The Corroboree
Gimli

eBay/Gumtree finds

my name is Cheezelburger on ebay

I sell cactus mostly

Recently i was contacted by rsch99933 an account on ebay that had bought some cactus from me in October

rsch99933's real name i notice is very close to a new member on here.

rsch99933 stated in the first message i received a week ago that they had not received their cactus that they bought.

Being a power seller on ebay with perfect ratings this was of great concern to me so i contacted the person and told them i was happy to refund or supply replacement plants and to let me know what they had bought

at the time i was not adding tracking numbers to sales, of which i am now to prevent circumstances such as this

rsch99933 responded to my message with links to the item numbers of the plants they had bought.

I then messaged the person again with options to either refund or replace the plants.

i heard nothing until this afternoon....................

again i get a message form this person stating that it has been a month and a half and they have not received their cactus.

again i message this person and ask if they got my last message and offer them a only a refund this time as its obvious that they are not cooperating with due process etc...

i also ask this person to state their name so i can find the payment in paypal.

I get no response at all from any message thats constructive or that makes any effort to come to a resolution to this issue.

Then i get a message stating that what i have done is a 'poor effort dude' and that i have a bad reputation of face book as a cactus supplier and seller, lol

I then ring ebay to find out whats going on, they state that no payment was received and that i should ring paypal, so i ring paypal and they locate the payment and give me the persons name so i can find it in the invoice list.

We locate the payment and i have refunded the person in full as i think this is best.

for the record, i don't give a shit what a bunch of face book loonies think.

rsch99933 i have blocked you from my seller account as you are an uncooperative individual

i will refreign from writing your name that you have chosen to go by on The Corroboree as I'm a nice person and don't want to tarnish your future trades on here.

be warned though if you go around here or ebay with the attitude you have displayed you will find your self having issues with this and the ebay communities.

this is not Facebook....lol

manners and solutions are abound, i advise you to develop some and then just maybe you may have a smoother time about things.

end rant :)

EDIT - this transaction was a month and a half ago...... who lets a buy go on that long without notifying the seller that they haven't received their order???

and even more importantly as this transaction exceeds a 30 day period this person is unable to rate Cheezelburger.

this being the case the account Cheezelburger retains a perfect seller rating - haters gonna hate, lol

Edited by olive
  • Like 3

thanks Olive.

• Like 1

Olive, there was a thread on Facebook badmouthing you because of a couple of mislabelled plants. (Cereus Monstrose labelled as Trichocereus Monstrose, and i forget the other one). Knowing how absolutely awesome you have been in a few trades and your reputation thread in here, I am pretty sure the mislabelling was unintentional, or the consequence of you going through some chaotic times.

Anyways, the facebook thing was a bit of childish slander, there were one or two individuals who were dead set on publicly shitting on your name, I believe you were referred to as the spawn if satan himself. lol. For me, who only just joined SAB not long ago, it was easy to dismiss as gossip. Clearly there were some other SAB members who bought into the witch burning facebook rabble and decided to fuck around with you on eBay. Pretty shameful really.

• Like 1

Cheers Conv3rgence. :)

Spawn of Satan - nice, I'm proud of such a title...... :) :)

Gotta love how such perfect people are quick to condem others.

Personally I see the whole Facebook thing as the last vestige for those who have been booted off forums such as this and others or have been banned from eBay. That's just my opinion and if they can have there's I can have mine. :)

Especially interesting how the stories I hear of these people on Facebook are filled with thievery and selling garbage at top prices to unsuspecting collectors. Having traded with some of them before they got the boot from here or eBay I can attest to this fact.

Here's another Spawn of Satan mistake for the rabble to further persecute over -

In today's Trichocereus listings that will go off this arvo I have listed a J3.

In the title is states the plant is a J3, which it is - and I might add that this plant originates from a supurb grower and has awesome lineage.

However in the description of this most sought after clone it says it is a lutherburbank X.

Due to the fact that this plant has already been bid on (4 bids thus far) I am unable to edit the listing.

I don't like to take listings down once they have been bid on as this is unfair to the bidders (wonderful people that you are) and to the eBay process.

So I rung eBay this morning after I received a message from another wonderful person on here and eBay walked me through the process of adding a note to a listing, this I have done, the note states that the plant is a J3 and not a lutherburbank X.

It is very important to me that the listings are correct on eBay and as you have stated Conv3rgence when I made the mistake a few weeks ago when listing a cereus as a Trichocereus I was still very much addled and a bit loopy.

However I still managed to ensure everyone received their plants in good time and allways the postage method in which they have paid for.

I wonder if the perfect and godlike loopers on Facebook (Zed and Conv3rgence excluded) have noticed that this week I have listed a cereus hidermanius (the same type of plant mistakenly listed a few weeks ago) correctly, and I wonder if they have posted anything about that, I expect not........

Happy bidding everyone on Cheezelburgers listing, some great bargains to be had.

Rest assured knowing that you will receive exactly the plants you have bid on exactly posted with the postage method prescribed.

325 perfect seller ratings..........match that Facebook bitches. :)

• Like 2

I thought this was all over with?

Can we please keep it civil?

So did I.

Sure man, if you'd like me to edit anything please let me know

I didn't like writing any of it but the air needs to be cleared, I think this is important.

• Like 1

^^ from what ive seen on the facebook tricho groups, the Olive bashing has not stopped since it first started. no point naming names, but it would be nice if his mates told him to pull his head in line and stop acting like such an ass. it would be lovely if the ethnobotanical community could keep it civil, what ever happened to peace love and understanding....

I think he hit the nail on the head with "the whole Facebook thing as the last vestige for those who have been booted off forums"

Its a real shame that certain people feel the need to continue to spread their own personal hatred for another human being they dont even know.

Olives Ebay feedback speaks for itself, its quite clear he is a good trader. This has been proven time and time again.

What the talkers talk, the provers prove. Haters gonna keep on hating,

Sorry you have to keep getting dragged down by others peoples slander Olive, hold your head up high, no need to let them get to ya

• Like 3

^^ from what ive seen on the facebook tricho groups, the Olive bashing has not stopped since it first started. no point naming names, but it would be nice if his mates told him to pull his head in line and stop acting like such an ass. it would be lovely if the ethnobotanical community could keep it civil, what ever happened to peace love and understanding....

From what i noticed this is exactly what has happened. I havent seen anything lately (maybe a month or more) however please pm me if you know somthing i dont change.

This forum isnt ebay or facebook, however i will ALWAYS do what i can to keep the peace. It seems like people maybe are scratching open old wounds again.

• Like 1

From what i noticed this is exactly what has happened. I havent seen anything lately (maybe a month or more) however please pm me if you know somthing i dont change.

This forum isnt ebay or facebook, however i will ALWAYS do what i can to keep the peace. It seems like people maybe are scratching open old wounds again.

Perhaps its because I joined after the drama, but I can't see what you mean by this. If its my post that is 'scratching open old wounds' then I apologize and I can remove or edit it.

Lets get the thread back on topic, here are some bargains to be had at Facebook Trichocereus.

"Five Winds" Scopulicola

post-16827-0-78485100-1448083384_thumb.j

$200 Pachanoi rare cultivar, "PC"

post-16827-0-73113000-1448083400_thumb.j

post-16827-0-78485100-1448083384_thumb.jpeg

post-16827-0-73113000-1448083400_thumb.jpeg

post-16827-0-78485100-1448083384_thumb.jpeg

post-16827-0-73113000-1448083400_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

i cannot explain how much i do not miss FB, even just looking at the format of the site makes me cringe.

• Like 2

There has been very little on Facebook regarding what was said above, although I wasn't checking much whilst I was away recently....

But as much as facebook can suck if you use it wrong it can be alright if you set it up so you just get a constant stream of cactus with a dab of mushrooms and brugs thrown in the mix, then it's cool enough for what it is. Just avoid drama and don't be a dick, they're my easy rules for interacting on facebook. So facebook gives me a constant drip feed of random cactus pics and more in depth and meaningful discussions can be had on here. Plus you can get mushies and plants ID'd over there super fast due to the size of the user base in some groups, not so much for ethnobotany but just whatever.

I have met nice people from here and from facebook, and shit, most of us know that heaps of people are on both SAB and FB in some capacity anyway.

And yeah, from all my dealings Olive has always been great to trade with, we have both increased our tricho collections diversity very well. I have seen one or two misidentified plants of his, but with a collection his size and as I'm sure he'd tell you, only being into cactus hardcore in the recent years is completely understandable.

Anyway, back on with the sales! We've got you beat over here on bargains, Conv3rgence. :P

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/San-Pedro-Cactus-/181937312513?hash=item2a5c4f1301:g:NAQAAOSwA4dWKsB5

post-13830-0-35316600-1448083760_thumb.j

post-13830-0-35316600-1448083760_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-35316600-1448083760_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Here is a cute Myrio for the Variegate lovers

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272051370410?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

so sick of the sniping on ebay, it seems like know-one bids till the last 2 mins then things explode

Its a shame ebay doesn't run the auction along the lines of, the highest bidder must remain the highest bidder for 1 hour before the action closes, i feel this would make for a more accurate auction price and removed the sniping issue for both the sellers and buyers.

Edited by Change
  • Like 2

lol ski volcano.

Fuck it all. :)

It was Hillbilly though who first alerted me to the fact that I listed the cereus wrong.

So I can vouch for his keeping the peace ways. :)

I beleive his modship to be fair and honest and I respect him for this.

I also respect Change for his honesty and for keeping it real.

And Zedless cuz he is a true cactus whore, just like me.

I will be bidding on Sams plants offerings this week cuz they are beauties for sure!!!!!

• Like 1

the variagated astros go for some crazy money. i dont even look at them anymore they just break my heart lol

The Aussie Facebook page is great.. more about cactus and less about ego strokers..

• Like 1

My two bobs worth, having recently had the pleasure to meet Olive personally, I can honestly say he is one of the most generous guys I have ever met. I believe that any FB rants about this guy would be mostly based on jealousy, and if you have a problem with someone, sort it out privately, rather than being a keyboard warrior, Olive was going through a lot of shit when we first met, but he was still open and extremely helpful to a guy that is quite new to the whole cacti thing, (I have a serious case of Cacti Addiction) so if a plant or two were mislabeled on ebay (or whatever) a quick PM would be all that would be required to sort out any inadvertent mistake!

I believe as a community we should support each other, and not let insignificant mistakes create division amongst us!

Cheers Godiam.

• Like 1

they sure do. I still can't decide if i like variegated cacti. some look cool but i still get the feeling like its not helping the gene pool. *shrug idk what to think lol. but yea i don't facebook wast of time imo.

• Like 2

I have met many fantastic people on the Aus trich page. I only ever saw the one post that was originally to point out a mislabeled plant. It got a bit bitchy and the moderator/boss man who is super fair and does an awesome job put a stop to it fast. It's the only remotely negative thread I've come across in the maybe 3 months I have know of it. What's the FB feeds giving you mushroomy goodness Zed?!? That 500 buck PC sale was originally 400 bucks, it hasn't sold and the price was put up??! I don't know much about economics but if something ain't selling don't you usually drop the price :-/

• Like 2

Yep I posted a link to that on the 27 October for 400 bucks. I feel I should send him 10 bucks for effort.

• Like 1

they sure do. I still can't decide if i like variegated cacti. some look cool but i still get the feeling like its not helping the gene pool.

sometimes i think the same, but its also possible that by increasing the diversity among the species, we could be catalyzing a new evolutionary pathway that may one day prove to be advantageous under certain unforeseen conditions.

• Like 1