The Corroboree

Thanks for all your replys thus far. I have bought some "

Maitake Mushroom Powder" and "Reishi Mushroom Powder " to try out. It is of no concern if people post things that might be dangerous as much research will be done long before administering anything. also, as far as toxic compounds go, worth noting that many plant synergys can prevent a toxic effect of an included plant compound if ingested. The bone meal is a good idea and one i have read of a few times. does anyone know where to buy it from in brisbane? I have taken her off the moringa leaf, looking at it's roots now. moringa seemed to be very good helping her bulk up and did get rid of many "bumps" she had under her skin, seemingly not lymph nodes. moringa leaf now seems to be blocking or otherwise stopping an effect of the cats claw, olive leaf, echinacea extract. still cant get away from the idea of albizia lebbeck, and will go to a China herb seller to get some soon. after all, this is the plant nature took me to, odd as it sounds. in the near future i will visit a natural vet and talk about my list of plants, including Acacia, to see if they think any of them might be safe for cats. the rest will be observed. Thanks peoples, all the best.
  • Like 2

does anyone have any idea what is the best way to extract these mushrooms? i have seen the water followed by ethanol. do you think a 50% water / ethanol mixture would be better? given im trying to maintain a balance provided by the mushroom or stick with the generic water then ethanol extraction. all will be done in proper lab-glass systems at low temps.

to those that offered the "any diet as long as she eats" train of thought, a big thank you. i tried to get her onto tuna and chicken in can's (she wont eat what i make for her on these lines) she loves the sulfur dioxide stuff. so, i have replaced her moringa with egg-shells for time being. lookin good. in normal cat food. not as i wish, but then, she is her own person. does anyone know if albizia lebbeck is ok to give to a cat?

sorry i cant help with the above 2 questions but I found this site on bonemeal , which might be useful

http://pets.thenest.com/bone-meal-powder-cats-11469.html

oh heck

i know i read yesterday alcohol can be deadly to kitteh but so much shit hit the fan of late i couldnt even begin to recall where i found it

possibly as a further link from that site i last posted

mid you maybe the alc will be evap'ed ?

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

OK, update time i guess. Her health is looking great =) I've had her on moringa again, but fresh only. Fresh Moringa leaf seems to be the go, whilst dried shows problems, mostly pertaining to her skin (perhaps vitamin imbalance caused by the oxidation of some more volitile / unstable vitamins / compounds in the leaf). She takes one drop of a solution each day. The solution is made from Cats claw, echinacea, olive leaf, reishi mushroom and maitake mushroom. The mushroom component's being extracted at room temp with methanol, then water 3 times (all methanol extracs being dried at ver low temps and twice hydrolized and dried again, to (hopes) break up any possible un-wanted methanolic complexes). With ethanol, fraction distilled from store bought whisky to assume legality as payed tax on starting material and now know it's very pure, added by smell to stop moulding etc. The ethanol content would be rather strong. I'd expect some 20-30%vol.

Her skin is / coat is very good. The drying of the nipples and other issues FIV imparts (many turn to cancer's) have returned to normal state =)

She is very active and enjoying life allot (my main goal i guess), She is no longer howling all the time, a neurological symptom (possible cause - the virus wants the chance to spread, so cat will howl, become out of character, as if to attract a fight so virus could spread etc. knowing it's killing it's host) and looking good to the point others notice and comment. yeah, She is looking good =)

I'm yet to add some other mushrooms that have been offered here and ARE OK to the mix (after synergy testing). Along with some other plants I have focus on / or drawn towards by nature (cat ate a mulga wattle leaflet and showed improvement, though that plant didnt make it, ruling out further testings at this time). Like albizia lebeck, cactus's, wattle's, and red clover flower to add hormone support.

As i cant get clean ethanol for suck work in Australia for the life of me, Even the lab supplies cant tell me if there is "denaturant" in it.. In a country that pisses in every product they get their hands on and then have the ordacity to sell it to you, without even listing the toxic compounds they add to it and expect you expose yourself / your kitchen benches and food prep area's / food with.. and doing primary extractions on material with it is by no means Safe, or viable. What i do is not affordable I Buy whisky and run it through fractionating distill. 180-200mls costing between $38-$46 and a days borring baby-sitting labor to clean all the rubbish out of it and make it around 85-90% i guess for use. This, due to cost I only use to stabalise the final product, to stop moulding etc.

I came accross methanol (took 40 years) and thought i could use that. This is where i have a question about methanol to any out there who may have chemistry teachings. When I add methanol to water, it seems rather reactive... gaining in temp (exothermic reaction) when added. I'm aware that it is a methylated alcohol, such as octane boosting toluene is a methylated hydrocarbon. I know toluene can be used to synthetic produce pharmasutical stuff and maybe other nonsese and fear that methanol could do same sort of thing. This is where my fears are relised.

Could I be methylating my desired materials into some synthetic rubbish (I personally dont agree with synthetic meterials, yes i know my house is synthetic and have heard all that...) that wouldnt be broken apart by simple hydrolysis? It was not "distilled water" possible methyl chlorides? not looked into it yet. If anyone knows a source of good, safe clean taxed and legal to own and use ethanol i think that would be best. I'm getting the feeling that although this medicine #3 using methanol has shown the most promise, I have not been able to use enough ethanol to run primary extractions as to the cost and issues obtaining known pure material in Australia. I'm aware of likly increase in toxidity the final medicine will have by use of methanol rather than ethanol. Obviously there are many compounds in these mushrooms and many possible reactions with methanol it would seem. Can anyone shed some light on how I might keep reactions at bay and use more like ethanol?

Edited by ghosty
  • Like 2

phytopharmacological properties of albizia species - International ...

http://www.ijppsjournal.com/Vol5Suppl3/7501.pdf

review on albizia lebbeck a potent herbal drug - International ...

http://www.irjponline.com/admin/php/uploads/1069_pdf.pdf

Review of Shirish (Albizia lebbeck) therapeutic properties

http://interscience.org.uk/v5-i1/2%20ijahm.pdf

All very good info

I came accross methanol (took 40 years) and thought i could use that. This is where i have a question about methanol to any out there who may have chemistry teachings. When I add methanol to water, it seems rather reactive... gaining in temp (exothermic reaction) when added. I'm aware that it is a methylated alcohol, such as octane boosting toluene is a methylated hydrocarbon. I know toluene can be used to synthetic produce pharmasutical stuff and maybe other nonsese and fear that methanol could do same sort of thing. This is where my fears are relised.

Could I be methylating my desired materials into some synthetic rubbish (I personally dont agree with synthetic meterials, yes i know my house is synthetic and have heard all that...) that wouldnt be broken apart by simple hydrolysis? It was not "distilled water" possible methyl chlorides? not looked into it yet. If anyone knows a source of good, safe clean taxed and legal to own and use ethanol i think that would be best. I'm getting the feeling that although this medicine #3 using methanol has shown the most promise, I have not been able to use enough ethanol to run primary extractions as to the cost and issues obtaining known pure material in Australia. I'm aware of likly increase in toxidity the final medicine will have by use of methanol rather than ethanol. Obviously there are many compounds in these mushrooms and many possible reactions with methanol it would seem. Can anyone shed some light on how I might keep reactions at bay and use more like ethanol?

Glad to hear your cat is doing better :)

The reaction of methanol and water is indeed exothermic (http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/1999-09/936763522.Ch.r.html)

The only thing you have to worry about with methanol is the acute toxicity (to the eye/liver etc), it can't methylate anything. With regards to the ethanol, I believe it is only denatured with pyridine in Australia (which makes it really bitter - so cat may reject) that isn't THAT toxic. You could try propylene glycol if you are looking for a carrier :)

Can I ask what do you mean by 'hydrolysed', you do something with water?

Edited by IceCube

"Can I ask what do you mean by 'hydrolysed', you do something with water?"

yeah, when i evap methanol extract it's sweet smelling. when i add just a tad water and evap again, it looses that sweet smell and takes on a more natural smell i'd expect. I pondered if this may account for methanol extracts showing increased toxicity in general. Some for of complexing going on.

Anyhow update time.

The time had come to venture out on my own. I had reached the end of the known road (once again). Very aware of the dangers of conducting my own research with nature, and also my natural ability to find cures for my problems with success, I went ahead with all the fear and excitement you'd expect.

This is where it get's interesting for me, The whole time throughout the "base mixture" (missing cordyceps and without red clover added as was intended) treatment, she had put on weight, her howling had stopped, her skin had improved etc. But she still had signs of the virus still being active;

*Lymph nodes remained swollen (hind end nodes looking large enough to burst)
*Some skin irritation and scabs from scratching
*Personality was not quite normal
*Acted as if a bit timid (could be medicine)
*Constant licking end of her tail
*Noticeably high body temp
*Drink larger than normal water daily (not to the point of alarm)
*React badly to "cat food" This reaction was extreme! (all above made worse within 12 hours). This reaction became one of my main observation points for the effectiveness of the medicines.
No healthy "glow".

By the first test of a new plant decoction I was looking to add I noticed an almost instant change in her. As per normal, I told her "what it was and that I think it will be OK. But that I cant be totally sure it wont hurt you. you are taking a chance for yourself." She will choose to take it or not. She is not never forced.
This must however be done with much enthusiasm. I must work her up for a new treatment. I think this over-rides her primal instinct to some degree. if she may otherwise um and err and walk away from that plant etc. picking up on something she isnt sure about. Anyhow, She took 3 small licks.
All above cleared up within 24 hours.
EVERYTHING!
Wow =) I checked her for noticeable known toxic signs and found none at 24H point. Waitied another 24 hours and check again. No problem =)
72 hours later gave her one drop of same solution. Observe her for the next 3 days. Well, All signs of virus attack seems gone. I have given her "cat food" to test this by that reaction for a whole 3 days. No problems. No toxic signs either.
She has her healthy glow back, is totally herself again. I have my Angle back again.

To think it was the first plant i tried.. wow. normally it takes a mix of 4-9 plants from 2-5 countries to cure serious illness =P The effects of this plant were so very extreme I wonder just how much of the base medicine in her worked in synergy with it and / or was needed to gain this effect.

This is where bloodwork must now be done.

But how to claim some credit for my findings?

Have I cured the 4th serious problem that "cant be cured" in as many years?

Time will tell. Going to administer one drop diluted to her tonight of a fresh decoction made from very fresh picked material. Bloodwork done as soon as can afford. results shall be provided.

edit- the lymph nodes have reduced in size gradually over the time since the first treatment with this addition plant to this time right now. where they are of normal size and have become a source of such joy to NOT see anymore. I feel its a good sign that the nodes have been consistent the whole time rather a while after the smallest bit of mixture many days before.

Edited by ghosty
  • Like 1

Great job there ghosty...interesting stuff!!

So can I confirm is the following your "base mixture":

<<<The solution is made from Cats claw, echinacea, olive leaf, reishi mushroom and maitake mushroom.>>>

And what did you add to the solution which caused the recent further improvement:

<<<By the first test of a new plant decoction I was looking to add, I noticed an almost instant change in her....72 hours later gave her one drop of same solution. Observe her for the next 3 days. Well, All signs of virus attack seems gone>>>

Thank you!

Power to you and the kitty :)

yeah,

the base mixture is ; Cats claw (Tomentosa or some such root powder), echinacea (leaf), olive leaf, reishi mushroom (whole powder) and maitake mushroom (whole powder), shitake mushroom (whole powder).

Yet to get my hands on cordyceps (whole or whole powder (allot of scams with this one, deaths too =greed)) for this "base treatment Mixture". "base mixtue" is what I could find online with promising results. My starting point.

much of what I have learned about botanical medicines was not too good for cats. Downright deadly in some cases. So with my much loved cat in advanced stages of FIV and her body wasting badly, combined with my acceptance of knowing little to nothing about feline botanicals This was my brakes on the virus progression.

Was going to add red clover flower to it but have seen little need now.

Base mixture took some time to get balance right. and is based largely on the now available natural FIV medicine you can buy "5 mushroom extract" along with some of my gut feelings as normal.

Then, after a few moths attempting to get some data and some OK's from others in the know I was off to continue my work. Tried the first plant I was drawn to a plant I respect and know isn't toxic to people, thought to be non-toxic to cats(?) and is known to be very powerful. Both in written works, botanical / analytical studies, and my personal use of the plant.

This plant is only one in a short-list consisting of some 8 plants max for the next phase of additions to the base mixture. Every addition must be tested with each other without base mixture, then balanced (find the best % and strength of each mixture where you find the you observe the best result and less to NO bad reactions (skin / coat is great for this))

then synergy testing to the base mixture to find balance with that. etc. thus - "medicine 1"

Each addition is balanced to the first addition then to some base mixture = medicine 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 =)

Each step is a hell of a lot of work. It's not perfect but it's what I can do. Working bloody great right now! Blood-work soon will tell me much much more. I cant even tell you how this might be working.. There are literally thousands of chemicals in the mixtures and who knows what reactions are / have / will take place between them. Allot I'd think, ongoing to some degree.

The new plant is for now little hush whilst I look to see who can test this and show some interest. Interestingly, there is / has been a larger than expected lack of interest. At least in these early stages. In near future when I work out what can be done (looking into uni's now, yep it's like that..) Whether I can sell it, anywhere etc.

not looking good. I will just give this info away on a PDF file tagged with my name.

At least this way somebody can sit there and think a thank-you to me for what they come to see.

=)

In saying that though, If you NEED something like this (like this first addition) I can make it for you.

I see the obvious concerns I'd have with this though.

Is that even legal here? To provide a medicine for person / animal that isnt registered? All I've seen is page after page after page of impossible costly red tape going the legit path =( Hence, give it away for others to work on / benifit from in future.

re-appearing thoughts -

Albizia is still blowing in the wind..

want to find out more on A confusa

want to find out more on A. concurrens

ponder feaverfew (seems dangerous)*

*just a curiosity, not drawn to it.

Edited by ghosty
  • Like 1

anyone know if cats can have very small amount of hordenine?

anyone know if cats can have very small amount of hordenine?

From Wiki

Pharmacology

The first pharmacological study of hordenine to be recorded is that of Heffter, who was also the first to isolate it. Using the sulfate salt (see "Chemistry"), Heffter gave a subcutaneous dose of 0.3 g to a 2.8 kg cat (~ 107 mg/kg), and observed no effects besides violent vomiting; the cat behaved normally within 45 mins. He also took a dose of 100 mg orally himself, without experiencing any observable effect. However, the alkaloid was observed to produce a paralysis of the nervous system in frogs.[2]

Thanks for getting me started =)

I know there are other dangers of that material being a rather strong MAO-B inhibitor. Just following up on a feeling I've always had about a cactus with long a history of very interesting and powerful medical use (in low doses obviously). There may be some minimal legal concerns with it too. Though I'd imagine a very small (2g max starting material) amount for FIV treatment's would be OK. Who can say in a world of grey?

ok update time i guess.

So, i had made a mixture of the plants mentioned and one not (Annona muricata) and found that there was some swelling i could feel on her side, behind the ribcage. around the area of the spleen. This was time to stop!

So, what could i do, this medicine was working great till then (some 2 months or so). I dumped the bottle (shitload of work and money gone) and decided to rework the medicine in reverse order. using no chemistry, only her drinking water as the carrier.

Placing an amount in her water each day after i had seen she has had morning food and something to drink. the amount small, some 1-2mg (eyed) of reishi mushroom whole powdered. doing this for 3 days, everything settled down and she seemed OK. Wanting to know what was causing this and suspecting the annona, i gave the smallest amount possible to her and lo-and-behold swelling occurred in same area. out with Annona..

She has now been on just reishi at 1-2mg a day for some 2 weeks or so now, and doing well. I dont make her drink it if she doesnt want to. i tell her im going to give her some and she can drink it if she likes, her choice. she likes to watch me put it in her water and purrs as she watches me do so. not every day will she drink it. most days though she will. I tell her when i give this to her that the water will be changed to clean normal water in 1 hour so drink if you like. in hour i change to normal water.

not long after this i noticed shit-loads of flea's (warmer weather etc) on her, and an increase in "flea allergy" to match. Lymph nodes were up again too. I kept thinking about cats claw plant (tormentosa- if anyone can hook me up with this impossible to find plant I'd love it and make it worthwhile) and how it's "claws" are just too cat-ish, it must mean something. given that this was in her medicine, it seemed time to add it to test the effect this method. Having a feeling it might help with fleas. well, i gave her a small amount in water. she didnt like it. she drank a small bit, few licks and walked off. tried again next day, noticing nothing alarming. she didnt have anymore. stopping there with that plant.

anyhow, about 4-5 days later, she had 2 flea's that i could find. opposed to hundreds all over her just days before. This has shown to be afr far more effective than any "flea treatment" i have ever bought, and dont like to give her. here i am, some 1/12 weeks later and still flea-free. I'm impressed. whilst it looks as though i have not met my target in terms of FIV, I seem to have found a very good flea treatment. requiring further work outside of my abilities.

anyhow she is looking well and having fun. looks like i got her another summer of fun, my primary goal at first. not too shabby =) that didnt in any way seem possible when she went downhill from FIV (when i found out at point of wasting).

She took me out for a walk late last night and led the way (normally i lead and call her for a walk). she just walks beside me. no lead etc. around the neighborhood.

It's these simple pleasures that makes life so great to me. I know i cant hold on to her forever, but to enjoy quality time with her is to me such a wonderful thing. :wink: