The Corroboree
Dreamwalker.

the ? artifical evolution of processed foods.

USDA approves GMO potato designed by Simplot

yum yum....this gmo potato has been modified to resist bruising and produce less acrylamide (carcinogen) ...it happens when cooked/fried at high temps.....so the fast food industry can rough handle your frys & they are less likely to give you cancer....we hope?

What's the trajectory here...come 50 years.. what will processed foods have become?

Edited by Dreamwalker.

in 50 years we'll be eating lab grown food, or 3d printed food which is essentially just a splodge of chemicals designed to taste like a certain thing and possessing the functional chemistry to deliver the required nutrients to keep us alive long enough to slave for a a subsistence wage until we die

fast food that is, there will still be "gourmet" food that only the elites can eat which basically is just naturally grown vegetables/meat (naturally farmed meat will become prohibitively expensive in the future only the 0.1% can afford to eat it)

• Like 2

I cant imagine the Billions who live without electricity switching to lab grown food in the next 50 years.

• Like 3

i rekon in 50 years we will b eating mostly from our backyards. most skools are teaching our kids bout the likes of waste managerment/ cropping/ recycling/ junkfoods blah blah . my kidies skool has alsorts of shit wormfarm/ herb/veg garden / native gardens and a no rubbish rule . t heres only 1 rubbish bin for the whole skooll.

we choose what world we live in......... I could go sum hot chips and gravy now

Edited by bullit
  • Like 5

Come 50 years we'll be eating rodents that are fed on cockroaches that feed on maggots that feed on genetically modified slimes that break down the sewerage and hospital waste from the rich unattainable classes whose shit will rain down upon us from their lofty golden spires.

And they'll say "Well you were dumb enough to vote for it".

True story...

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 3

Soylent Greens?

Come 50 years we'll be eating rodents that are fed on cockroaches that feed on maggots that feed on genetically modified slimes that break down the sewerage and hospital waste from the rich unattainable classes whose shit will rain down upon us from their lofty golden spires.

True story...

hahahaha

it's funny because it's true!!

True story...

Except we are those rich people haha.

with respect, i don't think so. we just happen to live somewhere that most of the proles are afforded an easy ride (for now).

we'll probably eat shit just like everyone else in the 99%, if not more.

[/bleak]

I think people are willing-fully blind as to how much of our shit we make others eat.

• Like 3

I think people are willing-fully blind as to how much of our shit we make others eat.

especially when you think about how australia has one of the highest rates of emissions per capita, and with such a small population already its only going to get worse. the disadvantaged feel the brunt of climate change far more... we as a rich nation are shitting into the mouths of the global poor. and that is just considering the effect of man-made climate change alone....

Edited by sundrop

ahhh, i agree with that. still, i don't think any of us gets a seat at the table when things go proper pear-shaped, which is all i was getting at.

• Like 1