The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Meditator

What cool stuff have you found at bunnings?

What is the coolest plant or item you have found at bunnings?

I found a 25 cm san pedro for 14 dollars once.

A $10 scop that went, (and so far has stayed), 4 ribbed after planting it out.

Other than that, a few cool looking bridgesii's, especially one that seems to throw out a single spine per areole. Also some Myrt Geo that I used for graft stock.

Some weirdo 'assorted colours' plant

it was a random flowering plant that looked more like a caterpillar, looked like a crested flower.

Nothing cool ever comes to bunnings in WA :(

we bought my dad a cap with built in LED lights from bunnings. he loves that cap.

• Like 4

scop, pach, myrto, bridgi, mammis...but they have stopped stocking in the last year or so :/

Fold-out 'papasan' style camping/outdoor/sunroom chairs...love them, best things I have ever bought.

Worst thing. A heated propogation chamber without a thermostat. First time I turned it on, it must have heated to 40-50c and cooked a bunch of cuttings.

Edited by Rabelais

I found 1 of my kids in the play gym and I scored some xylene

• Like 8

I bought this last week, but of course all the Bunnings label told me was that it was a cactus. A little ID help anyone.

post-15675-0-10778100-1418900007_thumb.j

post-15675-0-10778100-1418900007_thumb.jpg

post-15675-0-10778100-1418900007_thumb.jpg

^^cereus^^

What's the deal with bunnings anyway? wasn't the whole point that they were meant to be cheap.. well they are cheap, as in absolute cheap bloody crap that is extremely over priced!

I guess now that they have killed off all the small local hardware businesses they can charge anything they damn well please for their flimsey, useless landfill fodder & sickly, diseased & neglected plants.

Fuck bunnings.

• Like 3

^^cereus^^

What's the deal with bunnings anyway? wasn't the whole point that they were meant to be cheap.. well they are cheap, as in absolute cheap bloody crap that is extremely over priced!

I guess now that they have killed off all the small local hardware businesses they can charge anything they damn well please for their flimsey, useless landfill fodder & sickly, diseased & neglected plants.

Fuck bunnings.

I generally concur with your sentiments...but.

I seen this happen in my own location. Bunnings moved in down the road from a locally owned big-box harware store and they've been dying a slow death. If I was in their situation, I might try and stock some more unique boutique items, locally produced products, heirloom varieties, high quality brands and equipment...there are a million things they could do to differentiate and create a niche for themselves...

But all they do is stock the exact same products as Bunnings then bitch and moan about how they can't compete...maybe I'm being harsh, but I get the feeling the managers/owners are as uninspired as the zombiefied assistants who lurch up and down the aisles. I don't feel the least bit sorry for them.

• Like 1

Nothing cool ever comes to bunnings in WA :(

I've found many varieties of chilli at Bunnings. Saved me from growing them from seed this year.

Yeah rabelais, I definitely agree, but i think the problem may also be that the majority of the population & therefore the source of income of these shops are largely braindead & only a tiny fraction of the community would even want those heirloom varieties & high quality products.. people just love their cheap flimsy shit & are probably happy when it falls to pieces cause it means they get to go & waste money at bunnings again so for a moment they can be under the illusion they are filling that gaping hole in their soul that has been left by their utterly meaningless & profoundly depressing consumerist existence.

• Like 6

By the way that's a beautiful plant getafix!

• Like 2

Picked up some nice petunias for Nan.

• Like 1

This amazing Peru. Best Bunning's find ever.

attachicon.gif001.JPG

attachicon.gif002.JPG

attachicon.gif003.JPG

Getafix

how tall is it m8

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I forgot this peruvianus. Pics don't do it justice, it's a beauty in person. Always reminds me a bit of Roseii #2, gets a similar black/red to the spines.

post-13830-0-44680700-1418966520_thumb.j post-13830-0-72441300-1418966525_thumb.j post-13830-0-83573500-1418966531_thumb.j

post-13830-0-44680700-1418966520_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-72441300-1418966525_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-83573500-1418966531_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-44680700-1418966520_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-72441300-1418966525_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-83573500-1418966531_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

By the way that's a beautiful plant getafix!

Thanks mate. I share many of your sentiments on Bunnings. Just so happened to be there for most probably a sausage in bread when I found this. Had a huge fight with the missus about buying a ridiculously over priced cactus to add to my 7 million I already had but had an inkling it was special!!

how tall is it m8

About 2.3mtrs I reckon. It has grown from 500mm to that height in 2.5 yrs.

Cheers mate

• Like 2

Just so happened to be there for most probably a sausage in bread when I found this

hey yeah! how could i forget.. the sausage sanwhiches! They are clearly the best thing about bunnings by far! except the very occational beautiful cactus (if you get them soon enough before they deteriorate rapidly due to too little light, too much water etc etc).

Same goes for all the plants there. if you catch the petunias or cacti within a week of them being delivered from the nursery then you should be ok.. except that dirty feeling you get from giving money to such a morally deficient corporate entity & all..

• Like 1

paradox needs some tlc from the bunnings de programmer

:P

ho kay keep it rollin mun......i once found a hundy on the floor in the pool section - i reckon it fell out of a area managers' pocket

• Like 3

paradox needs some tlc from the bunnings de programmer

:P

ho kay keep it rollin mun......i once found a hundy on the floor in the pool section - i reckon it fell out of a area managers' pocket

Hope you rolled it up, snorted a metre of bug powder and left it where you found it.

Course you did..... :P

• Like 2

What did you guys pay for your cactus? Mine was either 14 or 30 but i think 14.

• Like 1

huh? what did you guys pay for it? what?

there now have self serv at bunnings.

i get some tape, two boxes of matches, a few bags of soil, scoria, 10 kg drum of chlorine and the whole time just smile at the attendant as i scan items. if i miss something it's not my fault - i would never have got a job as a checkout person...hehheee

my last bill at bunnings was $7.40

• Like 2

Eth you are an amazing energy, may I be present in your aura one day you sentient being of upmost hilarity!

I literally found a kanga poo in the dunnies one day at bunnings. Has anyone noticed tradies go to bunnings just to get their coffee and chicken mayo sanga? I once saw a lineup for the shitter too at bunnings, I guess that's where the kanga poo came from, it's an amazing feeling to have the person behind you be the guy to flush twice...

I got a penis cactus from bunnings once too for 3.99. It was so big and had a circumference that would impress a nun.

• Like 1