The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subaeruginosin

Drinking Methylated Spirits

^ yeh but wait until getting pissed and doing nothing gets supremely fucking boring, and starts to ruin your health . . when trying to have fun doing it becomes like squeezing an empty lemon . . i know a number people who have expressed a similar sentiment, but using alcohol to regulate your emotions is a cold and lonely path mate . . physiologically, you're 100x better to be a heroin addict, alcohol smashes your body worse than most things . so just a heads up. and stop being a rude cunt. stop posting in general. fix your life you idiot.

Get some elemi essential oil and some emu oil, take 6 drops of elemi with equal parts emu and rub in the crook of your arms, spend the next 6 hours feeling trippy.

Essential oils are definitely a cost effective inebriant. Nutmeg, Elemi, Clove, Lemon. Sounds like you need a good reboot to me, though. I'd move, get new friends, a new job, and start fresh if I were you.

This is a far superior drink to meths. The wankers don't buy it because they can't afford it.

post-4739-33239_thumb.jpg

LOL.. my god, where do they come from.. =p

I've heard if you drink enough of it, you could win a darwin award. That'll look great up there next to all the empty "wild turkey" bottles =)

Think you can get above 96-98% by distilling. but need to do so over drying salts. This person (thats him there..) needs to eat good food and loose the wild turkey.. Bet you'd feel so good, you wouldnt even think of drinking that rubbish. Talk about give cannabis a bad name when the issue is obviously alcohol and poor diet.. shame.

Harm reduction like Anodyne. Roopey put the bigger picture perfectly. But for now...

Firewater is a better option, and quite likely even cheaper.

You can buy electric bench top stills for $100 delivered from eBay. May be listed as water distillers, they do 4L batches which if you start with 10% ethanol mash will get you 1L of 40% booze. They are perfect for the lazy, although you will get a somewhat rough product it's nowhere near as rough as bitrex.

Dextrose and yeast are cheap, and there are even cheaper options if you want to put more work into it, as unlikely as that sounds. Check out your local home brew shop for supplies and advice getting started, if you get a cheap electric still the equivalent retail model is a Still Spirits brand "Air Still". You should be able to get started for $100+$20 or so if you've got some buckets with lids around, 7 days until your first drink. If you're handy and can assemble a still yourself you might be able to do it with scrap copper pipe for next to nothing.

Don't drink methylated spirits regardless of brand, the list of permissable denaturants is as long as your arm and the MSDSs are written such that they can change them at any time without having to notify anyone. I've used both lab grade denatured alcohol and methylated spirits as solvents and there's no doubt in my mind that metho contains some questionable shit.

People manage to poison themselves with spirits they've made in home made stills too. It's quite common in Bali with some of the shit they sell to tourists up there.

The first liquid that comes out of the still (the head) consists of the lighter fractions such as methanol which must be discarded or used for something other than drinking.

The last liquid to come off the still (the tails) is called fusel oil & consists of isopentyl alcohol and 2-methyl-1-butanol and a few other chems which won't kill you but they will make you feel sick the next day. The fusel oils probably aren't much good for your liver either.

I leave for a few months and now were down to drinking metho

Bigmargaredtini

1 part metho

2 parts windex

5 parts hand sanitizer

3 parts detol

shake and pour into a glass with ajax insted of salt.

Did you know hand sanitizer is about 80% ethanol

"Did you know hand sanitizer is about 80% ethanol". So is diggers metho. And it's about the only product they make that has no mineral oil in it.

If you leave urine to sit for a while it gets that ammonia-eye watering quality about it. Literally you could be drinking piss and getting some sort of buzz from it, and certainly if you have a significant bout of drinking grog the night before there should be some sort of remaining alcohol to recycle too. :lol:

That shit is sustainability in effect yo! :wink:

^ yeh but wait until getting pissed and doing nothing gets supremely fucking boring, and starts to ruin your health . . when trying to have fun doing it becomes like squeezing an empty lemon . . i know a number people who have expressed a similar sentiment, but using alcohol to regulate your emotions is a cold and lonely path mate . . physiologically, you're 100x better to be a heroin addict, alcohol smashes your body worse than most things . so just a heads up. and stop being a rude cunt. stop posting in general. fix your life you idiot.

sub, you've gone most of your life without abusing alcohol, why embrace it now?

if you can't be dissuaded, at least consider drinking moderate quantities.

sub, you've gone most of your life without abusing alcohol, why embrace it now?

if you can't be dissuaded, at least consider drinking moderate quantities.

I don't know. As much as love the erb, it just seems to give me a panic attack every time these days. Not in my mind so much, just gives me chest pains til I get paranoid I'm having a heart attack. It was ever since I smoked a large cone of code black with no tolerance (thinking it would be mild), I was convinced I was going to die right there on the floor.

Benzo's and opiates suck, I just find them boring, they take the life right out my eyes.

But alcohol, knocks a few IQ points of ya for few hours and makes you ignorantly bliss and sleep like a baby, which seems to work for everyone else. Having morals are all well and good, but I'm starting to learn they don't make you happy.

Anyway........... I need to look into getting into the whole home brewing thing I think. Beers awesome, you can slam it down all day without losing your shit. Not really interested in distilling some feral tasting spirits, you do have to enjoy actually drinking it.

Seriously, I was just drunk and curious asking about the metho. To be honest, I can't even take shots of wild turkey down easily, without a bottle of water to drink after each shot. Unless I'm already drunk, then it goes down easy.

i'm not sure why you cite morals as the reason not to drink. it's a dangerous, addictive, harmful drug and sometimes brings unpredictable results, like alienating people when you behave like an asshat, getting mugged or bashed, run over, arrested, lose your phone/wallet or just discovering hectic unexplained injuries.

there is no rule that you have to use at least one drug. or, as i mentioned before, alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation.

I wont lie...in a moment of insanity I took a mouthful of metho attempting to fire breathe (showing of to a hot chick at a camp. No thats not true.. It was a mate) and I can tell you that your mouth dries up and your teeth feel like the enamel has stripped off. You will instantly want to spit it out and you will always remember it as one of your dumb moments.

Also there have been cases of shops getting busted selling chilled metho for people who want to drink it.. It was a few years ago. But that said my local corner store wont stock it on the shelf.. You have to ask for it and its up to their discretion if they sell it to you.

^ Local corner store ? - I remember them, back in the day before the corporate juggernauts steamrolled them.

Do you seriously still have a corner store or was that a tale from the past ?

Around my district the corners stores are all vacant and derelict.

lol seriously we have 2 in our suburb. one i dont go to because the dont sell boxes of tally hos and they are rude.

you always see the owners at woolies with a few juniors pushing trollies buying up all the coke, chips and dunny paper on sale then selling it back to us at 1000% markup for our convenience of course

My v8 chews that much petrol its less expensive to walk 5 mins to shop for ciggaretes than it is to drive 5 mins to supermarket. Fukin' v8s!

Go the bush champagne....

some metho soaked Doryphora sassafras & lemonade....

Cant remember the amounts as I lost way too many brain cells.....

Actually Ive never tried it but that combo came from some old bushman I meet.

I think he was blind & kinda yellow skinned with wee the colour of mud....

But he seemed happy!

Although when I lived in the cross I had a very interesting night talking with some misplaced fellas from up north on holiday visiting family.

they were into metho & red cordial... something about the red cordial helped make it more palatable...I might be colour blind though - it might have been green but red is a much more vibrant colour...but then something about hanging out with the little things you find in the club scene helped me go there.Very interesting night. Fascinating night & insight.I was worried about smoking too many ciggies....

Ive still got the garlands from the Islands they gave me....Empathy.

Go figure!

Yep, don't fire breath with that shite as someone else posted above...I tried that once trying to impress some girl in England who's dad was in duran duran... lucky they had a cellar full of moet & chandon champagne.... we used the moet as a mouth wash... I dont know what was worse!! So many tangents right there...

Possibly the best & worst kiss of my life as I had no taste buds left... but then again Ive never had a filling....

Subaerg...., Ive just read your last 2 threads & you really should just pack up & move the fuck on...Run away into the unknown, leave that shite behind (if you can deal with your own demons or not - as time will let you deal with your demons) Embrace shite.

In 3 months youll thanks yourself for it! Ive had to do it a few times & life just gets better & more settled. Have the balls to do it, you wont regret it...The best years are still to come .& stop blaming anyone, just move on with your life!

sub has displayed some behaviors and attitudes highly suspect of advanced mental/emotional illness, all you have to do is report him, or ignore him.

instead we have a thread of people making jokes about him being raped in prison, and people ("jokingly") trying to convince him to drink/consume lethal poisons in an effort to silence him, when he is clearly in some existential crisis, and at risk of highly self-destructive behaviors.

some standard teenage cyber-bullying stuff here, and we all know what the consequences of that can be.

this is just another blow to the image i used to have as a kid of the psychedelic community being loving and accepting, or at least in some way more progressive then regular society.

sub, you really should retract your statement about that user being female, seek psychological help and get out of your environment/this forum. I don't think the people in your 'hick town' or the people here (whom you have offended) are going to be a positive influence in your life.

when he is clearly in some existential crisis, and at risk of highly self-destructive behaviors.

he's not, he's trolling and has admitted so on several occasions

Yep trolling. And mentaly retarded.

Go subby go go go.