The Corroboree

EGA ppl- I can't find the ACTINOS links from Dr David Caldicott's EGA presentation. Anyone have them?

The WEDINOS pages are here: http://wedinos.org/

From WEDINOS:

New Psychoactive Substances

"substances of abuse, either in a pure form or a preparation, that are not controlled by the 1961 Convention on Narcotic Drugs or the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances, but which may pose a public health threat”

Information from a range of sources in the UK and Europe indicate that some users of new psychoactive substances (NPS) are at risk of a number of serious adverse effects. Principally these include the direct or acute physical, psychological and behavioural effects following use, as well as the potential for increased engagement with criminal justice services. Longer term, or chronic effects are, in the main, poorly evidenced. This project is designed to inform both.

Both are great projects. The ACTINOS one is the Australian version. Can't remember where it is at right now

My google-fu is failing, and the obvious .org/ .com links don't get me anywhere. Can't find either via FB.

About 10 years ago when I was in my final year of high school I did an assignment for legal studies on the pill testing that Dr. Calldicott was conducting as harm minimisation; my assignment was of course focusing on the legalities of this as it was strictly not legal and police/government were not giving any support at all. It was an awesome thing he was doing and I conducted an interview with him and everything. A really good bloke he was. Needless to say my teacher wasn’t impressed with my topic of choice especially as it was the major assignment for the year, but it shut her up when I got a 19/20 for it :)

Needless to say he has saved a number of lives through his work. There are some really cool papers in the sciencedirect.com database on his work done in South Australia and Victoria about a decade ago.

Peace.

I couldnt find it either.

I emailed Dr Caldicott after EGA asking for the website links and have not got a reply. I seem to remember him saying there was some technical issues and the site was getting rebuilt.

Edited by watertrade