The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
FancyPants

ID please? :)

Question

Never seen these ones in the wild, just out of curiosity are the darker ones on the bottom row p. cyans, and the ones on top something else? All were growing out of cow shit near a river in the far north qld tropics. Besides the bruising colouring there seems to be little difference besides the paler ones seeming slightly harder, and the edges of the cap seem a little rounder. Although with fungus I understand that the tiniest differences can mean everything so I'm taking no chances.

th_imagejpg2.jpg

th_imagejpg1.jpg

th_imagejpg4.jpg

th_imagejpg3.jpg

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

5 answers to this question

all panaeolus sp. but not one of them are P. cyanescens.. a common look alike, they often grow alongside pan cyans..

will try to remember the species name..

looks like panaeolus antillarum again. these guys are very hardy and prolific right down the east coast it would seem.

I picked a few of them the other day... the stem is much thicker on those compared to cyans. They also seem to like more light cause you always see them poking up above the grass in open paddock.

Thanks heaps guys heaps appreciate it :) and that info will come very much in handy when theres no internet reception around to check. Those antillarum really are prolific!