong abuse is a form of torture. It is worth fighting against.

But facing death isn't so easy. Even facing death by your own hands. Should I commit suicide because I am gay and face lifelong abuse?

I've been there. The only reason I didn't is because I am scared of physical pain. Scared I might be making a mistake, scared that there might be hope yet and I don't know it. When I was younger, I was terrified of HELL. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that terror. That terror of something even more awful than what I was already suffering, kept me suffering. A form of emotional torture that can only be imagined by those who suffer the same.

So yeah, I know the effects of long term abuse, know suicide very well (I've recently had an attempt by someone very close to me, and 3 other friends of friends have actually done it within the last 6 months, as well as attempting it myself).

Abusive societies must be stopped.

I will oppose them in the best way I can, if that amounts to arguing on an internet forum for the most part, then so be it.

:)

as flawed as our society is i'm grateful to live in it. issues like these are openly debated. gay marriage is about to become legitimised in one of the catholic capitals of the world, and the issues keeps rearing it's head in the USA, here in australia. i'm not going to yammer on with examples. my point is that we are a progressive society, admit it begrudgingly if you must but don't deny it.

what hope does a religious society have when their highest authority is some ridiculous ancient scrawl. i've got a recycled, embossed scroll with pictures of frogs on it i'd sooner seek guidance from.

at least hateful sentiments and even hateful laws can be changed.

hateful doctrine is forever, as long as it has followers.

• Like 5

Pimento, what I would like to point out (and it is difficult for me to express because I'm not good in english) is that you are very quick to judge and condemn people that think differently from you. Isn't this the essence of fascism ?

This is a worrying trend in my opinion, I don't see much differences between fascism and anti-fascism today.

• Like 1

Pimento, what I would like to point out (and it is difficult for me to express because I'm not good in english) is that you are very quick to judge and condemn people that think differently from you. Isn't this the essence of fascism ?

If standing up for what i believe is right is fascism then I'm a fascist.

if this is your interpretation of my attitude in a second language for you Mauve then I reckon you have a valid point. if you are not good at english and are reading these posts and feeling that I judge and condemn, then i will pull my head in a bit and be more considerate of others rights and beliefs.

I agree with Whitewind, "abusive societies must be stopped and I will oppose them the best way I can"

In my case a bit more politely..........

Edited by pimento
  • Like 4

hateful doctrine is forever, as long as it has followers.

Its no longer cool for the Christians to crucify pagans in the street or commit genocide in the name of god so I guess hateful doctrine can change.

Actually they are still committing genocide in west africa but at least they stopped burning them on the cross.

... but the doctrine HASN'T changed. trends in it's interpretation and implementation have changed, leading to the rise and fall of killing in the name of god, and then the church lost much of it's power and influence.

thank god for that.

i believe the advent and popularisation of science provided the possibility for having an alternative stance, and probably the spread of revolutionary ideas from france. now we are still free to mix and match, but france is facing the possibility of an oppressively muslim future.

what hope does a religious society have when their highest authority is some ridiculous ancient scrawl.

You just described most of the western world. Founded by Christians Dominated by Christians, that STILL base laws on a ridiculous ancient scrawl

... but the doctrine HASN'T changed. trends in it's interpretation and implementation have changed, leading to the rise and fall of killing in the name of god, and then the church lost much of it's power and influence.

thank god for that.

i believe the advent and popularisation of science provided the possibility for having an alternative stance, and probably the spread of revolutionary ideas from france. now we are still free to mix and match, but france is facing the possibility of an oppressively muslim future.

So if the doctrine has not changed but the Christians have changed are you saying that there is no hope of a muslim to change? Im confused to what you are saying mate.

I can still read all that hateful doctrine in the bible. Its still there unchanged.

Edited by shroomau5