The Corroboree
Brendo

Comedy / comedians

What?? noone mentioned Monty Pythons? Love all their work, including most of it that didn't came as Pythons work, like f.e. A fish called Wanda (what a film!) and Eric the Viking... Not many know that Fear and loathing in Las Vegas was directed by the only US Python member, Terry Gilliam, a film that works better as a psychedelic comedy with a meaning, rather than a stoner film. Best works: "the holy grail" , "Life of brian" , "meaning of life". The first seasons of the FLying circus are pretty amazing too.

Also often missed is the comedy , darker and surreal by definition, of master director Louis Bunuel... Works as Viridiana, Simon of the desert, The discreet charm of bourgoisie and even Exterminating Angel feature some of the most sarcastic material of this amazing and important director.

Of course I will have to mention two of my fave animations South Park and Futurama - Simposons the movie was pretty awesome too!

I am not really actor oriented, rather genre and director oriented..

absolutely love carlin... and hicks, but carlin is the king, the best of the best IMHO.

Lewis CK is okay .. dont really like old-school stand up, not that I have seen much...

any recommendations for good intellectuall / extreme stand up is really welcome... any good ozzies?

I also like Steve Martin :) LA story must be the most fucking awesome and nostalgic romantic comedy.. and I am not particularly inclined in the genre, even though I thought As good as it gets with Jack Nicholson was pretty ace at that too.

How could I forget? I absolutely love the early works of Almodovar. The dude is simply amazing in his first two decades, doing many extravagant comedies or awesomely crafted blends of drama and comedies. Films like Kika or Labyrith of passion and many more are surely worthy of seeking! one of a kind director!

very cool black comedy / compilation of short films with a dark comedic twist is "wild tales" (2014) executive produced by aforementioned Almodovar.. Very cool film!

I have to include one of the finest dark comedies of all time , the danish "adams apples" , along with the directors other works "green butchers" and "flickering lights", but adams apples is the most awesome of the three IMO.

Also, the amazingly surreal "rubber" of 2010... clearly a love it or hate it film, I loved it, along with canadians directors other input ... miss the name now..

===

in the more twisted fun department

there's of course the ozzie masterpiece Bad boy bubby, Several of the early films of John Waters, not limited to the notorious Pink Flammingos, Todd Solondz's Happiness and Wellcome to the dollhouse

or even the more classic black comedies Eating Raoul, Death becomes her, The burbs a.o.

or the more femminist horror commedy oriented Teeth , or the awesome 1985 zombie comedy classic Return of the living dead

one of the most known horror comedies are Evil dead 2 (hand sequences) and the famous and much loved :Braindead of Peter Jackson, a splatter commedy horror masterpiece . Peter Jacksons early comedic horror material like Bad Taste or the Muppet show spoof were of the finest samples of lowbudget cinema with some serious talent behind..

Not so many know "Body Melt" , an ozzie gem from 1993, a satire masked as a horror film...

the list could be really long here..

I suppose I like crossovering genres (both in music I like it) so I am not really into straightforward comedy.

I even have a "multi-genre masterpieces" directory in my film collection..

Have fun!

• Like 3

Allready been said but carl barron is classy.

And someone also said will anderson... when his high as a kite. Thats when hes spitting on the front row of his audience. Hes a pissa.

Funny movie oldie but goodie "hear no evil, see no evil. Good laughs can be had!

Oh and of course jimeoin forgot how to spell jimowen? My personal fav dont know how that skipped my mind actually.

Edited by wert

Anyone watch Louie ?

CK? yeah I mentioned it but I mispelled it

hale & pace

Edited by glimpse
  • Like 1

Pablo francisco . .they put it out there ...

Monty Python

George Carlin

Shaun Micallef

Arj Barker

Stephen K Amos

Paul Mc Dermott

Tim Mitchim

Stephen Fry

Hugh Laurie

Rowan Atkinson

Judith Lucy

Hannah Gatsby

Jon Stewart

John Oliver

Stephen Colbert

Robin Williams

Ricky Gervais

Dylan Moran

Bill Bailey

Jerry Seinfeld

Larry David

the Chasers War On Everything

Edited by tangled
  • Like 1

I cannot believe will Anderson is mentioned in this thread.

Worlds most unfunny human being,-ever.

I would pay to see shit run down a wall before I saw his show.

• Like 1

Anyone remember milo Kerrigan the ex boxer from the fast forward skit? I remember as a child I used to laugh until my ribs where injured. That was Shaun macaulef? (Spelling?)

If so that was the best thing he's ever done.

Early 90's fast forward was hilarious well it seemed so back then.

• Like 2

Yeah that was Shaun Micallef

fast forward/full frontal was very funny

• Like 1

Yep there where some extremely funny people on that show. Michelle and ferret? Magda was on fire, what was that chubby pimply German girl she did? That was insane- not the news reporter the other, hideous one.

• Like 1

bill hicks is an obvious one. louis ck as he's just so damn morbid.

dont know if they would strictly be classed as "comedians" but kevin smith and jason mewes, so fucking good. if you havnt already checked out smodco, jay and silent bob get old is a pretty good start http://smodcast.com/channels/jay-silent-bob-get-old%C2'> :wink:

coming to australia this year too!

Jay and silent bob, coming to Australia!?

http://seesmod.com/australia/ sep 18-26 :o

already got tickets, can not wait!

Edited by brooa
  • Like 1

I get a laugh from Bill Burr

did we mention Bill Muray and the wonderfully funny and sweet Groundhog day ?