The Corroboree
sharxx101

Indian Yogi claims to not have eaten since the age of 12

I have formed a new theory. Maybe they make these false TV shows JUST FOR THE MONEY.

Get. Out. Of. Town. :o

:lol:

The Tibetan buddhists have a practise called Chulen where progressively they develop the ability to live off energy.

Actually, chulen is a type of herbal mixture that is ingested by the Buddhist practitioner during long meditation sessions, in isolation. Its eaten so Chulen is not a technique or a practice, but rather it is a herbal supplement. They take it as a source of subtle energy which aids their meditations. I believe normal food which has a greater density than these herbs can interfere and cause disturbances during their practice.

A lot of Buddhist monks are vegetarian, one reason for this is because meat will cause an overload of wild uncontrollable energy. This massive spike of energy would clash with their sedentary, meditative lifestyle. The Dalai Lama eats small portions of meat, it makes sense for him to do this because he needs that extra energy while travelling and teaching around the world.

I think a lot of this has to do with energy management, we expend a lot of energy, daily, from physical to emotional and intellectual. For example; a burst of negative emotion such as anger consumes an enormous amount of energy, thats why we feel tired after getting really angry. Most of us ordinary people have no idea about how to conserve and utilize energy efficiently, we don't even know how to properly manage our diets. There are levels to this that we have no idea about.

Nirmanakaya Chulen is imbibing the elements through food and pills.

Sambhogakaya Chulen is imbibing the elements through the pills.

Dharmakaya Chulen is imbibing the elements through the breath.

I'll believe it when I see it.

how sad, all the awesome flavours of food he is missing. Or is the eternal life force like the bubble-gum of willy wonker that can taste like everything? im still not impressed.

• Like 1

I'd seriously like to believe it but I've just seen too much fake BS stories on TV and the net. There are plenty of small and large scale TV productions that are completely fake, made simply to sell-sell-sell in a competitive marketplace.

It's not like making BS TV shows is a crime. It's completely legal to do so, and makes for some compelling viewing within some niche audiences.

how sad, all the awesome flavours of food he is missing. Or is the eternal life force like the bubble-gum of willy wonker that can taste like everything? im still not impressed.

Exactly. I often wish i could photosynthesise, when i can't be bothered getting/affording food. But the tastes!

• Like 1