The Corroboree
emcat

Eating A. muscaria?

what a bunch of mean old cretins that clearly have nothing better to do than go round ...harassing people.

there's a law against that here and cops are not immune to it.

-glad they have a much more sensible approach to fly agarics in my cuntree..

I will have to enjoy them for ya ;)

to be honest they're not that good (defo not good enough to be banned)

and ive never had a dunt off em ,

-in 10 years of trying..

*saves you[anyone where its stupidly banned] the effort*

tastes like um .. kinda mustard roast beef when smoken, and creates a slight additional moisture level in your mouth ... which can be useful to counteract anything that would cause dry mouth..

that's about it.

oh yeah , they seem to make ya really fkn clever for about[edit- 3 months to the day]...

(enjoyed constant daily use for about 3 months till got bored)

even under constant immense outside pressures... that was pretty cool

post-14443-0-61257100-1432562985_thumb.j

http://www.ambrosiasociety.org/files/herbofimmortality.pdf

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Remember the A.muscaria from Oberon in the 80's. First time picked quite a few and boiled them up in a pot of water for about an hour. About 6 of us drank the water. Tasted bitter, sulfury and horrible. We all threw up. Projectile vomiting. Hard to hit the toilet bowl because it tends to hit the wall behind.

We all tripped after that. Much more dreamy than psilocybe mushrooms. Nice visuals. After that it was only me and another bender who got into them dried. Drier they are the more effective.

Still produced vomiting in big fosages. Didn't matter though because it was great throwing up.

Tasted like rasberry jam coming out.

Even one heaped tablespoon of dried chopped material (just caps) had an effect. Half a cupfull was powerful. Dreamy floating on air feeling.

Bit like morphine in big doses. Would go into the visuals then fall asleep and fly.

Smoking the skin off the caps dried in joints was pretty weak. Never had any visuals.

Eating it dried could get people really out of it.

Was watching s fellow having a phone conversation with his iron. He picked it up and was talking away to a woman we both knew. She must have been talking back because it went on for a while. Funny enough he had just been ironing so I don't know why he didn't feel the heat.

He put it down and I had to ask him who it was he was talking to. He told me. I told him he was talking to his iron. The shocked look on his face was priceless.

Psilocybin mushrooms have less residual effect. A big fly agaric dose can make people feel quite weird for a couple of days.

Think they used to call them the belladona mushrooms bevause they were used as an antidote in the old days for tropane alkaloid poisoning. Muscimol sure has nothing in common with datura.

Its good but best to work your way up in increments. Try one heaped tablespoon very dry. Then do two and so on. It always tasted fairly noxious to me. I'd mix it yoghurt to try and get it down but that yuck taste would still be the

• Like 3

Amanitas have been classed by some as deliriants, but there are few reports to suggest this. Besides, you need a sitter to tell the story of a wild break-through experience, as the tripper will probably remember few stuff.

A.muscaria contains traces to little muscarine, which is what is the antidote for tropane poisoning and which is what probably causes oversalivation and stomach pain in some people...

It seems the species varies around the globe. Muscarine content probably varies too..

re>> dosing

dried material is vague... material from both stems and caps can have as low as half the potency of the same weight of caps material! This is coming from a japanese scientific paper analysizing contents ot ibotenic acid and muscimole in different parts of the mushroom..

Edited by mutant

Always had a soft spot for the poem by Euripides called the Bachae. Remember the speculation by Allegro in Sacred mushroom and the cross that the Dionysus cult was based on the fly agaric.

The book saying they were the Belladona mushrooms was a Modern herbal written by Grieves back in about 1930 when they thought Amanita muscaria contained muscarine.

So thanks for clearing that up for me mutant about why they called them belladona mushrooms.

Those maenads seemed pretty violent. Hardly how I felt after taking them.

• Like 1

no problem... I read up my fair bit back when I was first experimenting...

my single breakthrough experience was wonderful... dunno why I didn't try to replicate it since.

• Like 1

I agree about it being hard to remember things after a good dosage. I never ate more than half a cup of chopped dried caps. The time that I did the only thing I remember was that walking was like floating. I was laying down most of the time seeing colours and feeling so out of it.

I had divided the dose up eating just a spoonful first. Half an hour later I ate the rest.

A neighbour came over. The first portion started to kick in. I was surprised how strong it was. He left and the bigger portion started coming on

I thought oh no I've overdone it because I felt that out of it and really disoriented. Even after throwing up numerous times which is when I had to get up and float to the toilet it didn't subside.

It was strong but pleasant somehow. I think the dreaminess is what appealed to me.

My memory is bad. The Bacchae by Euripides was a play. The parts I liked.best in it read like a poem though.

oh yea the dreaminess! it just turns you into a pro dream-0-naut. Like conscious dreaming.

It felt like strong and gentle for me...

In a way it was strong but was screaming about it... its a dissociative (anesthetic) after all

had 50 grow around a birch tree this year. they put on a display for a over a month.

in first flush, there was a dozen in a 4 square meter area. after that they poped up

all around the tree.

A. muscariaat

• Like 4

you could even try to make a time lapse video if you're near to the spot when they;re fruiting

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

Pretty photo.

Mutant what do you think about the notion that Santa Claus is A.muscaria?

I think if that was the case the reindeer would be running the other way. They'd be stampeding the sled to have a bite of Santa.

• Like 1

some 20 years ago me and some friends were making up jokes about santa and his reindeer.. one of the best laughing sessions ever...

I haven't really read up a lot about amanita muscaria symbolism and I really dont read a lot about symbolism.. I dont really get symbolism, so its not really my cup of tea.. Some people say that Coca Cola logo is the Santha Klaus, and this makes better sense seeing how xmas is a celebration of consumerism basically..

anyhow, I know some people tend to see mushrooms religions/cults in any object (man made or a natural sculpture) that resembles a mushroom.. I am more sceptical and realist. And since most people haven't figured out how to use amanitas and what they do, whats the point in searching the deeper meaning of amanitas past, like supposed links of amanitas with christianity even!

But I do tend to believe amanita muscaria is the Soma.

There is a tree of life painting that looks like a bunch of A.muscarias coming from the one stem.

In the book that showed it the authors say it's just a stylised tree. I have seen it in those 'soma' kaleidascopes too many times for it to be coincidence.

I am a bit of a fan of symbology in mysticism. It is like having an alchemical formula. The symbols actually are a means to obtain a result.

I was told not to be hooked up on them but I have seen tangible results.

Soma may have a few different fungi guises.

I could suggest some candidates. Trouble is they don't have a name yet.

It is funny how thr Rig veda is supposed to mention the name soma that many times.

A phrase like .....pissed the sweet soma... sure does suggest A.muscaria to me.

like I have said, I have read wasson and mckenna and some other on the matter, but not John alegro.

in any case its propably one of the most beautiful mushrooms of the forest!

Hard to walk past. I read something posted on a thread of mine about A.muscaria that went something like you need a cast iron stomach and there's no way of telling what the reaction will be. It could be violent as well.

The violence bit mystifies me. I found them opiate like relaxing dreamy etc. The only violence I could see was the way I projectile vomited.

The stuff about berserkers was supposed to not be A.muscaria so I read.

No one I know who has taken them ever felt violent.

A guy that took them in South Australia said the ones he and others tried there made them want to dance. He said the Oberon ones didn't make him feel like that. I know there are regional differences in effect.

Any tales from your part of the world that support the violent reaction.

• Like 1

no, none violence, but we never took much, mostly mid doses

and we even did a couple times along alcohol...

I would never get along with a violent crowd

I dont believe violence has anything to do with drugs

there are just people with violent tendencies

what I know is: if you take the dose quickly, even if its a MID dose, the effect and stimulation are more intense..

I have felt like dancing while on it, when I took it quickly, stimulant like... I felt a bit like this in my breakthrough, but it was soon more bodily......

and since this is supposed to take more time to take effect than most natural inebriants,it can be understandable that if one takes a big dose at once, then with such a rich and strange inebriant, you can imagine lots of stuff can happen... one can sleep for 15 hours... one can go on a rage.... the first part of the experience would most likely be stimulation and celebrative, dance mentality, but maybe someone could rage during this first stage

cannot tell, but definately there some stimulation of the first part of the experience, before going anesthetic

it depends so much in the dose

but there's plenty of potential for body moving inconsciously... so a SITTER IS NECESSARY as accidents are possible...

while on my breakthrough, this will always remember,

and while I am lying, I 'wake up' standing looking the fire... I stood up and walked to the fire without me deciding or noticing.. that was something... and also showing the dangers that can occur...

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

Thanks for the great answer mutant.

I remember running up a street talking to a friend as if it was nothing. We got to the top of the hill and laughed. I felt that light like I could fly.

The house I had been in was 2km away.

All I remembered was waking up on the living room floor with a vision of a glowing A.muscaria in front of my eyes. The colours were coming up from the base of it like tadpoles then when they hit the cap they would radiate out with a glowing scarlet light. There were blue colours mixed in with red. It looked beautiful.

I sat up and the other guy sat up at the same time and looked at me.

I remember floating out the door talking about Katoomba to him and then we were there in town laughing because we were just in the house a moment before.

Didn't matter then because I don't think anything would have mattered. So yes I guess accidents and even violence could happen in such a state of being so unconscious. Except for the nausea and the duration of the trip I think they were okay.

Prefer psilocybes only because I'm too much of a control freak. I know whats going to happen to my body on psilocybin mushrooms. A.muscaria it's a guess. Who knows?