The Corroboree
gtarman

Why don't any stores sell Psycho0?

Just curious...it seems like Psycho0 has a bit of a cult following as a cactus clone along with others like Eileen and Super Pedro etc...but I never see SAB or other ethnobotanical nurseries/vendors stocking it even though they often stock Eileen and the other clones. Was just wondering why that is?

Hi gtarman, just wrote a post about eileen but realized you were asking about Psycho0. I guess the Reason that Psycho0 is rather rare is that there are very few who give it away. I grow a couple of crosses but it´s been rarely available in the past.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input EG. It just always seemed strange to me that it's not more widespread - seeing as it's reportedly the fastest growing and most prolific of the Tricho's I would've thought it would be one of the most widely available simply due to the speed and ease of propagation :scratchhead:

• Like 1

A member here passive was the main man of the psycho0 cut. I'm sure if u can track him down he could sell u a ute load.

Apparently passive was PD's old screen-name...bit of SAB trivia in there. It looks like he hasn't posted here since 2013 now though

Could be the name, or maybe it just didn't make it into their collections. I'm pretty sure most of the clones sold by SAB are ones that they have collected through trades over the years or grown themselves, and you'll notice that they don't sell a lot of the Victorian specimens.

Psycho0 is pretty common though due to the fact that it grows like a weed - I have some big ones in the ground that have already put on 2 feet this season. PD used to sell heaps of it and last year or the year before was selling 50 and 100 foot lots on eBay.

• Like 1

im sure i saw herbalistix and SAB with a few psychoo hybrids last year or the year before

when herbalistx they had superpedro x terscheckii ... that time ,

wish I'dve got some with those above but the postage to here was beyond insane (bout 15 quid if i recall right when a 3 day acacia seeds bundle of ebay costs about 2 quid)

oh yeah , thats assuming you meant seeds too :innocent_n:

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Psycho0 originates and is still sold from the nursery called Cactus Country.

http://www.cactuscountry.com.au/

They just don't call it "Psycho0" as they have sold that same clone for many years both before and after it was named "Psycho0" by PD. So just because they don't call it Psycho0 doesn't mean they don't sell it. ;)

• Like 2

^^ interesting. I remember hearing that it came from there. Although I wonder if they'd have any idea what you were talking about if you asked about Psycho0 and don't think in terms of clones (IME not many outside the ethno community bother with the distinction too much unless a plant is significantly physically atypical of the species ie TBM)...or maybe it's one of those places that frowns upon the ethnobotanical side of cacti? Who knows...

Edited by gtarman

i bought amtre of pychoO off passive at the last ega outdoor for a very cheap price. lived un planted for about 4 months before i planted her/him/it and when i did threw a pup almost instantaneously (well in my eyes anyway).

it now has arms and is very reminiscent of the fun talks i had with pd last i saw him face to face. love you long time sailor.

i'll share some for ya gman-if ya like. it wont come tomorrow but it will come.

send me an addy bruz.

summer happiness and love

• Like 6