The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
doxneed2c-me

The Perfect Plant Markers!

I was doing some laundry when I found a plastic collar stiffener (also called a "stay") in the dryer. I thought to myself that there would potentially be the perfect plant markers for indoor pots. What do people think? Next question is for someone who likes this idea is where can we find cheap ones?

I guess most places I check are pretty cheap but what are the cheapest and has free shipping! Well after checking e-bay it seems you can get some for $0.015 each.

Edited by doxneed2c-me

I understand recycling things to get free gardening equipment, but if you're going to buy something new, why not just buy real plant tags? :scratchhead: They're only ~2c each if you buy bulk (like these), and have the advantages of being made of UV-resistant plastic, and having a rough surface which holds writing much better than smooth plastics.

If you really want to save money, 2L milk bottles are often made of rough-textured plastic - you can cut several dozen tags from one bottle. Scratching the names onto aluminium strips cut from drink cans is another idea I've seen - it takes longer, but the tags last pretty much forever, and can be buried at the edge of the pots without the letters rubbing off.

• Like 2

If you really want to save money, 2L milk bottles are often made of rough-textured plastic

currently my goto pots, plus use the top to make your labels or just write it on the side, by the time the plant is ready for transplanting the pots ready to ditch

• Like 1

currently my goto pots, plus use the top to make your labels or just write it on the side, by the time the plant is ready for transplanting the pots ready to ditch

omg thanks that's a great idea

i'm about to start planting out a lot of grafts i've done...

I can use half cut 3L milk bottles and use the milk crate to hold them in!

We have deposits on plastic milk bottles here so if you return them you get your deposit back.

I have ordered some plant markers and a tailor is giving me a bunch of collar stays which he has lying around so I will compare the two.