The Corroboree
trippygardener

Saddest day of my growing life..

Today I returned from work to see what was once my greenhouse laying in two on the floor of the backyard. It was the home to my psychotria varieties, caapi, trich and loph seedlings and more. There has been this stabbing sensation in my chest ever since.. I think I can save a few but my mother psychotria is gone :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

It was one of them crappy 50$ gh from bunnings yall know the type im sure 4 legged square 4 tier. I also had the 3 legged but swapped it cause that seemed way worse. Now this has broken (along with my heart) whats my next upgrade thinking of returning it and getting something slightly bigger (Not too big) and was looking for some recommendations was getting overcrowded in there anyway.

Anyone know any recommendations of an upgrade that might be sturdier or perhaps someone here has strengthened theirs before and has some tips? Any input welcome even if you just want to share my heartache pls do :BANGHEAD2:

Sorry Man! :( Stuff like this happens and it makes us get better at growing Plants! And i know our members will help you to get your collection back on Track if you need anything!

• Like 2

thanks eg man I know this will add some experience and boy will I learn from my mistakes haha im gonna get it back up and running asap looking at a diy now trust in my self this time around I reckon

A little tip not that I have a greenhouse but whenever I can get away with it I find a few friends to adopt some of my plants so if I have a catastrophic failure I can go back to them for cuttings. Unfortunately my climate is cold so a few of the plants I wanted to give to friends this year didn't survive the transition from outside into the house.

Hey dox that's an awesome idea! I've strayed sharing what I can with friends and family because I just wanted to spread my plants around but never thought of going back for cuttings and what not when they've matured love it thanks buddy

Ya you don't even need to tell them what it is a lot of the time (I mean I don't live with rules like you guys have) but some of the ethnos make great "tropical" or "exotic" plants for friends. If you trust them a lot then you can tell them the information about it but remember sometimes it is the people you know best who make poor decisions in who they report this information to because of the morals that society has constructed in relation to some of these plants. That being said don't give someone something that is explicitly illegal, that is not what I am saying.

• Like 1

yeah man thats a pretty good point actually and something to keep in mind generally ive shared it with pretty like minded people and the occasional family member but if it has alkaloids and isnt well known about I don't usually tell them (the family) unless there pretty cool you know, with cacti everyones cool you know just force it upon them "look man its a cacti, you cant say no" lol :P

• Like 1

Bolt something together in timber.

Use the plastic for part of your new cover.

Those houses are a disaster waiting to happen :(

• Like 1

The shittest thing was I was just about to secure it when I had time of work with a square wood base and some rope which was today haha watching those things in the wind is painful I've cashed in a refund for the greenhouse at bunnings thinking of a diy from pellets I have access to from work then I can curse myself if anything goes wrong:p