The Corroboree
Gimli

eBay/Gumtree finds

Holy smokin' Toledos

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trichocereus-Tulhuayacensis-Cactus-Cutting-Very-Rare-Collectors-Plant/332639188976?hash=item4d72d737f0:g:Rz0AAOSw1LRa6qYV

Does anyone know who's selling this?

OK I know this won't go cheap so Right now I'm looking for someone to go halves with me. We'll go 50% on everything Price, postage, The cut itself, everything! 

50% right down the line. PM me if you're keen as i am.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 3

There is absolutely no way this is Trichocereus Tulhuayacensis and neither is my plant which i'm certain is identical.

Funny synchronicity,  we were talking about that on another forum and someone made a great case which I'll try to sum up.

My advice is do not buy dried cactus, it's a liability. You buy live cacti because you like the flowers and they're cool plants, but if you buy dried chips it's pretty obvious what you intend on doing with them and there's not much you can defend yourself on.

People in the US have caught charges for that before, shroomery users even.

More importantly, if you enjoy the ability to grow Trichos legally, buying & selling those chips is asking for a crackdown honestly, it only brings unwanted attention. It's our responsibility as a community to keep this accepted as a horticultural hobby.

Not only that, but depending on where those chips are sourced from it could encourage overharvesting in south america like mimosa, if that became common practice.

And with the quantities on offer I wouldn't be surprised if it's imported, takes like 50kg fresh to make 1kg of chips.

Edit: damn and he's got lophs too, now there's no doubt it's either imported or a trap

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 3

^ I dont know how easy you think it is to import internationally into Australia (literally one of the hardest). Especially kilograms of organic matter from where? Likely 'The Americas' (HOT HOT HOT area).

If you are successfully importing kilograms of organic matter, you'd make sure its benign powder containing at least 80% of one of the following things: (heroin, ice, cocaine, mdma, ketamine etc etc) not some suspect bags of green shit containing 1% mescaline. Hes flogging the KG's for cheap too, you wouldn't risk lengthy imprisonment for a couple hundred dollars a KG, for your kilos you'd be wanting to make a couple hundred thousand. Its not like customs are going to find it, and read the label 'incense' and allow it in. Its plant matter from OS...  No easier or less scrutinized to import than a brick of chaz, harder in fact, would take up more space as its less dense.  Maybe unless they figure out its mescal containing though the consequences would be much less severe.

It could be Aussie Gardeners, not importing (not breaking the law), and not ingesting (swallowing) anything from the cactus. Material grown domestically (like tanning barks) sold for purposes other than propagation or consumption, e.g. incense and tanning/dyes, meat smoking. If this were true it'd mean what was for sale would be known ethical grown & harvested (no wild outcrops anywhere in aus) vs these barks going around that could be potentially raped from the wild, even though they all try to tell you the trees are plantation harvested.

I wouldn't say its an international importer.

- It might be a scammer selling powdered cereus as powdered loph.
- It could be also a scammer taking your payment, and ordering from an international seller to your doorstep, and when you get a knock from customs/AFP then its your issue, not his...
- It could be a legit Aussie Tricho grower growing for incense production, maybe hes trying to pass powdered TBM as powdered LOPH, who knows? The chips look like chips, I doubt the peyote would be in full/sliced dried form though, that one is nearly too good to be true.

Is the production and trade of trichocereus/cactus based incenses, made domestically still illegal?
Is it considered a 'preparation' therefore illegal? Even if human consumption of this 'preparation' was never the intention?

Edited by Skellum
spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gimli said:

Occasionally we see listings with funny descriptions.

This is not one of them

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/trichocereus-bridgessii-TBMC-Authentic-TBMC/202364817440?hash=item2f1de21020:g:Rq4AAOSwzcpbQ2a0

That is crazy price and someone actually bid on that one! Funny advert as well I might add. Thanks for sharing.

I was just about to post that here, yeh fairly pricey but what a salesman lol

It's blatant false advertising to call it 'Trichocereus cereus'.

If he sells it, it will ONLY be to some poor noob who has been openly tricked.  Very poor form IMO

Edited by Halcyon Daze

Yeah I think things are getting a bit crazy...

Screenshot_20180906-175557.thumb.png.b0a52021f242095c0552b132e579501a.png

edit: wow what were the odds I take the screenshot at exactly 5:55 & 55 seconds

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 1