The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
_Cursive

Hi! Looking for Calea Zacatechichi and Silene Capensis.

Hi! As the topic says, if you do I don't have much to trade, though I have Toothache plant (Acmella Oleracea) seeds for trade.

I don't have much else unfortunately..

Many thanks,

James.

This lady sells silene capensis seeds sometimes.

http://www.howtogarden.co.nz/index.php/catalog/herbs/

She doesn't have them listed atm but I would try shoot her an email and ask cause smaller quantities are often available but not on website. She has lobelia inflata too, and a number of other interesting med herbs

• Like 1

Thanks bogfrog! :) I see you changed your name back.

I did a little Google on Lobelia Inflata and it doesn't seem to be a dream herb. Good for clearing the throat and as a nicotine substitute.
Thanks for the heads up and the link.

my silene's are in flower at the moment so could probably supply you heaps in a month or 2 (Idk how long it takes to go to seed pod)

• Like 2

Oh cool!! That would be much appreciated man! :) Thanks!

• Like 1

the only thing is a can't confirm nor deny if its actual silene capensis. The flowers look different but it is most definitely a silene

• Like 2

Thanks bogfrog! :) I see you changed your name back.

I did a little Google on Lobelia Inflata and it doesn't seem to be a dream herb. Good for clearing the throat and as a nicotine substitute.

Thanks for the heads up and the link.

Yep yep :)

Whoops sorry mate I got you muddled up in my head with someone else who was looking for lobelia inflata.

Hey Nailthesnail, have you got any pics? I could maybe confirm or deny it for ya.

I'm about to harvest my silene, it's been growing for 3 years now. Wish I grew 10 plants instead of one so I could share it round but I'll be sure to report back on it.

• Like 2

the only thing is a can't confirm nor deny if its actual silene capensis. The flowers look different but it is most definitely a silene

Not a problem man! :) Let me know anyway, I'd still be keen! I have some Mexican Prickly poppy seeds (I just saw a pod ready today) if you want some along with the Toothache plant?

Yep yep :)

Whoops sorry mate I got you muddled up in my head with someone else who was looking for lobelia inflata.

Hey Nailthesnail, have you got any pics? I could maybe confirm or deny it for ya.

I'm about to harvest my silene, it's been growing for 3 years now. Wish I grew 10 plants instead of one so I could share it round but I'll be sure to report back on it.

Haha all g! :)

I'm very keen to hear about your experience with it please! :)

Hey bogget if you are ever out that way there should be an army of S. capensis at my old whare, you are welcome to harvest roots and distribute seed if you fancy.

Think they should be around 3 years as well so should be ready for harvest?

@_Cursive

if nailthesnail or bog can't help you out I will grab some over the next few months if the pods are still viable.

flick me a PM sometime and maybe we can help each other find some of the things on our wish lists..

• Like 3

should probs put photos up for the id aye, some are starting to go to seedpod

150548bc9eb6a4d21418447339.jpg351548bca8b2601c1418447499.jpg930548bcd9a75a6d1418448282.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah that looks like it! :) Thanks!

sweet as mate

Hey nailsnail, any chance youd consider sending a few seeds across the ditch?

also cursive i have a calea seedling which i grew from SAB seed, i would recommend checking the shop. Germination rates were low, but with thousands of seeds in a pack and a bit of time your likely to get a result

• Like 1

Sweet! Thanks for the input! :) Appreciate it!

I have a few seeds left (they are tricky to germinate though) that silene plant pictured here seems to have very short flowers, mine has long ones like nicotiana quadravelvis (excuse spelling) id be glad to send them to you. "silene undulata".