The Corroboree
∂an

looking for phalaris seeds

I want to plant some phalaris grass to provide cover for an exposed garden bed. I have aquatica, would like to also try planting brachystachys and arundinacea. anyone got any seeds of these available? cheers

In case anyone here doesn't, old evilbay is always a safe bet...the second link is US, but they ship worldwide for pennies. You'd just have to make sure it's a permitted species through ICON.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Phalaris-Arundinacea-Reed-Canary-Grass-100-seeds-/281496016309?pt=AU_LM_Metaphysical&hash=item418a7855b5

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Phalaris-Brachystachys-10-Seeds-Shortspike-Canarygrass-/301390180636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item462c41311c

• Like 1

I have some "big medicine" x "yugo red" seeds if you are interested.

Happy to trade.

Edited by Glaukus

It was my understanding that the magic produced by seed grown grass tends to be very unpredictable in quality/quantity, and that clones are what you're after - does anyone grow any named strains by division?

I have acres of Phalaris aquatica. Mostly the seed is infertile, but a piece of tussock ships fine. Note that while they do contain tryptamine goodies (use a wheat-grass juicer) the stagger grass/gramine reputation is more likely due to ergotism, though others disagree (something to bear in mind, perhaps?).

Content seems to be highest just before they begin frosting off at the start of Winter.

PM me if you are interested.

G.