The Corroboree

Hey guys :)

So I'm curious, what are your favourite neuroplasticity techniques? I know of the Dual N-Back game. Does anyone have any good websites or training programs/regimes they can recommend?

Nutrition wise, on a daily basis I take:

750mg Aniracetam or 30mg Noopept (I don't know what to make of Noopept...)
300-400mg Alpha GPC

2000mg Omega 3
1000mg Vitamin C (With rose hips and slow release)
300mg Alpha Lipoic Acid
30mg CoQ10
500mg L-Tyrosine

Any contributions are most welcome!

Peace :)

• Like 1

Bop it!

Dont matter what you eat your brain feeds itself in reality. But excersizing it gives you good chemistry for neuro resources.

The odd cheeseburger really doesnt hurt brain chemistry... in fact whats in the cheeseburger excites the brain n works it out.lol.

Not sure if this is quite what your asking about, im not very informed on all this, just know it works for me, I'm told it is what neurotransmitters are built from so is helpful for growing new wiring:

SAM-e

It's great stuff.

http://www.healthpost.co.nz/cellfood-cellfood-sam-e-wns.html

Laugh or not, I've recently picked up a Ping pong ball and cricket stump and started bouncing it against a flat wall. If you need a quick brain this'll help. I only practice on days when I'm super nooted tho. By super nooted I mean I've had waklert+oxiracetam on top of my usual choline/phenypiracetam regime. Occasionally I'll do the fish oil blah blah but generally I super noot when my diet has been raw and wholesome for at least 3 days, and a few nights 8hrs solid sleep helps. That's when the brain really handles what it needs too and can properly accept it's boost.

But I boost to achieve particular things on particular days, so this may not be the suggestion you meant? Eg i do it to smash out an assignment or pot up a few hundred plants at the nursery and don't really need super brain function each day, Infact I like it when I can zombie beer man without the brain going all the time and being too smart for itself.

• Like 2

Bop it!

Dont matter what you eat your brain feeds itself in reality. But excersizing it gives you good chemistry for neuro resources.

The odd cheeseburger really doesnt hurt brain chemistry... in fact whats in the cheeseburger excites the brain n works it out.lol.

doesn't matter what you eat? are you completely bonkers?

more like "you are what you eat", way more accurate than "don't matter what you eat your brain feeds itself"

umm, sorry but it doesn't. you feed your brain with that you put in your mouth, and what you expose your sensors to (sight, smell, taste, touch)

• Like 1

over-nooting is an interesting topic.

i dunno. intelligence, or mental function, serves a purpose. intelligence for its own sake doesn't serve anything, except to maybe diminish other facets of oneself. earlier in life the mind is hopefully ravenous. it is never full, even as its capacity starts to shrink, but as you adapt around or settle beyond the twists and turns of life it does start seeming to serve one better to to restrict cranial renovation to necessities or particular goals.

that said, i'll never be smart enough in this life to satisfy my curiosities, so i do take advantage of nootropics, and anyone who values their mind must stimulate it (eg reading), flex it (eg think about what you're reading) and don't forget without mindbody there is no mind, so seek to be healthy.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

Lol. I am completly bonkers. My freinds and family think im senceble and rationaly sane but i, like you... know deep down im completly bonkers.

http://hub.jhu.edu/magazine/2012/summer/dont-feed-your-head

Edited by wert

^ "fasting" has a lot of connotations.

its worth looking into a "restricted eating window" now and then, which could be something like a six hour eating window one day and then the same window the next day... especially if the first window closes before a workout (more time for testosterone and HGH to do what they do before the next insulin surge).

going 18 hours without food will probably have adverse effects if you are adapted to a carbohydrate-rich diet.

Cheeseburgers and hot dogs with omega 3.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-021140000000000000000.html?maxCount=31

Plus some mcdonalds burgers actually have a moderate GI index. Its true. Cheeseburgers arn't all that bad for brains... they fuck everything else up but.

Excersize both physical and mental are best. Bop it or the new scratch it are great examples of mental stimuli.

I agree with conditional fasting though.

Edited by wert