The Corroboree
Gimli

eBay/Gumtree finds

Its not even the same genus the adult looks like a trich to me, not even a Pilocereus I noticed that pic a few week ago any thought it odd

• Like 1

he has another listing similar

From the seller:

in winter she hibernated and often was under snow...she is a tough old girl ....don't get me wrong...I always took loving care of her

It doesn't snow in Dapto... Ever. The cactus in the photo is certainly a beauty, but I have to question the seller when they say stuff like that and have less than 100% positive feedback.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh :scratchhead:

Edited by BeerAlternative
  • Like 2

I didn't notice that, good point tho smells a bit fishy, the biding has begun tho.

Hasn't dropped below 1-2C in dapto in the last 5yrs I've been local. And maybe only 5 frosts in that time. Unless he's actually up the Mountain a few hundred metres and not in dapto (which is possible as a lot of southern highlands sellers will list items in the Illawarra as they work down there)

• Like 1

He's said that he's grown it over 30 years, so he might have moved from somewhere where it actually snows to Dapto.

I might just be being an arsehole... But if I was bidding I'd ask the seller to explain 'when it snowed in Dapto' and then leave it up to them to explain the history etc.

arsehole and ebay go hand in hand do they not?

i dont know the guy, and after recent events i don't wanna piss any one off, but it looks like its come from Overseas to me.

• Like 1

9 days left and $150 bucks... Pheww out of my price range already haha, will be watching this one tho.

Didnt realise the cereus crests were so valuable

How valuable did you think they were?

I guess?? It means the pup covers the "eye" where the flowers come out, idk how commen that is and idk if it looks that monstrose?

What a beast! Huge plant for such a small pot. T.scop rather than t.pach? Either way it's a good looking plant and I'd be bidding if I were anywhere near it.

• Like 2